Axes & Hatchets & Tomahawks

Sounds like an adult Disneyland...

Sounds close-minus the strippers and add in some of Marlboros finest residents and 100 screaming kids downstairs, mehhhhhh, I’m not a people person at all, I can be polite enough to get by but I really don’t care for crowded places, my blood pressure was going up just walking into the place, but, I did end up having a great time.

Well then an Adult-themed Speakeasy Strip joint, masked by the sounds of screaming kids below and Hard Rock music for the dancers sounds like a need that should be filled...

I really don’t care for crowded places, my blood pressure was going up just walking into the place, but, I did end up having a great time.

Throwing sharpened steel and hickory is a well-known therapy!

I would love to get the hang of throwing knives/axes. My throws just clang off the target. If I was in one of those spy movies, the bad guy would just be laughing at me. There must be real technique vs what I do.

And how to choose what to throw!

Last edited:
I would love to get the hang of throwing knives/axes. My throws just clang off the target. If I was in one of those spy movies, the bad guy would just be laughing at me. There must be real technique vs what I do.

Check out one of these places, they coach you and can stay with you guiding and correcting if needed. Seriously fun time. I was hitting center mass in the first 5 mins.

Preferred the double handed overhead throw as opposed to the single throw, most of those clanged off the target and fell. My hand is kind of a mess though these days, doesn’t work like it used to from injuries so that’s probaly why I sucked one handed.

Just ordered a competition hawk from 2Hawks yesterday. Website was giving me trouble so I called the number and the man himself (Devin) answered the phone.

Very polite, easy to talk to and order from. He gave me a 10% Veterans discount and took my info for the order.

Told me the turn around right now is 8-9 weeks and asked if that was ok because he makes them all by hand.

Fine with me and gives me time to find, build or buy a nice target set up for the back yard. Really looking forward to seeing his work first hand and having some fun with it.

F021308A-526D-46F8-8C90-A5446F99A0B7.jpeg

The steel in that photo looks beautiful. I want ORDERED one for belt-carry...!
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Cams, did you go with the paracord wrapped handle and leather cover? I went plain handle, no cover. (already have a spare)
~Matt

Cams, did you go with the paracord wrapped handle and leather cover? I went plain handle, no cover. (already have a spare)
~Matt

No I took your advice and went just plain wood for throwing. If SHTF I’ll wrap some Talon Grip tape around it and head outsde for the party.

I did get the sheath and the belt loop for it though. Supposedly very sharp so wanted to make sure it’s safe for handling or hanging on belt/kit.

Got an email today from CRKT, they’ve released a new version of their tomahawk with a black head and hammer and burnt wood handle. Looks pretty darn sweet and only 69.00.

A092AFCD-CB2D-4EA3-9B28-32DC364DDAB0.png 5BDB996C-2A68-4E12-8C43-58AB0EBF8138.png 7BF61DB9-38CA-44E4-8101-AF57ED0B26FD.png

Any of you familiar with their hawks at all? Reading some reviews and it seems to be about 50/50. Some saying they came pretty dull, some saying the handles seems very cheap and plasticky with the type of finish on the wood and some love them. Guess it just comes with the territory.

Never even held a CRKT tommy, but...
For $30 bucks more the 2Hawks CompHawk is a no-brainer.

The hammer head on the CRKT looks like it may effect the throw...

^^^ Ya I was just thinking for more of a camp/general purpose beat to death hawk.

Supposedly designed by the same guy that makes those 400-600 dollar hawks. Forget the name right now.

But I guess just because he designed it, doesn’t mean CRKT didn’t then send the design to China to be made as cheap as possible.

Don't have any "tactical" axes but along with some hatchets we have a Husqvarna multi-purpose axe. It's fairly small and lightweight, about 3 lbs total and 26" long. Use it mostly for limbing and splitting kindling.

Husqvarna Axes Traditional (Multi-purpose) Axe

h430-0164.ashx

Devin Price at 2Hawks.net just credited my purchase of the Competition Hawk with my 10% military discount. Damn nice company to deal with. Can't wait for that first throw...

Those 2 hawks pieces are gorgeous. I tried to find reviews and a few threads mentioned wolf creek forge as well as h&b forge being better alternatives....you guys that are in the know, what would you go with?

Those 2 hawks pieces are gorgeous. I tried to find reviews and a few threads mentioned wolf creek forge as well as h&b forge being better alternatives....you guys that are in the know, what would you go with?

I ordered from 2Hawks because it is for recreational throwing and the owner is Pro-Military.
I think that for around a hundo, delivered, I'll be very happy. What kind of prices on the WCF or H&BF?