• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Background Check

From what I've read about NJPs, they're not going to be treated as criminal issues.

That said, if I were going to be doing something that could result in anything from a bunch of annoyance up to a lifetime disqualifier - applying for any firearms license in this state - then I'd ask for some real legal knowledge if I were unclear in the least. I hate to be the "call a lawyer" guy, but it's likely that this question could be answered by an attorney specializing in the area during an initial consult.

From what I've read about NJPs, they're not going to be treated as criminal issues.

That said, if I were going to be doing something that could result in anything from a bunch of annoyance up to a lifetime disqualifier - applying for any firearms license in this state - then I'd ask for some real legal knowledge if I were unclear in the least. I hate to be the "call a lawyer" guy, but it's likely that this question could be answered by an attorney specializing in the area during an initial consult.

This.

IANAL, but I've got more experience than I'd like as a PIO and IO - my own fault because I've always taken the PIO thing quite seriously and done my homework and made damn sure of every word I write and every recommendation I've made.

That said, no need to even go that far into it. What does "NJP" stand for?

There you go...

IANAL, but I've got more experience than I'd like as a PIO and IO - my own fault because I've always taken the PIO thing quite seriously and done my homework and made damn sure of every word I write and every recommendation I've made.

That said, no need to even go that far into it. What does "NJP" stand for?

There you go...

Non-judicial punishment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A non-judicial punishment (NJP) in the United States Armed Forces is a form of military justice authorized by Article 15 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Non-judicial punishment or "NJP" permits commanders to administratively discipline troops without a court-martial. Punishment can range from reprimand to reduction in rank, correctional custody (aboard ships only), loss of pay, extra duty, and/or restrictions. The receipt of non-judicial punishment does not constitute a criminal conviction (it's equivalent to a civil action), but is often placed in the service record of the individual. The process for non-judicial punishment is governed by Part V of the Manual for Courts-Martial and by each service branch's regulations."

Appreciate the long explanation (not being sarcastic), but like I said, no need to go that far into it. It's an administrative action.

An administrative action.

Non-judicial.

Non-judicial

Administrative action

Non-judicial

Administrative

Non-judicial

Back
Top Bottom