Bad day at the range with the 357

Have you had an answer yet from Ruger? As Ruger fan I am eager to learn what the result has been regarding your Kaboom?

I had a very early GP100 barrel crack in a similar manner. I could not hit paper at 7 yards. Barrel was cracked on right side. Remaining metal acted as a hinge and the gun shot wayyyyyyyyyy left. Finally saw the dirt kick up and investigated to find the barrel cracked right at the frame .

Yup, Ruger replaced it. Brand new GP100 3". Got it in about 2 weeks.

Ruger called me this morning. It’s not in my hand yet so I’m careful with my comments but all I will say as if right now is Ruger is awesome. They have a stand up customer service policy. I suppose I could have negotiated a bit, but I’m not trying to put them out of business, just put a substitute in my hands.
Friends flash burn is all better, no worse for wear. Still wants to shoot again so far...we will see about the wife!

I'm reading through the commentary here and it's hilarious. People that have zero experience with Ruger making broad and incorrect generalizations, folks who have no idea that a .38 special revolver can't take a .357 mag cartridge, the assumption that a 1970-1980 Ruger revolver had MIM parts, etc. It's pretty clear some of you boys have never touched a revolver before and definitely never shot a Six series. The real fail here is all the diarrhea of the keyboard.

Glad to hear you got it all straightened out. Good on Ruger for stepping up, regardless of the cause they stepped up.

Wow, that's not good.

I just stumbled onto this video of another unhappy S&W customer:

I got my first 686 SSR used for $600, and it was canted. The recessed target crown was also rough (burrs). Sent it back for the crown and also told them about the cant. They fixed it. I don't know what they did to fix the cant, but it's gone, and it's a great gun now. Similar thing happened with my oldest son's 64. Slightly canted. Can't tolerate that with fixed sights. They fixed it. Great gun now. I don't mean just OK, I mean great. I think any misapprehension that S&W is so much better than Ruger out of the box is just wishful thinking by people who want to think that. In general you have to be willing to follow up with these manufacturers, make them fix things, or else I don't like the odds.

Back
Top Bottom