Axes & Hatchets & Tomahawks

+1 on the Fiskars splitting maul.
Bought one a few years ago on a recommendation.
Mid sized oak logs literally fly apart with that thing.. Definitely worth the investment.

These are hard to find...

1612058044848.png

Overview​

The Trail Hawk is the first official offering of it's kind from BHK! it is made from deferentially heat treated 3/16" 4140 and is of full tang construction. the Trail Hawk is 13-5/8" oal with a 3-5/8" cutting edge and a 5-1/2"oah, and weighs 1lb 11.4oz or 778 grams The scales are Black/Green Single Twist Canvas Micarta. The Trail hawk was tested and evolved several times to make sure it worked well with camp and trail chores like carving, chopping, splitting, feather sticking, striking a fire steel and more. It is sharp where it is meant to be and smoothed for comfort where its not! attention was paid to the balance as well as the handle profile to let the Trail hawk excel in both a full grip chop or choked up for detail work

These are hard to find...

View attachment 443692

Overview​

The Trail Hawk is the first official offering of it's kind from BHK! it is made from deferentially heat treated 3/16" 4140 and is of full tang construction. the Trail Hawk is 13-5/8" oal with a 3-5/8" cutting edge and a 5-1/2"oah, and weighs 1lb 11.4oz or 778 grams The scales are Black/Green Single Twist Canvas Micarta. The Trail hawk was tested and evolved several times to make sure it worked well with camp and trail chores like carving, chopping, splitting, feather sticking, striking a fire steel and more. It is sharp where it is meant to be and smoothed for comfort where its not! attention was paid to the balance as well as the handle profile to let the Trail hawk excel in both a full grip chop or choked up for detail work
Yes they are. A buddy gave me a heads up and I sent to wifey and she ordered right away. Guess she still loves me haha. Feels like a great design. My friend got his before me and has used it Chopin in his back forty(feet). He claime no vibration and is comfortable for extended use. I will let you know.

Great wife, great hatchet/hawk...
It's a WIN:WIN!

Yes, please let us know. Micarta on a hatchet handle sounds sweet...

New acquisition in the middle: 3.5 pound head on a 26" straight handle--Council Tool Miner's Axe. Only $50

Hatchet and full size(free) axe for size reference.

Backstory-I originally bought the hatchet for kindling. It is too light for my kindling source. It will work, but I had a few too many close calls with fingers. I switched to my truck axe relying on the weight and choking up on the handle. It is great, but I prefer leaving it in my truck for use there.

Enter the miner's axe-heavy head, short handle.

My perfect kindling chopper just in time for summer. 🙃 The handle is getting the BLO love right now.

IMG_0111.jpg