Bad Sigs?

MPTC minimum passing score is 80% on "milk bottle" targets.

RGS, I'm very glad to hear that. Doesn't match my experience (3 chiefs) or that from any department around me (other than SWAT/LEC groups). I know that Boston College PD practices monthly, but they are truly unique (and have tons of money).

I'm so disgusted with the "PC" targets that I've never bothered to check the nomenclature and would certainly never buy one. I used to shoot the old B-27s all the time. I think the ones I use now are B-29 (smaller) but these are for personal practice. When I qualify with MPTC, it's the damn milk bottle!

Range varies from 3 yds to 25 yds IIRC.

milk bottle? you mean the Q targets?

And what range? 25 yards?

We used to use NRA B27 targets, but I don't know if that was required or not. As Len notes, various distances are used. IIRC, at 25 yards it was five rounds standing, five round kneeling strong hand, five hands kneeling weak hand. From there the range closed and other stances were used. At closer ranges, it was point and shoot, no sights. At 3 yards, it was fire from the hip, single hand.

Gary

My agency fires about 400 rounds per officer in training > we shoot twice per year for hand gun. One 8 hour session in the day and a 5 hour night session. We also do ar15 quals and shotgun training as well. We do not shot on the q target. we got permission from the council and shot on a varation of the q. Our target is a sillouwette with the q in the middle. We also just got airsoft weapns and are going to be doing force on force training in between Yearly quals

Back
Top Bottom