• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BACK DOOR GUN REGISTRATION SB-2099

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouter-rick

Training Counselor
NES Member
I searched on the Bill number to see if this was a dupe....my apologies if it is.

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

The bill was introduced on Feb. 24th and will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law.. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all..

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage

You can find it by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this to every gun owner you know to help STOP this bill.

It's more than a dupe here.

It also was a bill filed (and died) in 2000.

Check it out on Snopes.com for yourself.

Ancient history here folks. But stay vigilant.

Could it be a re-introduce? They ARE looking for money. Scouter - did you check Thomas (the web site)?

Lynne, it would never have the same bill number (number are issued during each legislative session sequentially, as filed). So this Email that is flying around the Internet is "old hat". Doesn't mean a new attempt may not happen, just that contacting legistraitors on SB-2099 will only lead to confusion and discredit to those asking legistraitors to do something on the wrong bill number.

Lynne, it would never have the same bill number (number are issued during each legislative session sequentially, as filed). So this Email that is flying around the Internet is "old hat". Doesn't mean a new attempt may not happen, just that contacting legistraitors on SB-2099 will only lead to confusion and discredit to those asking legistraitors to do something on the wrong bill number.

Gotcha - I didn't have time to check the snopes. We done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom