Bad electric

Seen at a breakfast place in San Francisco yesterday AM right next to where I was sitting.

1677456676341.png

Just waiting for some ne'er-do-well to push a plug through that tape that looks conductive. Too cheap to hire an electrician to cap it off properly, and apparently not sufficiently schooled in the manly arts to cap off the wires and put on a blank plate.

Last edited:
Seen at a breakfast place in San Francisco yester day AM right next to where I was sitting.

View attachment 725926

Just waiting for some ne'er-do-well to push a plug through that tape that looks conductive. Too cheap to hire an electrician to cap it off properly, and apparently not sufficiently schooled in the manly arts to cap off the wires and put on a blank plate.
There's a halfway in there, too: called, couldn't get help in an acceptable time, and lack the skills/knowledge to do it themselves

Seen at a breakfast place in San Francisco yester day AM right next to where I was sitting.

View attachment 725926

Meanwhile an inspector is giving a tradesmen a hard time about their interpretation of something trivial to safety in some obscure section of the code (you used a stainless steel rather than a galvanized steel bushing as mandated by code, how dare you!) while letting blatant items like this go unmolested.

San fran? There is probably absolutely nothing "wrong" with that, they just don't want people plugging in laptops, tablets, and phones ordering a coffee and hogging the table for a couple of hours. Resteraunts need table churn for profit. If they can turn a table 3 times an hour for the average price of 20 bucks each that table is making gross 60 an hour.
Now have someone order a 2.00 coffee and sit for an hour while plugged in that table grossed 2.00 rather than 60 a potential loss of 58.00 then whatever the cost of juice was factor in overhead and its a net loss.

View attachment 725926

Says it doesn't work. I doubt anything would happen.

The spelling bothers me more than the tape.

San fran? There is probably absolutely nothing "wrong" with that, they just don't want people plugging in laptops, tablets, and phones ordering a coffee and hogging the table for a couple of hours. Resteraunts need table churn for profit. If they can turn a table 3 times an hour for the average price of 20 bucks each that table is making gross 60 an hour.
Now have someone order a 2.00 coffee and sit for an hour while plugged in that table grossed 2.00 rather than 60 a potential loss of 58.00 then whatever the cost of juice was factor in overhead and its a net loss.
The motivation may not have been wrong, but the implementation certainly was.

I got dragged out to SF since my wife did not want to travel alone to a board meeting of hers.

Seen at a breakfast place in San Francisco yesterday AM right next to where I was sitting.

View attachment 725926

of course there’s the non-exciting option, which is simply that the circuit is dead, and has no live power…. 😂

that tape is probably there because the person responsible for that place was sick of being asked about why the outlet doesn’t work…. 🤣

I also think it may be a passive aggressive thing though too if it’s actually dangerous for example, they could’ve taped that shit off to prevent somebody from using a cell phone charger there and lingering and sucking up a table too long as many SF moonbats often want to do….

View attachment 725926

I bet the outlet works fine. With the widespread homelessness there, it's probably an attempt to keep them from charging their phones on the restaurant's dime.

Stick a plug in it and see!

Last time I was Puerto Vallarta in Mexico I was amazed at the some the electrical "stuff" hanging on the side of buildings and on poles. Made me seriously think about what it would be like to live in a 3rd. world place like that. Also surprised at large chunks of that region without electrical service, running water and functioning plumbing.

Last time I was Puerto Vallarta in Mexico I was amazed at the some the electrical "stuff" hanging on the side of buildings and on poles. Made me seriously think about what it would be like to live in a 3rd. world place like that. Also surprised at large chunks of that region without electrical service, running water and functioning plumbing.
20190211_164815.jpgwalking on the sidewalk in Playa del Carmen

wtf-is-that-confused.gif

Back
Top Bottom