• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bag of Ammo Found in Dorchester Trash Can

Rep Points to Garandman for the new festive avatar. I really just wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit this season, but that brought holiday cheer.
Is that Mrs. Claus? No wonder he only leaves the house once a year.

ETA - Sorry to hijack the thread but Dayyum !

Well, you know they are going to print them and if the guy who tossed them didn't wipe each one down and is a permit holder he may get bagged..... like Alice's restaurant.

Well, you know they are going to print them and if the guy who tossed them didn't wipe each one down and is a permit holder he may get bagged..... like Alice's restaurant.

That was my first thought as well. Perhaps a Boston resident stocked up on the .38 wad cutters to practice for their mandatory .38 Revolver test at Moon Island. I bet these were taken in a home robbery, dubbed as useless and discarded in the trash. Stupid criminals.

Best regards.

My guess is that some nice old lady found her departed husbands ammo in a box somewhere in the house.

She inherently distrusts the popo so in the trash they went. Bet they find the gun three blocks away.

My guess is that some nice old lady found her departed husbands ammo in a box somewhere in the house.

She inherently distrusts the popo so in the trash they went. Bet they find the gun three blocks away.

You know how some neighborhoods have "community guns"... maybe this was community ammo?

I found several 10rd units of 308win, still in the plastic holders, at the corner of 114/101 in Bedford, NH when riding my bicycle a few years back. I figure somebody put their ammo on the roof when they were loading up the car, and they slid off going around the corner.

I stuffed them in my jersey pockets and rode on. There's some joke about a high power 30-speed semi-automatic bicycle but I can't figure it out.

Rep Points to Garandman for the new festive avatar. I really just wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit this season, but that brought holiday cheer.
Eva Habermann

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. That "evidence" is probably already down range.

Walmart even has 50BMG ... something Four Seasons doesn't even carry.

Sure does, and they often have hard to find calibers like 32, 380, 25, 300 whisper, 338 lapua, that you would normally only find in better stocked gun stores.

The 138 Raynham store is usually bursting at the seams at the ammo cabinet, but oddly, I find more 22 at the Rte 44 store. And lately it has been decent stuff like CCI or Federal Match. My 15-22 loves that stuff.

Waste of perfectly good ammo. ...
They will most assuredly find a new home [thinking]

Street ammo? Seems legit.

No chance any could have been reloaded with a ++P++ charge.

... Not quite as silly as the time the closed an area when they found a replica of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (see the Book of Armaments for details on this device)

0210_Chambord-Donald%20Edge.jpg

Be on the lookout.

that sucks. What a waste. i don't have a gun that can use that but i would buy one.

I know this a nearly year-old thread, but you need to take tomorrow off and get to a gun shop. Everyone must own a .357 revolver--it's a new law.

Since this thread has been resurrected... this is why i was so tempted to turn in ammo at the last gun buy back.

Dumping them in the trash, burying them in the woods, or slowly speading them over my least favorite range.. all lead to potential trouble.

Pulling them down and crushing them is alot of work and some dingbat would still pull them out of the trash and bring them to the police.

Burning them in a drum seems to be the only practical way of disposal other than the buy backs..
My local scrapyard wont accept them.

I know this a nearly year-old thread, but you need to take tomorrow off and get to a gun shop. Everyone must own a .357 revolver--it's a new law.

I didn't own one when this thread first went around, but I'm happy to report I have 2 now

Karma them?

Since this thread has been resurrected... this is why i was so tempted to turn in ammo at the last gun buy back.

Dumping them in the trash, burying them in the woods, or slowly speading them over my least favorite range.. all lead to potential trouble.

Pulling them down and crushing them is alot of work and some dingbat would still pull them out of the trash and bring them to the police.

Burning them in a drum seems to be the only practical way of disposal other than the buy backs..

Yeah, shooting them seems like a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom