BA50 Rifle or MAC10?

Which one would you prefer?

• Bushmaster BA50 Rifle

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • MAC 10

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
So... Some expendable cash and a quandary since the last Bushmaster Catalog that came in the mail today...
This is for a long-term collection, keeping in mind the appreciating value as the years go by...

BCW3M-22-50BMGLW-350.jpg

OR:

1421macb.jpg

Last edited:
If the Mac-10 is good enough for Chuck Norris(as in Invasion USA, I think), it HAS to be good enough for me![laugh]

After all, Chuck Norris can get a head shot EVERY time from well over a thousand yards with HIS Mac-10's!

Do you reload your ammo? The price of .50 ammo is crazy expensive. IMO MAC's are stupid in semi. Unless you have a full auto MAC (they are wicked cool) they are to damn impractical to do anything with. They are not target guns and you can't really CCW with one. The only use I see for the MAC is to get dirty liberal looks, and that just might make up for the other two negatives.

Do you reload your ammo? The price of .50 ammo is crazy expensive. IMO MAC's are stupid in semi. Unless you have a full auto MAC (they are wicked cool) they are to damn impractical to do anything with. They are not target guns and you can't really CCW with one. The only use I see for the MAC is to get dirty liberal looks, and that just might make up for the other two negatives.

I am looking at a full auto MAC 10. IMO, the price of NFA arms are going to go up in the next few years, and this is really the last "entry level" machine gun left, besides a Stein or an UZI. But, for the UZI you are looking at another $4,000 - $5,000, and at that point you mine as well go for the AK-47 or the HK MP5 [crying]

And, no, I do not reload... [sad]

Just remember the Mac 10 is a bullet hose 1200 per minute. That will put your ammo budget in a deficit. Even at the 50 cal prices the 50 bmg will be cheaper to shoot. However the Mac is cooler, a real ghetto blaster.

The Mac-10 has come a long way since my days of ownership. There are a variety of uppers on the market that can transform it into a modular and unique weapon. If you decide to reload, go for the .50BMG, but I'd go for a more proven platform...

Remember that the MAC is best fired with a suppressor. If you can't have a real one, you could use a fake one. You really need something up front to hang onto to have some control over the beast. If you have not fired MACs, you should arrange to do so before you invest. Also, you might consider a Reising. Jack.

Remember that the MAC is best fired with a suppressor. If you can't have a real one, you could use a fake one. You really need something up front to hang onto to have some control over the beast. If you have not fired MACs, you should arrange to do so before you invest. Also, you might consider a Reising. Jack.

Good point. The closest I ever came to shooting myself was the very first mag dump on the very first day of my very first Mac-10. Technique is everything and at 21, I had none...[wink] The canvas barrel strap was not enough to keep my hand from swinging in front of the barrel - the concussion and heat from the muzzle had me thinking I had blown my hand off...I did not make that mistake again... [shocked]

Good point. The closest I ever came to shooting myself was the very first mag dump on the very first day of my very first Mac-10. Technique is everything and at 21, I had none...[wink] The canvas barrel strap was not enough to keep my hand from swinging in front of the barrel - the concussion and heat from the muzzle had me thinking I had blown my hand off...I did not make that mistake again... [shocked]

WOW. I have never fired one myself, so this is all good news to me. So, in MA, were you cannot own a suppressor, have you heard of anyone taking heat for having a barrel extension (especially on a MAC 10)? [thinking]

Seems VERY reasonable, and a worthwhile investment:
http://www.firingpin.com/suppress-merch1.htm

WOW. I have never fired one myself, so this is all good news to me. So, in MA, were you cannot own a suppressor, have you heard of anyone taking heat for having a barrel extension (especially on a MAC 10)? [thinking]

Seems VERY reasonable, and a worthwhile investment:
http://www.firingpin.com/suppress-merch1.htm

I don't think you'll take any heat for an extension. I lived in Ohio when I owned mine and bought a suppressor. When I wasn't using it, I developed the skills to keep my hand out of the way, but it still made me a bit nervous. I loved my Mac-10's (I bought more than one). I wish I had at least one back. This will make you cry...I bought my first one in 1986 for $300.00 and thought I was a genius for selling it in the 90's for a grand. Now? [crying]

Quick Question: If I do go through with the MAC-10, who in MA are Class 3 NFA dealers?

Back
Top Bottom