• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Back Door Gun Control

Garys

NES Member
"The drugs are coming north, we're sending funds and guns south," he said. "As a consequence, these cartels have gained extraordinary power. Our expectation is to have a comprehensive policy in place in the next few months."

Obama: Troop move to Mexican border under consideration

"It's for the Mexican children" no doubt.

This bears close watching.

Well this might be the first thing I would agree with OB on. Our Police and Border Patrol is no match for these folks. Should have been done years ago!! I just hope if we do this, we actually give these guys bullets and orders to shoot.

'bout time someone secured the border. I'd hate like hell to be one of the soldiers on that duty though - can you imagine the f-ed up ROE they're going to be getting?[rolleyes]

We'll be in a short shooting war with Mexico in the near future.

On what do you base this?

The current president has been taking the war to the cartels and is the first President of Mexico to do so. He's sent the army into Juarez, etc. etc.

We won't be at war with Mexico. That's frankly absurd. This reminds me more of Columbia than anything else.

If I were the Mexican government I'd be screaming for the U.S. to legalize a lot of drugs, which would drastically reduce the cash available to the cartels. But back here in reality, no doubt we'll secure our borders (both ways) a little more securely for the moment and give a lot of surveillance and other assistance to the GoM.

War with Mexico? [rofl]

This is round 2 of NG troops at the Border. Only now , instead of Governor , Napolitano is Head of DHS. It'll be the same shit : NG troops without ammo , under orders to retreat if confronted , just here to do "support" ....

I call Bullshit on the whole thing.

Its too bad we cant defend our borders like every other country does. I can think of a few places through out the world where youll be shot for just crossing the border, not to mention being armed and smuggling. We need to treat our border like many other countries and secure it. The violence is spilling over the border and now normal citizens and being hurt. Hopefully this time the guys that get sent down there are set up for success.

Seems ironic to me that the liberals had a HUGE issue with the minuteman project securing our borders yet they have a similar goal in mind now. So is it only racist, and ignorant when republicans push for it?

On what do you base this?

The fact that the Mexican government has been unable to win at all, police and politicians in the area are being murdered with impunity, that the cartels have hired the soldiers from the Mexican Army, the ones trained and equipped by the US. That the Pentagon is saying that Pakistan and Mexico are the two nations most at risk for becoming "failed states". And of course the fact that you don't think it will happen.

Eventually, there will be an incursion by fighters wearing Mexican Army uniforms. Whether they are in fact Mexican soldiers will be pretty much irrelevant. There will be an armed reaction by US forces, not on the least part because President Obama, desperate not to been seen as weak or irrelevant will do what Clinton did.

Drug wars Drug wars Drug wars. Why don't Americans just stop using illegal drugs? This would end the cartels and all the blood shed on the border and thru out Central and South America!!

Back
Top Bottom