Ayotte Pushing for more gun control.....again.....the fight is not over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like our darling Sen Ayotte is back at it and quietly working behind the scenes along with McSame and a bunch of gun grabbers to pass "something"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/u...etly-seek-a-new-path-on-gun-control.html?_r=0

When you call/write Sen Ayotte please also ask her why she removed her comments supporting RKBA from her website and ask when they will be restored.

Also ask her why she continues to waste time on this issue when only 4% of the population thinks Gun Control is an important issue?

Few in U.S. See Guns, Immigration as Nation's Top Problems

Funny how she seems to have time to discuss how to violate our rights but doesn't have time to work on killing Obamacare which is predicted to jack up insurance rates between 25 and 50% next year.

Ayotte needs to be punted from the senate as badly as Shaheen......both pose an immanent threat to the Constitution and our rights

thanks for the update JPK, and I will send another email to Kelly.
i am not sure how this works however. i heard the anti gunners in an ad last night talking about how Kelly killed the back ground checks and "sensible gun reform"

i tend to think the enemies of my enemies are my friend.

i tend to think the enemies of my enemies are my friend.

I would wholeheartedly agree if Ayotte hadn't repeatedly demonstrated that she was willing to discuss/violate our rights....not just RKBA but 4A and others.

Her voting record shows that her instincts/priorities do not allign with "Live Free or Die" and we need to continue to hold a flamethrower to her feet to get her to do the right thing.

Forgive the fiction but based upon her actions its looking more and more like McSame found a way of cloning and transferring his feeble/irrational mind and put it into Ayottes body.......

Jpk is the same one who posted in the sensationalistic headline thread hammering Ayotte as a "sellout" for supporting the senate bill when he confused the bills. Ayotte was a no and this guy was wrong. He seems to have an agenda against Ayotte. I don't trust anything he writes frankly.

Go after Sheehan, Ayotte is not the problem senator.

That "bad" vote Ayotte was derided for led to a floor vote that stopped gun control IN THE DEM-CONTROLLED Senate and forced the Red-State Dems to put up or shut up.

Sorry, I give her huge points for that. That vote pretty much shut down the ban train. The Dems are now searching for a new train to try again - they will over and over - but to accuse a Senator of "playing politics with our rights" in the Senate misses the point that the Senate IS POLITICS. What else is it? That's what it's been since the Constitution was adopted, that's why there are checks and balances, and that's why a Senator who can call a bluff in public and make the other party eat (&*^* while stopping their run at my rights gets my vote.

Meanwhile, a separate gun measure, an anti-trafficking bill, is the subject of talks between Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand, Democrat of New York, and two Republican senators who voted no on the background check bill. The Republicans, Senators Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire and Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, are discussing ways they might support the bill, which would criminalize the shipping or transfer of guns to someone who is barred from possessing a firearm.

?

The article doesn't say Ayotte is actually supporting anything anti-gun.
NYTimes said:
Ms. Ayotte said Thursday that she would continue talking with Ms. Gillibrand and was confident that some areas of agreement, on areas like expanding mental health care, could be reached.

“There’s a lot we have agreement on in terms of enforcing our current system,” she said. “And so I certainly think we should look for the common elements, including the mental health piece, which I support as well, and try to move as much of that as possible forward.”

Nothing in the NYT article actually explains what is being proposed.

The article doesn't say Ayotte is actually supporting anything anti-gun.

Nothing in the NYT article actually explains what is being proposed.

But just the fact that Ayotte is mentioned is enough to throw some people into a "throw the bum out" knee-jerk reaction.

This is just a crapola of a thread. Ayotte is being targeted by anti-gunners for her last vote. She is understandably nervous. Let's not be too quick to piss on the person that helped us out last time. As for the article, there is NOTHING incriminating here:

The Republicans, Senators Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire and Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, are discussing ways they might support the bill, which would criminalize the shipping or transfer of guns to someone who is barred from possessing a firearm.
Starting a thread that is this misleading is irresponsible. And if you're not convinced of Ayotte's credentials, Grassley's participation should set you straight.

If I was a mod I'd lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom