• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Background checks for ammo in California

When I moved back to MA after 25 years in CA I thought I was just moving from the pan to the fire and back into the pan. 7 years ago the 2 states' gun laws were different but about equally bad. CA has made going full retard an art form.

More infringement , perfect
when is enough enough?
are there background checks for large amounts of fertilizer? how about pressure cookers?
The country wants to go backwards or so it seems, WTF

I managed a gun store in LA in 1992 and as I recall, within LA county there was a ban on the sale of ammunition each year during the week leading up to cinco de mayo. That was the county's way of trying to stop the 'locals' from firing into the air. During that particular year however, the LA riots started in mid-April and went on right through cinco do mayo so there was gunfire all over the place.

it's no different than you needing an LTC to buy ammo. Only California isn't charging $100 for the "privilege"

Fee: $167 to $187. Breakdown --$80 to $100 application fee to local jurisdiction, $38 for state Firearm Eligibility application, $32 state Department of Justice fingerprint processing fee and $17 FBI fingerprint processing fee. Duration: Two years. Renewal: $100 to $250, depending on where you are and who you talk to. Does not include required training courses or other requirements imposed by various jurisdictions (such as psychological testing), which the Calguns Foundation says could cost up to $300 more in some jurisdictions.

Massachusetts is bad at $100 for 6 years, but California is far worse. Here's the website where you can check all the states:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gu...oes-it-cost-own-firearm-state-state-breakdown

I managed a gun store in LA in 1992 and as I recall, within LA county there was a ban on the sale of ammunition each year during the week leading up to cinco de mayo. That was the county's way of trying to stop the 'locals' from firing into the air. During that particular year however, the LA riots started in mid-April and went on right through cinco do mayo so there was gunfire all over the place.
Back in the 1980s they had a law where buying ammo that could be used in a handgun(including .22) required showing I.D. and signing your name. I'm sure that saved 1,000s of lives [rolleyes]

Makes perfect sense .
It would have stopped Sandy hook.. um nope.
Ok then, the Colorado movie theater.... well ok not that one.
I know, San Bernadino ... hmmm guess not.
Ok ok I got it Orlando... Shit , not that one either.
Well dammit pass it anyway , guns suck.

I always figured if I lived in a place that decided to make it a hassle to buy ammo (background check, etc.) I would just start buying less frequently, but in larger quantities. No more box or two for the range trip this weekend... nope, now it would be 1000+ at a time. Each time. Every time.

When someone decided that this looked odd and wanted to ask me about it, I would just say that is is such as hassle to jump through all the hoops that I now buy more than I need and in bulk. So instead of there being a few boxes of ammo at my house when it is broken into, it is the full legal limit.

Back
Top Bottom