• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker comes out in support of Gun Ownership, Touts GOAL Rating on radio.

Affirming his support for the Second Amendment, Republican candidate for governor Charles Baker said he’d received a score of 94 on a Gun Owners Action League questionnaire and that his running mate, Sen. Richard Tisei, had an “A” rating from the group.

Baker said he was concerned that gun control efforts were a “little misguided,” saying the state’s gun laws are already among the “most strict” in the nation. He cited three factors behind gun violence: cuts in local aid that he said have hurt local law enforcement, reductions in the budgets of county prosecutors, and witness and jury intimidation.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/po..._requirement_could_curb_witness_intimidation/

I heard he said something about the AWB and is pissing off gun owners. Anyone here it?

On [witness intimidation], Baker suggested that Massachusetts should pursue the “clever idea” of requiring courtroom visitors to sign in before attending judicial proceedings. The requirement, he said, would enable court personnel to check for outstanding warrants and would likely keep intimidators away from courthouses.

Which is intimidation of citizens attending the court. [rolleyes] Less worse...

sounds like a late round attempt to pick up some momentum with special interest groups (we gun nuts) to me. He's had lukewarm responses to inquiries regarding 2A rights this up to this point, and I suspect this is an effort to grab more support.

Not that we're all voting for devolve patrick...

I heard he said something about the AWB and is pissing off gun owners. Anyone here it?

Which is intimidation of citizens attending the court. [rolleyes] Less worse...

I would think it would be one of those if you have nothing to hide you should not be intimidated by the courts hearings. Just my thought on it I didn't know much about baker but providing this is all truth I am starting to like him.

"He cited three factors behind gun violence: cuts in local aid that he said have hurt local law enforcement, reductions in the budgets of county prosecutors, and witness and jury intimidation."

What a typical ignorant load of political shit this guy is peddling!!!!

The three most pertinent factors in gun violence are: Drugs, which the phony war on drugs have made very profitable for both the sellers and government gearboxes who grind them up, Gangs, who are comprised of mostly inner city kids who have no socially acceptable male role models or supervision in their lives, Poverty which comes from democrats fostering generational welfare by giving "hand outs" instead of "Hands UP".

Wake up and smell the coffee Mr Baker.....if you are going to govern this state, you could at least show that you have a frigging clue as to what is really going on......you moron!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think it would be one of those if you have nothing to hide you should not be intimidated by the courts hearings. Just my thought on it I didn't know much about baker but providing this is all truth I am starting to like him.

So you would have no issue with random police searches, warrantless wire tapping, ubiquitous video surveillance and warrantless GPS tracking.

My father, who in his later years now believes that: "firearms should be melted down and built into a memorial for victims of gun violence" could get an 'A rating' from GOAL...A questionnaire does not speak to matters of the soul. What was Mitt Romney's Goal rating? He gets a 'B' rating from the NRA - a 'B'! AWB Mitt gets a 'B' rating and we put our faith in gun organization ratings why?

NRA = Not Relevant Anymore
Here in GA, the NRA was recently discovered scuppering several house bills being pushed by a local gun rights organization.
Once that was out in the open, many Georgians left the NRA.

Thankfully, the NRAs efforts were for naught and the bills passed. 140 years of Jim Crow laws struck down!

Drugs, ... Gangs, ... Poverty ...
I'd substitute Judicial system failure for "Poverty". There are too many poor people who are honest to use it as an reliable indicator.

Yet, there seems to be little fear among criminal elements that they'll be caught/convicted/serve long sentences. And to that that we've been adding a "CSI Effect" on juries to the mix.

I want the next Governor to bring back articles that show the "Fox Butterfield Effect".

--jcr

The three most pertinent factors in gun violence are: Drugs, which the phony war on drugs have made very profitable for both the sellers and government gearboxes who grind them up, Gangs, who are comprised of mostly inner city kids who have no socially acceptable male role models or supervision in their lives, Poverty which comes from democrats fostering generational welfare by giving "hand outs" instead of "Hands UP".

Wake up and smell the coffee Mr Baker.....if you are going to govern this state, you could at least show that you have a frigging clue as to what is really going on......you moron!!!!
Excellent point. But if you bring up these reasons for violence you will be labeled a racist. 70% of inner city black kids are born out of wedlock, with no male role models except rappers and drug dealers. I`ve always wondered how these "fathers" get away without paying child support. These "mothers" shouldn`t be allowed to collect welfare bennies until they ID the "fathers" and the govt/state goes after them to support their bastard children. I don`t care if they`re in prison. Wait for them to get out and then whack them. If we didn`t pay our child support we`d be standing before a judge.

Poverty??? Give me an f'n break. I'm really sick of people driving cars a lot newer than my '96 Crown Vic, watching cable television on their new HD sets, wearing $150 sneakers, yapping and texting on their cell phones whining about how abject poverty is forcing them into crime. I seriously doubt that one American in 10,000 has ever had the slightest encounter with real poverty. Most people who use their poverty as an excuse for their behavior have as much or more than most people who actually work for a living, except that unlike those suckers, they don't have to pay for it.

Ken

Poverty??? Give me an f'n break. I'm really sick of people driving cars a lot newer than my '96 Crown Vic, watching cable television on their new HD sets, wearing $150 sneakers, yapping and texting on their cell phones whining about how abject poverty is forcing them into crime. I seriously doubt that one American in 10,000 has ever had the slightest encounter with real poverty. Most people who use their poverty as an excuse for their behavior have as much or more than most people who actually work for a living, except that unlike those suckers, they don't have to pay for it.

Ken

I grew up in Medford, and if you wanted to see some nice cars, you'd go to the projects.

I grew up in Medford, and if you wanted to see some nice cars, you'd go to the projects.

Of course. Drug money is good money, and since you don't have to report it as income (or pay taxes on it) you can still get the taxpayers to pay for your home, food, clothes, etc. while you buy all the luxuries the working class would love to have.

I often hear from my mother (a high school teacher) about some of her "underprivliged" students. The ones who drive a brand new Mustang with expensive chrome rims, spend all day playing on their iPhone, or iPod, wear real gold or silver jewlry, a real Rolex, $500 sneakers, designer jeans and shirts and flaunt a huge wad of cash...and then go to the cafeteria to get their free lunch. Growing up, both my parents worked good jobs (teacher, sales/marketing manager), both with masters' degrees, and we never had half the luxuries that some of these "poor" kids have. Still, I considder myself fortunate that I never did have to worry about where my next meal was coming from.

Sorry to be way off the original topic.

"He cited three factors behind gun violence: cuts in local aid that he said have hurt local law enforcement, reductions in the budgets of county prosecutors, and witness and jury intimidation."

I bet Baker is just trying to play a political gambit here. He's closing a gap.

So you would have no issue with random police searches, warrantless wire tapping, ubiquitous video surveillance and warrantless GPS tracking.

no I would have no problem with them running for warrants when people show up to court to sit in on hearings. when did i suggest giving up other freedoms?

In this month's Outdoor Message from GOAL Charlie has his Top Ten List for Sportsmen & Sportswomen

I couldn't find this on-line so I am not going to type it all, which some of it's good, but here are the top three
that I have issues with...

3) I believe the "license to carry a firearm" fee in Mass is too high. It is currently $100 - which comes on top of training courses that cost at least that much. I believe that $50 would be a more reasonable and appropriate fee.

4) I do not support mandating microstamping of handguns in Mass because the current technology is unreliable. Further development of this technology is needed before manandating this into law.

5) I am willing to work with the Mass Police Chiefs to require training for new chiefs on issuing licenses. I also believe that individuals denied licenses should be provided with explicit written explanations for the denial.

I think #4 sums it up...[angry]

Last edited:
In this month's Outdoor Message from GOAL Charlie has his Top Ten List for Sportsmen & Sportswomen

I couldn't find this on-line so I am not going to type it all, which some of it's good, but here are the top three
that I have issues with...

3) I believe the "license to carry a firearm" fee in Mass is too high. It is currently $100 - which comes on top of training courses that cost at least that much. I believe that $50 would be a more reasonable and appropriate fee.

4) I do not support mandating microstamping of handguns in Mass because the current technology is unreliable. Further development of this technology is needed before manandating this into law.

5) I am willing to work with the Mass Police Chiefs to require training for new chiefs on issuing licenses. I also believe that individuals denied licenses should be provided with explicit written explanations for the denial.

I think #4 sums it up...[angry]

As if 5 is any better??? It assumes that willy nilly denials are A-OK.

Anyone who does not speak of MA gun laws with disgust doesn't get it. They are an affront to liberty... "a little misguided" doesn't cut it. They are completely backwards in their targeting of the exact people that a. won't commit crimes b. should be able to defend themselves from the real criminals...

So, I take no comfort in his words - they are empty. I doubt he will do anything positive. At this point not standing in the way would be helpful, but honestly, that's as much as I expect from Baker on 2A...

IMO on a good day Baker is going to be a mitt redux. Nothing really positive for gun owners, except he probably won't push H4102... but you never know.

The only good thing about Baker is that he's not Uhaul. Other than that he is a typical RINO POS, just like the rest of them.

-Mike

IMO on a good day Baker is going to be a mitt redux. Nothing really positive for gun owners, except he probably won't push H4102... but you never know.

The only good thing about Baker is that he's not Uhaul. Other than that he is a typical RINO POS, just like the rest of them.

-Mike
As I said, it will at least be a relief not to be going head-to-head with the governor with every safety bill, but we will still have to ram legislation and court rulings down their throat and watch carefully for crap sneaking in to unrelated bills...

Back
Top Bottom