• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bag of Ammo Found in Dorchester Trash Can

BostonVI

NES Member
Anyone missing some .38/.357?

INCIDENT #1: At about 11:30 PM on Monday, December 21, 2015, a concerned citizen walked into the District C-11 (Dorchester) Neighborhood Station with a trash bag filled with live rounds of ammunition.

The citizen stated he found the bag in a trash barrel near 17 Centervale Park and immediately brought them to the police station. Officers received the ammunition and submitted the 226 live rounds into evidence.

http://bpdnews.com/news/2015/12/22/...ounds-of-ammo-taken-off-the-streets-overnight

226 rounds. wow. they counted them. Slow night in Dorchester (ha!). Probably got thrown out cause they were dirty a$$ wadcutters and semi-wadcutters.

226 rounds. wow. they counted them. Slow night in Dorchester (ha!). Probably got thrown out cause they were dirty a$$ wadcutters and semi-wadcutters.

Yup. Reloads found in the house from the 70's. Tossed discreetly in the trash to avoid trouble. I'm sure the residents of Dorchester know better than to involve the po's

Surprised the guy carrying the bag didn't get charged with improper storage and not having a license.

Yup. Reloads found in the house from the 70's. Tossed discreetly in the trash to avoid trouble. I'm sure the residents of Dorchester know better than to involve the po's
Would have made great stocking stuffers for the neighborhood youth. Noticed a few were spent, wonder if they are now spending overtime trying to match them up somehow to a crime.

Are a bunch of those spent shells, or what? A lot of them don't seem to have a projectile.
Full wadcutters perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

At least BPD haven't closed the area and started the investigation like their British brethren

Not quite as silly as the time the closed an area when they found a replica of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (see the Book of Armaments for details on this device)

Are a bunch of those spent shells, or what? A lot of them don't seem to have a projectile.

A lot of those are also wadcutters, the bullet is pushed most or nearly all the way back into the case.

-Mike

.38 wadcutters
I have a gun that will ONLY shoot wadcutters, and reloading is the only way I know to get them. Man, I could have used those!

Wadcutters are fun, too. They make nice clean holes in the target.

Then you get to reenact shitty, poorly written crime dramas from the 60s/70s/80s.

Detective Soandso: "This isn't just any bullet, jim.... he used.... WAD CUTTERS. " while holding the cartridge in your hand and looking at it menacingly... [rofl]

-Mike

'My neighborhood was so tough, that instead of guessing how many jellybeans were in the jar and win a prize contest, we had to
guess how many bullets were in the bag'.

Back
Top Bottom