• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BAD, BAD Gun Owner!!!!

I hate tough guys who are a$$holes to other people, and I especially hate them when they have NRA stickers on their vehicles, because they make people think the worst about all of us lawful gun owners.

On Saturday, December 12, 2009, at about 3:30 P.M. I pulled off the Mass Pike in Natick for a coffee break while heading east. I stopped at the Dunkin' Donuts on Rte. 30, right off the exit. I bought my Turbo and got into my vehicle to head east again.

Before I turned the ignition a big, grey, GMC Sierra pulled into the Handicap Space next to me. There was no handicap placard on the rear view mirror, and the driver didn't put one up, either, before he marched his fat a$$ into Dunkin' Donuts.

IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO PARK IN A HANDICAP SPOT AND IT REALLY TICKS ME OFF TO SEE ABLE-BODIED FAT GUYS USING THOSE SPACES ILLEGALLY.

The fine's steep, and I only wish the cops had been around to ticket. This guy was middle-aged, white, and fat. His truck had a black tonneau cover on his grey GMC Sierra, an NRA sticker on the back window, two Patriots decals on the back gate of the truck, and a small sticker that said, "Terrorist Hunter" or something like that on the left side of the rear bumper.

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, his Massachusetts license plate number was: 924 TSX.

So if he's got an NRA sticker, he may post here, and if so, I hope he sees this and knows that he's a FIRST-CLASS SCUMBAG for parking his fat a$$ in a handicap spot when so many other places were available.

[angry2]

As somebody who used a HC placard after my surgery, it burns me up when I see it and make an effort to speak to the person. I returned mine after I was able to walk 100' without assistance.

Isn't being fat and ignorant a bonafide disability? He could prolly get a tag.

I think that depends on who you ask, I'm about 40 lbs heavier then I should be and I purposely park as far from the door as possible. The "fat people" spots should be at the back of the lot, the "I'm a dying old man/woman" spots should be front and center, but again, that's just an opinion.

He wasn't that fat at all. He was fat enough that no non-inflatable female would ever want to have a thing to do with him, but not fat enough to be deemed disabled.

I really hope he comes on here. If he wants to be a rude pig that's fine, but scrape the NRA sticker off the truck window before doing so, for cripe's sake.

He wasn't that fat at all. He was fat enough that no non-inflatable female would ever want to have a thing to do with him, but not fat enough to be deemed disabled.

I really hope he comes on here. If he wants to be a rude pig that's fine, but scrape the NRA sticker off the truck window before doing so, for cripe's sake.

Since when is being a good guy and a gentleman a prerequisite to joining the NRA?

As somebody who used a HC placard after my surgery, it burns me up when I see it and make an effort to speak to the person. I returned mine after I was able to walk 100' without assistance.

I couldn't agree more. A couple of years ago I had to have surgery on my foot. I was on crutches for a couple of months.

During that time I needed to go up to the firearms licensing group in Middletown, CT to pick up my Pistol Permit (The printer had been down the first time I went to get it, so I was just picking it up that day). I get to the DPS building and there is a cruiser sitting in the only handicapped space available. So I pulled in behind him TIGHT and blocked him in.

I was there for about 10 minutes. When I came hobbling out he was mid way through writing me a citation. He saw my crutches and stuck his chest out in a way that LEOs seem to do whenever they think they are about to be challenged.

I asked him a very simple question. "Do you really want to push this?" I can have 20 LEO witnesses out here in 10 seconds if you'd like".

He put his pad away and said something about official business. I got in my car and went home, with a little smirk on my face.

Don

Since when is being a good guy and a gentleman a prerequisite to joining the NRA?

Its not. But its our job to change people's misconceptions. If you put a NRA sticker on your car, you become an ambassador for all gun owners to all non gun owners.

Whether you like it or not, you do.

Its not. But its our job to change people's misconceptions. If you put a NRA sticker on your car, you become an ambassador for all gun owners to all non gun owners.

I understand, and agree to a point...but everyone who is pro 2A isn't a "good guy" .... A$$holes like guns too.

Much more entertaining to post something like this on masscops.com. Just sayin'. Maybe you should carry some spare NAMBLA stickers for such folks.

Isn't being fat and ignorant a bonafide disability? He could prolly get a tag.
It's not hard to get a placard: getting HC plates is something else again.

In South Boston for some reason, otherwise able-bodied males think it's OK to falsify handicap status to get their "own" parking space. If you think someone is doing this you can report it to the RMV and the city. If the city determines shenanigans, to their credit a truck with a Sawzall is out within a week and they remove the signs. We're two for three.[wink]

Last edited:
Perhaps the guy just forgot to put his HC placard up or something! Maybe he really is handicapped in some manner. Could be anything given the description as well as exactly as stated.

I wish some people would be just as passionate when they elect politicians in this state!

Handicap parking is just like welfare, half the folks using it don't really need it. I'm not defending the asshat that parked illegally, just saying I understand some folks frustration with the system.

Ever notice how Walmarts have like 5000 HP parking spots?

Same thing with BJs. Maybe TWO of them are ever in use at once. 6 or 7 or whatever they have is absurd.

I don't have a problem with the HP system, but I think the allocation of spaces is pretty crappy. I've -never- seen a place like that where all the HP spots were used up at once.

-Mike

That's like saying because complete scumbags are humans they are like ambasadors for our entire race. I think it's simpler to accept there are just good people, and jacka$$es out there. Some enjoy the same activities, and all enjoy the same rights.

What about mental handicaps?

What's the NH law for handicap spaces? I know in MA there needs to be a sign 42" above the spot to be a legal HC spot or something like that. The other day someone tried saying something to me for parking in a spot that had a severely faded HC painting and no sign. You couldn't see the painting unless you were standing outside your vehicle.

What about mental handicaps?

What's the NH law for handicap spaces? I know in MA there needs to be a sign 42" above the spot to be a legal HC spot or something like that. The other day someone tried saying something to me for parking in a spot that had a severely faded HC painting and no sign. You couldn't see the painting unless you were standing outside your vehicle.

If someone has too much of a mental handicap to handle parking on the far side of a lot, they SHOULD NOT be driving!

Perhaps the guy just forgot to put his HC placard up or something! Maybe he really is handicapped in some manner. Could be anything given the description as well as exactly as stated...

My first thought exactly, sure he could be an A-hole who parked in the handicap spot. He just as easily could have had any of a number of non obvious handicaps and forgot to put his placard on his mirror...

PS. I have very low tolerance for mis-use of handicap spots/placards. As a LEO I have cited many for parking improperly in the spots, as well as cited and seized placards being misused/etc.

PPS. A-holes are A-holes regardless of what organizations they belong to...

If someone has too much of a mental handicap to handle parking on the far side of a lot, they SHOULD NOT be driving!

That was my thought too, but unfortunately there are plenty of people out there without the mental faculties to be driving. Many of them mistake the brake for the gas and plow into retail store fronts, cops, kids in crosswalks....

Handicap parking is just like welfare, half the folks using it don't really need it.

That's for sure.
I see more fakers than real handicapped parkers.
Just because grandma has a placard, that dosen't automatically give the whole family carte blanche to park in HP spaces, but they abuse it all the time.
I saw a car with a placard parked in an HP spot, in a metered public lot, for nearly two months. It never moved an inch and it never got ticketed by the metermaids. One day I saw the metermaid pull into the lot and I had a short conversation with her. The plates were expired, so was the inspection sticker and the HP placard itself! Basically the car was abandoned there, hogging the most desireable HP spot, because that was the ONE space in that whole lot that didn't have a parking meter. The car was towed by the city an hour later, never saw it again.

Back
Top Bottom