• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ayer Police Chief Leaving for Maine

If I lived in Ayer, this would be one of those times I was holding my breath, waiting to see what the new chief's stance on the 2nd is. Another in the myriad of reasons this state sucks.

http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_8121050

Ayer Police Chief Rizzo leaving for Maine
The Lowell Sun
Article Last Updated: 01/30/2008 07:38:10 PM EST

AYER -- Ayer Police Chief Richard Rizzo will leave the town -- and the state -- to become the police chief in Brunswick, Maine, pending Town Council approval on Feb. 4, the Times Record reports.

Rizzo has accepted the position, the newspaper reports, with a start date that depends on the negotiations with Ayer officials because his contract there requires 45 days notice.

Rizzo told the Record that he applied for the chief's position in part because of Brunswick's "excellent reputation" and an excellent department that he could lead into the next decade.

Rizzo, 54, was hired as Ayer's police chief in September 1997 after retiring as a captain in the Portland (Maine) Police Department following 25 years of service.

If confirmed by the Brunswick Town Council, Rizzo's starting salary will be $85,632, less than the $90,619 he earns in Ayer, but the same amount former Brunswick Chief Jerry Hinton earned when he announced his retirement.

THe cops in Ayer must be thrilled. What I have heard from Officers in that area is he wasnot an easy chief to work for.

I know one of the Sgt. Detectives on the Brunswick PD. We'll see what he has to say after a couple of months. Brunswick just got the whole NAS dumped on them. The Navy will no longer deputise their personell, so all criminal matters goes to the town.

Forgive the diversion, but this is the first thing I thought of when I read the article
rizzo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom