• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Back Door again

Qsye.gif

Back on topic-

Mental wellness questions have been part of health screenings for a while. Not uncommon questions during an annual physical and I have heard them during wellness program 'check ups'. My answers are always, "Current stress level is XYZ but I'm able to manage it to what I consider a good quality of life. Next question?" IMHO drugs are the last alternative but if nothing else is working, I'm not gonna say I'd never go that route. Never needed that type of meds, but if I and my PCP think they are a good idea- I am not against trying something. Personally, I ignore both extremes: A) there's a drug for everything, and B) all drugs are bad, bad, bad!!!

I went to the doc yesterday. First time in about 18 months. They handed me this PAG (?) questionaire. It was about anxiety and depression and stuff. There were 3 sections. The highest I got on any 1 section was a 2. I have massive muscle "spasms" in my face causing clenching that's been going on for years. Finally figured out that "hey, maybe muscle relaxers can help." (Don't get me started on how many dentists and doctors have ignored this complaint for years). So in order to get muscle relaxers I had to go to the doc. She asked "so you have some anxiety?" Yeah! I wake up with freaking headaches and I've been eating nothing but soft foods for weeks. And I am living in a work zone in the skoolie.
I just laughed it off. She ignored it as well after that. No gun questions. This is TX. They probably assume we all have guns.

I’m just curious how many people here have a annual physical? I guess that’s a common thing to do.
If I were to go to the doctor and when I go to the dentist. I just write my name address and phone number and hand back to Five pages they expect me to fill out blank.

I’m just curious how many people here have a annual physical? I guess that’s a common thing to do.
If I were to go to the doctor and when I go to the dentist. I just write my name address and phone number and hand back to Five pages they expect me to fill out blank.
About 8 years since I've gone. Asswipe got pissed when I refused to go on Lipitor, HDL is 80 (39+ is recommended), I pointed out this would likely cause it to go lower, and he says "yeah, but I want you to go on it anyway".

About 8 years since I've gone. Asswipe got pissed when I refused to go on Lipitor, HDL is 80 (39+ is recommended), I pointed out this would likely cause it to go lower, and he says "yeah, but I want you to go on it anyway".
I’m not telling people not to go to the hospital. But when you go down there it’s just such a crock of shit it’s unbelievable. I can’t imagine how bad it is now.

f***ed up thing is you think you would just drop dead but it doesn’t work that way. There’s lotta suffering going on before that.

Our healthcare system is such a joke and I think they’re doing it on purpose. Once we get full socialized medicine it’s gonna be just a disgrace.

Youd better off just rubbing some dirt on it.

It’s a real shitty situation when you feel helpless ask for help and your not going to get it…. That’s why I just don’t go.

How is your anxiety level today? Go f*** yourself

You’re a goddamn adult and this is what they ask you? Just look at my goddamn face

FFEDF179-66DC-4FF0-B8A3-25AE92EDE57B.jpeg

1663968631982.jpeg
How is your anxiety level? you start asking yourself is this ever going to get better. 11 months baby, tomorrow I’m getting up and going to f***ing warpath no more excuses.. I won’t be Carrying anything. Killdozer is almost complete

They hand out all this bullshit medication for your “feelings” Jesus Christ Some narcotics would have been nice. But even then it’s just supposed to hurt and what good is a bunch of pills do for you anyway.

Anxiety disorder is a real thing. Some people say they feel physical effects from it as if they are having a heart attack. Other have trouble sleeping, dealing with things, etc.

Yeah benzos are addictive, but so is insulin. Why does nobody give diabetics shit for needing a drug every day? How about people on blood thinners. junkies, right?

Just because a drug can cause a physical dependence doesn’t mean it has no value. If people live a better life by taking a pill every day, I see no problem with it.

It’s also kind of funny how all of you guys support 100% drug legalization, yet slam physicians for prescribing drugs because they may cause dependence.

A doctor prescribes a potentially addictive drug for a legit reason = bad

A guy walking into 7-11 and buying a bag of heroin = good?

In all seriousness.. Do yourself a favor and go to the hospital get your antipsychotic/anti anxiety/ opiod pills. Let a bunch of children play erector-set with you.. Then you’ll be on antibiotics for the infection And need another surgery.

Then make sure you get all your Covid shots and booster. I’d rather die in a ditch.

Anxiety disorder is a real thing. Some people say they feel physical effects from it as if they are having a heart attack. Other have trouble sleeping, dealing with things, etc.

Yeah benzos are addictive, but so is insulin. Why does nobody give diabetics shit for needing a drug every day? How about people on blood thinners. junkies, right?

Just because a drug can cause a physical dependence doesn’t mean it has no value. If people live a better life by taking a pill every day, I see no problem with it.
Your not wrong.. I also see no problem with it.
I’m saving drugs for my 60s.. I must watch 150 people a day who take a lot of Prescription drugs.. It’s the only way they’re walking and functional.

The problem comes when they start giving it to children.

Think of the soldiers in the colonial and civil wars......ragtag groups who had nothing, barely any clothes in the middle of winter, and food, yet they still fought. We are such a spineless bunch of pussies compared to those people its not even funny.
Those guys were cooking and eating their shoes.
#GreatestGeneration

It’s also kind of funny how all of you guys support 100% drug legalization, yet slam physicians for prescribing drugs because they may cause dependence.

I'm not for ANY drug legalization.........but your right that's probably rare. I take no pills, smoke nothing, and drink very little, lately almost never. No scripts, and minimize any Ibuprofen or OTC medicine. I see value in prescribed drugs but believe they are over prescribed in a lot of cases. There are drugs people who are naturally deficient in whatever body chemistry and cannot live without meds. I get it.

Honestly I could care less about drugs if people that did them took 100% responsibility for their actions.

Meaning, you want to do Heroin.....don't expect me to pay for narcan, you die...oh well.

You want to burn out on pot.......don't expect some SSDI bullshit for it.....live in a gutter.

You hit someone on drugs or drunk driving.....you face the same fate your victim does.

Keep your gross pot smoke to yourself and stop smoking while driving.

Back
Top Bottom