• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

Depositions In $20 Million Lawsuit Contradictory...

Videotaped depositions made available to CBS 5 Investigates appear to show Pima County sheriff's detectives and SWAT members contradicting each other as they answer attorneys' questions about a search warrant raid, which ended in fatal gunfire last year.

At issue is whether an innocent man was killed in the raid, and whether the detectives on the case had done enough investigation to warrant a SWAT team entry.

>snip<

"Guilt by association. They thought that his brothers may be involved in some sort of drug trafficking organization, activity, whatever the case and they thought well, we'll just hit this house too," said Christopher Scileppi, the attorney who is handling a $20 million claim against Pima County on behalf of Guerena's widow.

http://www.kpho.com/story/20142545/depositions-show-contradictions-in-fatal-swat-raid

Last edited by a moderator:
People like you are the problem. You justify a light infantry force to be used by civilian police, make excuses for mistakes and then blame training.

Carefull. If the US infantry would have as many screw ups as the cops have, the media would tear them to shreds. Plus, they have javelins and stingers. The cops don't (yet).
Also, cops go home safe at night. Infantry MAY go back to camp. Doesn't mean they're safe.

This story is so f'n sad... These people need to be put in jail not just a lawsuit because we pay for that not them...

Robin Pratt, Shot And Killed In Front Of Her Daughter

In March 1992, police in Snohomish County, Washington conducted six simultaneous raids on members of the same extended family. An informant had implicated the targets of the raids for the robbery of an armored car and the murder of its driver a year earlier.

One of the raids was on the home of Larry and Robin Pratt. The informant had implicated Larry Platt. Though police knew there were likely to be innocent people and possibly children in the house, they decided on the pre-dawn, no-knock raid instead of confronting Pratt as he was coming or going to work. The police had also obtained a key to the apartment from a landlord, but decided instead to enter the residence by slamming a 50-pound battering ram through a sliding glass door.

As they executed the raid, shards of glass flew out toward the Pratts' six-year-old daughter and five-year-old niece sleeping nearby. The police confronted 28-year-old Robin Pratt as she came out of her bedroom to see what was wrong. She immediately dropped to her knees. She briefly raised her head, looked at Dep. Anthony Aston, and said, "Please don't hurt my children." Aston then fired a single bullet into Pratt's neck. She bled out and died in front of her daughter.

Raid Of The Day: Robin Pratt, Shot And Killed In Front Of Her Daughter

this one makes me HIGHLY upset every time I see reference to it.

Maybe some of his fellow Marines will show those swat tough guys what tough looks like, and how bad it sucks when those actual tough guys happen to be behind the triggers of guns that have barrels which are pointed in their direction. See how tough swat is then.

It still amazes/disappoints me that, whenever one of these occurs, a Wikileaks-style site doesn't post, internationally, the names/addresses/... of the personnel involved.

It still amazes/disappoints me that, whenever one of these occurs, a Wikileaks-style site doesn't post, internationally, the names/addresses/... of the personnel involved.

Know what would really impress me about anonymous? If they do exactly that with this instance. Want support from the lot of the politically and socially enlightened members of the armed forces? Give them the names and addresses of the murderers that took down one of their own. Anonymous would make a lot of friends, scary friends, friends with lots of guns, if they pulled this off.

Sent from an illegal communications device deep within the bowels of an illegal detention center, yeah I've been black bagged.

I watched the vid on the raid.
1) I could not understand what the officer was saying before the door was breeched. (I would have grabbed my gun too)
2) That is the worst tactical stack i have ever seen. Basic trainees do a better job. If the Marine had fired into the funnel there would be some shot police...
They are just kind of standing around.

I watched the vid on the raid.
1) I could not understand what the officer was saying before the door was breeched. (I would have grabbed my gun too)
2) That is the worst tactical stack i have ever seen. Basic trainees do a better job. If the Marine had fired into the funnel there would be some shot police...
They are just kind of standing around.

Just remember the review found nothing wrong with their tactics. Walking around the front yard of a house you're about to enter with your rifle slung over your shoulder is perfectly acceptable behavior.

Yup, that's the kind of guys I'd like to roll with [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom