• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

B&D Reloaders - Latest from Boston

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
B&D Reloaders has been in Hyde Park (next to Boston PD) for more years than I've been shooting.

Sadly, I learned yesterday at the Holbrook Gun Show that Boston (mumbles menino) has SHUT DOWN ALL GUN AND AMMO SALES in the City of Boston!

The owner of B&D Reloaders told me that since February 2007, he is prohibited from selling any guns or ammo and no dealers are allowed to operate in any part of the City of Boston.

I asked him why he didn't move a few miles to another town and his answer was that at age 7x he had no desire to move the business.

He's still there selling accessories/supplies however.

----------

Leaves me to wonder when they will build the wall around the city and strip search anyone entering for "contraband" (guns, knives, etc.) . . . unless they are a gang-banger (free pass).

Just curious, did he say what "rules" are being used do this?

Every "state license" to sell guns and ammo is issued by the local police chief/police commissioner. Just like LTCs, it is not mandatory that a chief/commissioner issue any license at all!

Mumbles gives the orders and Davis' job is to say "yes mass'r" and jump as high as his Master orders him to.

That should explain it.

All I'll say is, I had a gun stolen there while it was on consignment.

Last edited:
Interesting,so the Mayor has denied a person the ability to provide for himself and took it upon himself to deny the city of much needed money(sales/property taxes etc.) all in the name of his personal beliefs.

Seems to me a good lawyer can tear this up without even mentioning what he is selling,just the fact the Mayor is constricting the flow of tax dollars into his city because of personal beliefs.Unless the guy had some violations,I think there is A LOT more to the story as Bugs said.

The .gov loves tax dollars more than they hate guns.

Want a machine gun ? We hate 'em,but for $200 it's cool.
Want a SBR ? We hate them,but for $200 it's cool

Silencer ? $200
SB shotgun ? $20.00 (?)

f***ing pathetic.

Last edited:
I recall reading about some major theft from B&D, but I don't know any details.

Not sure if that is what set them off or not.

Don't know if Boston Uniform is still selling guns/ammo any more, which if they are might say something more is involved here. Boston Uniform had its problems too a few years ago and management changed I understand.

The .gov loves tax dollars more than they hate guns.

Want a machine gun ? We hate 'em,but for $200 it's cool.
Want a SBR ? We hate them,but for $200 it's cool

Silencer ? $200
SB shotgun ? $20.00 (?)

They don't now, since $200 won't get permission to make a new full auto. Also, the $200 tax was never intended as a revenue scheme, but a way to ban certain types of weapons back when "everyone knew the 2nd amendment precluded a ban." I believe $200 would actually buy a new car back when NFA34 was passed.

ps: It's $5, not $20, for a short bbl shotgun

They don't now, since $200 won't get permission to make a new full auto. Also, the $200 tax was never intended as a revenue scheme, but a way to ban certain types of weapons back when "everyone knew the 2nd amendment precluded a ban." I believe $200 would actually buy a new car back when NFA34 was passed.

ps: It's $5, not $20, for a short bbl shotgun

NFA registration/making tax is $200 for all types of registerable items, and the transfer tax is also $200 for all items except AOWs (Any Other Weapon) where it is $5. This was done back in '34 cause, at the time, all the AOWs where "less evil" then the other types of NFA items.

$200 was the approximate price of a Tommy gun in 1934, thus doubling the cost. This effectively made it impossible for anybody but the richest people to obtain such an evil gun... Everyone knew a ban wouldn't fly and in fact one was proposed, but taxing it to death? No problem!

--EasyD

I recall reading about some major theft from B&D, but I don't know any details.

Not sure if that is what set them off or not.

Don't know if Boston Uniform is still selling guns/ammo any more, which if they are might say something more is involved here. Boston Uniform had its problems too a few years ago and management changed I understand.

I bought a G19 from them last year at a Marlborough show. At the time he told me he was the last of the Boston gun dealers. Good people to deal with and the price was right.

use to go with my Dad to B & D

I will miss it, the only thing close now is Dicks or BASS the walmarts of gun stores. You can get anything you want as long as it is what they have in stock.

I will miss it, the only thing close now is Dicks or BASS the walmarts of gun stores. You can get anything you want as long as it is what they have in stock.

Well, NET is maybe 10 minutes past BPS; AFS less than 10 minutes from NET. Hardly a major pilgrimage and certainly better than being limited to the marginal offerings from that certain supply store in Dedham.

Net is OK but more hunter / fishing orientated, I do not know the other.

Midway is good but no shippy ammo or anything to do with ammo into the state. YAAA MA.

The best by far I have seen in the state is 4 Seasons.

A bit of a ride, I do my dirty close to home then take the pilgrimage and restock.

Net is OK but more hunter / fishing orientated [sic], I do not know the other.

Have you ever actually BEEN there? I always find a fair selection of powder, primers and cast pistol bullets, as well as rifle bullets and MTM boxes for your reloads. NET is also a Dillon dealer. And Dedham is much closer to North Attleboro than it is to Woburn.

I'll ice skate in hell before I buy there again. Sorry.

I entirely understand.

However, I suggest you check Dante's Inferno for the metereological and sporting conditions of the locus in question. [wink]

Last edited:
Yes been to NET twice North East Trading.

Not even close to 4 Seasons and no reloads on the shelf.

Prove it hand guns and counter to the left. Targets center isle, fishing in center, long guns on right wall and ammo on the back wall.

Yes been to NET twice North East Trading.

Not even close to 4 Seasons and no reloads on the shelf.

As long as you've actually been and looked.

I find the "no reloads" assertion bizarre, however. There are a half-dozen 650s in the back room turning out everything from 9mm to .45 ACP, plus cowboy ammo. Look for them on the back wall, right by the door.

Not that I pay much attention to that area; if I want reloads, I roll my own.

I even cleared that area of congestion for you. The two cases of .223 went home with me - they were blocking the aisle and I just couldn't let a hazard like that remain. [wink]

Last time may have been a bad day

Sent my wife down with spents in hand after calling first. They took none. I went afterwords looking for cheap 380 to teach a class all they had was factory. I saw not pistol reloads honest.

Sent my wife down with spents in hand after calling first. They took none. I went afterwords looking for cheap 380 to teach a class all they had was factory. I saw not pistol reloads honest.

I suggest a return trip. Ask for Ted or Kevin. Heck, Ted reloads even .380.

Getting back to B&D. Went there today to look at a gun they had up on Gunsamerica. Apparently Menino won't let them sell any guns over the counter and now is pissed because they are selling over the internet. So I paid for the gun and its being shipped to another dealer to do the transfer at no extra cost.
Kind of a dump up there but they treated me right and gave me a fair price.

B & D still in busness

About a year ago I had a ppk on consignment. Had to transfer it to 4 seasons,
B & D paid for the transfer no problem.

Thought they would be long gone by now. Are they still selling ammo or anything at the store. 45 minute travel to any store that came close to them.

Back
Top Bottom