• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bad Experience, Air Gun Depot

A few weeks ago I ordered an air gun in .22 from Air Gun Depot. They sent me the correct model, but in .177 caliber. When I tried to exchange it for what I had actually ordered, they wanted me to pay for return freight, because there was "nothing wrong with the product." I had to spend several emails arguing back and forth to get them to pick up the shipping cost. When they shipped the replacement, they sent it to the wrong address. Comedy of errors. Unfortunately, this is the state of customer service today.

A few weeks ago I ordered an air gun in .22 from Air Gun Depot. They sent me the correct model, but in .177 caliber. When I tried to exchange it for what I had actually ordered, they wanted me to pay for return freight, because there was "nothing wrong with the product." I had to spend several emails arguing back and forth to get them to pick up the shipping cost. When they shipped the replacement, they sent it to the wrong address. Comedy of errors. Unfortunately, this is the state of customer service today.

Wow, as soon as I got the first, "you pay for shipping" I'd have said, "OK, I'll take it up with my credit card company, if that's easier for you."

they really don't like that, it's expensive for them in all sorts of ways.

"Yes there is. It must be out of spec because the barrel is now full of .22 cal pellets."

What can you expect from an industry where "30 day warranty" is standard and a vendor with a 45 day warranty brags that it is "industry leading" and longer than standard?

Airgun Depot and Airguns Daily are owned by the same folks

I always used these guys when I did air rifles http://www.straightshooters.com/airrifle-selections.html The Weihrauch (probably spelled wrong) rifles are great piston rifles.
Straight Shooters and Pyramyd are great.

The same parent firm owns Pyramyd Air, AirGun Depot and Air Venturi brands. See their own explanation here: http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/airgundepot-customer-support/#post-189774

What can you expect from an industry where "30 day warranty" is standard and a vendor with a 45 day warranty brags that it is "industry leading" and longer than standard?
Warranty, or return/exchange period? 30 days to return/exchange unused or "arrived defective" products does not seem unreasonable, is the same as Amazon and other mail order firms offer.

Airsoft stuff often has a 30-day warranty. For airguns, once you get above the cheapest price range, 1-year is pretty common. Several brands have a Limited Lifetime Warranty (e.g. Airforce).

Last edited:
Wow, as soon as I got the first, "you pay for shipping" I'd have said, "OK, I'll take it up with my credit card company, if that's easier for you."

they really don't like that, it's expensive for them in all sorts of ways.
Yep! Dell was giving my girlfriend the runaround once when her brand new laptop malfunctioned. She called American Express. While on the phone with them they refunded her the full amount. Five minutes later Dell called to say that they're sending out a new laptop. #winning

I have done business with them.
Only one problem.
They sent me 20k pellets in 25cal instead of 22cal.
Although solution to problem took longer than I would have liked. After a email and a few pictures they corrected the problem...
See CS only had seen the invoice and the invoice clearly said 22cal the fact they sent me 25cal just did not seem to resonate with the first 3 reps?
Finally they sent a return ship label and even paid for ups to pick it up at my house.
The CC took a pay period to show the refund.

Update: I sent them an email today to let them know that the tracking number they sent me indicates that the replacement product, which is still in transit, is headed to the wrong address. A couple hours later I got a vague notice saying that I was being issued a refund for $31 dollars; no explanation why. The air gun was $177. This transaction is bad for my blood pressure.

Ok OP what did you order? Might as well talk about the pellgun you may or may not receive[shocked]

All my air guns have come from Pyramyd Air and I've never had a problem.

This . . . .

This.

I order a target pistol with an upgraded trigger. It wasn't until 6 months later that I was familiar enough with the gun to go play with forst stage/second stage weights. When I went to adjust the allen screw it wasn't there!!??!!

They had sent me the gun with the standard trigger. I called Pyramid and despite the fact that the order was 6 months old they offered to install the kit or just ship me the parts. I opted to have them ship me the parts.

I was very pleased. Especially since the gun I had purchased was refurbished and I had picked up for about 25% off.

Don

All my air guns have come from Pyramyd Air and I've never had a problem.

Yep! Dell was giving my girlfriend the runaround once when her brand new laptop malfunctioned. She called American Express. While on the phone with them they refunded her the full amount. Five minutes later Dell called to say that they're sending out a new laptop. #winning

Working through my CC company at the first sign of resistance has been my method for years and its works 100%. That's because the CC company's first response is always to credit you the full amount while they investigate, and its also to CHARGE BACK the vendor the full amount.

Then the vendor has to prove to them why you should not be credited. In short, CC companies policies are strongly slanted towards the consumer. Take advantage of that.

On more than one occasion, I've had (usually younger, less experienced) friends complain about some run around. My first question is "did you pay with a CC?". If yes, then I tell them to contact the CC company. Its always worked out.

Which leads me to another point. Debit cards. THROW THEM AWAY!!!! I can't say it more strongly. Debit cards are Satan's spawn.

There is no reason to ever use a debit card. Why on God's earth would you spend your own money, when you can get 30 days of float with someone else's money for FREE?? All you need is the discipline to pay the card in full each month. If you are discipline challenged, then use a card with a $1000 limit and make multiple payments per month if necessary. With a debit card, if there is a fraudulent charge, you could end up with an empty bank account which affects your ability to pay all your other bills while its being sorted out. With a credit card, its not your problem. With respect to cash and ATMs. Your bank will still issue a standard ATM card. They just don't like to.

Its easy if you pay electronically. Which leads me to one more item. NEVER EVER give any business the ability to PULL money out of your bank account. I pay all of my bills electronically. But everything is done as a "Push" from my bank. There is a huge difference between paying a bill from your bank's web site or mobile app and paying a bill by allowing a vendor to pull money from your account.

Back
Top Bottom