• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Awesome Blade Sharpener: Spyderco Sharpmaker

Thanks Mike-Mike... I would have done the same (price wise)... But if you want to do it instead, and take this opportunity away from me to do some good for ALL members, go for it. I was a spyderco dealer for a long time and such...

:(

Believe Me, I didn't read through this whole thread. If you would like to do it, by all means its all yours.[wink]

Anyone going to Fraggin Frosty who wants to put this to the test, I'm game...My knives are "whose blood is that?" sharp....Modern technology...It seems to work...Even with knife sharpening. I won't deny anyone their right to sharpen knives old school if it trips you trigger...Some like the methodical art of sharpening a knife - I happen to have found a better way for me and I'd be willing to bet a bottle of honing oil that if someone with fancy pants sharpening methods and I with my easy breezy way took identical knives out of a package and each sharpened them not in the presence of an impartial judge, that it would be unlikely that the judge could tell the difference...Someone take me up on it.....

Take your keychain fob, sharpen a knife and post a video of it doing this, and I will be haflway convinced:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK6KIVK6UWk

The cut: Single piece of printer paper rolled into a 2" diameter tube. Roll placed freestanding (no tape holding it from falling over) on a countertop and severed cleanly, leaving the bottom of the paper tube standing.

Sharpness aside, I use the Edgepro for the gorgeous bevels it puts out on top of putting out the sharpest edges i've ever seen. I've yet to see ANY sharpener be able to put a perfect, mirror finish cutting bevel on a blade. Most sharpeners top out at putting around a 400 grit edge.

Last edited:
Can you guys just tell me whether or not that Spyderco sharpener is good for a noob? I have some hookers to get rid of and the cleaver needs a good edge put on it.

Can you guys just tell me whether or not that Spyderco sharpener is good for a noob? I have some hookers to get rid of and the cleaver needs a good edge put on it.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

That is the only reason I offered. Chris just go green, Nows the time!

So since I was not green, you felt you could just take my offer away away from me? That's how it sounds.... But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

I was offering to provide members with a way to get this at a discount, not to get a discount...

The only reason I have not gone green is I was debating on whether I wanted to become a dealer or green member... I'm still undecided if I want to deal with all the hassle I had when I owned my own tactical supply website again...

I was upset, that a "green" member, who said he was a "Spyderco dealer" (which means he should be a dealer here?) came on and poached my offer for a group buy...

That is all... I was ready to drop this and let it go... But I just got dragged back in...

So lets drop this and lets go back to discussing the virtues of the sharpener and for the group buy, contact Mike-Mike...

Peace...

Chris

So since I was not green, you felt you could just take my offer away away from me? That's how it sounds.... But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

I was offering to provide members with a way to get this at a discount, not to get a discount...

The only reason I have not gone green is I was debating on whether I wanted to become a dealer or green member... I'm still undecided if I want to deal with all the hassle I had when I owned my own tactical supply website again...

I was upset, that a "green" member, who said he was a "Spyderco dealer" (which means he should be a dealer here?) came on and poached my offer for a group buy... NO because I have never and probably will never run a group buy. As noted in my statement that if someone else decided to do the buy I would simply offer a great price to fellow NES ers.

That is all... I was ready to drop this and let it go... But I just got dragged back in...

So lets drop this and lets go back to discussing the virtues of the sharpener and for the group buy, contact Mike-Mike...

Peace...

Chris

See bold

Sigh... For the record, since I offered the group buy, would I not be the one procuring the sharpeners and not just be the leg man?

So you wanted all the profit and look like the hero and let me (or someone else) do the work? I said I have connections, so you were not needed for me to get them... You just came in and gave a price and said someone else can do the grunt work... I would have done it all...

We should have ended this at post 32...

You do not seem to think that you stepped on any toes here... And you still don't... Put yourself in my shoes...

I dealt with this cr@p for years when I had my business, I'd post a sale, and someone would try to under price me within the hour on other forums... Maybe I should not become a dealer here if this stuff is going to continue...

I would like to drop this... It's not worth continuing with...

Chris

Can you guys just tell me whether or not that Spyderco sharpener is good for a noob?

I definitely qualify as noob when it comes to knife sharpening and my Sharpmaker keeps my knifes nice and sharp. I know you go to MRA - I'll bring it by and you can try it out if you want.

I have some hookers to get rid of and the cleaver needs a good edge put on it.

Two words: wood chipper. [devil]

I definitely qualify as noob when it comes to knife sharpening and my Sharpmaker keeps my knifes nice and sharp. I know you go to MRA - I'll bring it by and you can try it out if you want.

Thanks Jason. I actually quit MRA and joined Harvard but I appreciate the offer. Every review I've seen is positive so good enough for me.

Two words: wood chipper. [devil]

That reminds me, I want to watch Fargo again.

So, do I have this right?

Two 'members' of NES have the ability to get other folks a substantial discount on Spyderco sharpeners, but because of a misunderstanding between the two, nobody is getting a discount?

So, do I have this right?

Two 'members' of NES have the ability to get other folks a substantial discount on Spyderco sharpeners, but because of a misunderstanding between the two, nobody is getting a discount?

You can find them cheaper than $50 all over the internet. Group buy seems unnecessary. (And way too much drama.)

I bought mine here: http://www.poorfish.com/p-850-spyderco-tri-angle-sharpmaker-knife-sharpener-204mf.aspx

$44.99 + $7.50 shipping = $52.99 (Free shipping for orders over $75 - I added a nice little $35 LED flashlight to my order to bring it over.)

Last edited:
Wow... very unfortunate to see two members squabble over something like that.
You can find them cheaper than $50 all over the internet. Group buy seems unnecessary. (And way too much drama.)

I bought mine here: http://www.poorfish.com/p-850-spyderco-tri-angle-sharpmaker-knife-sharpener-204mf.aspx

$44.99 + $7.50 shipping = $52.99 (Free shipping for orders over $75 - I added a nice little $35 LED flashlight to my order to bring it over.)
Thanks!

I went this route and picked up a knife as well to make shipping free.

Back
Top Bottom