B&D Reloaders - Latest from Boston

Welcome to the Republik of Meninostan. Sorry to hear about B&D, I used to shop there often, many years ago when I lived in Newton. It was only a 15 minute drive and they were open til 10:00 pm. IMHO, it was an ultra low profile, almost stealthy operation. Located on the second floor of an office building right next door to the Area E Station in Cleary Square. The name on the door reads "Hyde Park Pet Supply" and it was hard to find if you didn't know exactly where it was. I remember getting reloads there back before I started to roll my own, and they were always good for bulk components. The gun selection was a bit slim, but the people were always very friendly and helpful. Although I haven't been into the store in years, I have made purchases from these guys at the gun shows since then.

+1 Ill rub one out with sandpaper before giving NET another penny.

Way too much info.

Yes been to NET twice North East Trading.

Not even close to 4 Seasons and no reloads on the shelf.

Prove it hand guns and counter to the left. Targets center isle, fishing in center, long guns on right wall and ammo on the back wall.

I'm not going to be buying from NET either, but they have plenty of handguns and usually have a bunch of EBRs in stock, with plenty of reloading supplies and reloaded ammo. FS IS better in every respect, but I don't believe your statements regarding NET are factually correct.

I've never even heard of this place, but there are a few local alternatives that still sell over the counter. Roach's in Cambridge, and two places in Waltham.

the Truth is in the outdoor message. His state Licence had expired and he was never notified.he applied after finding out that it was and now the city of boston has denied him and is charging him with unlawful sales . 1/3 of his patrons are BPD and the city has chosen to drop charges where BPD personal are involved.

i hate this commie state

Well I spoke to them today. As we know mumbles Menino used his influence to block their state license. Now they have lost their FFL. All guns ad gun parts are being sent to M&M reloaders in NH. Menino has won. Boston is sooo much safer tonight that there are no longer any gun shops in Boston

B&D Reloaders to close

I was at B&D Reloaders yesterday and Don told me that he lost his court case and has been ordered closed in 60 days. He has 30 days to file an appeal in which case he could remain open until the case is settled. He hasn't decided yet whether or not to appeal. The stock from the store will be moved up to M&M Reloads in NH. I've been patronizing B&D for the last 30 years and I've always been treated well there. It's always sad to see any gun store close. This is the last one in Boston and it has been on Menino's hit list for some time.

Apparently The state did not notify B&D that their license was due to expire. The license expired and unknowingly, B&D kept selling guns. Once they realized it they applied for the renewal but Menino had them charged with selling guns without a license. And the state would not renew their license.

Must be why he in 2008 agreed to an open ended layaway on 3 rifles he had advertised on GunsAmerica, then when it neared payoff in 2009 he announced that the seller had picked up a rifle, but he just hadn't told me.

Then he said on Feb 28 2009, he'd mailed off a full refund, then more than a week later said that it didn't make any difference to him if I received the refund, because he had bought a Postal Money Order, but he'd have to look for his receipt,

And I was never to call him again about the hundreds of dollars he has of mine. Oh and he says he's an ex-cop 'constable,' etc., etc.

Does this outfit have an FFL? The internet sales division of B & D Reloaders claims in email to have an FFL but his GunsAmerica ads say he does not have an FFL.

If your talking about B&D they are gone to history,and last I heard Don the owner had passed away.
They were two brothers who ran the place, Don was a retired postal worker,and a constable.His
brother also had a gun store in NH. Now their story is one people should read on how a commie Government
like Boston can f^*k up an honest business mans life

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom