• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AWB Rejected by none other than...

Just go after the Mental Health crap and Background Checks and leave us alone!

Why? You want mental health disqualifiers and background checks? Are you kidding me?

There should be zero restrictions.

I'm getting tired of hearing this feel good fudd compromise restriction bullshit coming from alleged 2A supporters.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Why? You want mental health disqualifiers and background checks? Are you kidding me?

I'm getting tired of hearing this feel good fudd compromise restriction bullshit coming from alleged 2A supporters.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Exactly. Oh, jimbo39 doesn't think like us "progressives". He must be crazy. No guns for you!

Exactly. Oh, jimbo39 doesn't think like us "progressives". He must be crazy. No guns for you!

Seriously. This is ridiculous. Any compromise is one more step onto the gallows platform. Morons can't see that they dig their own graves ever single time they compromise an inch.

Seriously. This is ridiculous. Any compromise is one more step onto the gallows platform. Morons can't see that they dig their own graves ever single time they compromise an inch.

Yeah I think its a dangerous road to travel down having all this invasive mental health and background crap. If they can't ban the weapons, they'll ban the people from using them. We don't need any more ways for them to discriminate people in general anways.

"Oh you were sad this morning when you woke up? Hold that thought, I need to call the feds..."

I had someone on my fishing forum tell me he is a gun owner and supports the second amendment but he is in favor of an AWB because crazies don't need 30 round mags, and he doesnt care as long as they don't come for his 15 round glock mags

I had someone on my fishing forum tell me he is a gun owner and supports the second amendment but he is in favor of an AWB because crazies don't need 30 round mags, and he doesnt care as long as they don't come for his 15 round glock mags

Except they are. If you believe you have the right to own a goddamn gun, then you can't turn around a say "but not those ones". Tired of those people.

Except they are. If you believe you have the right to own a goddamn gun, then you can't turn around a say "but not those ones". Tired of those people.

This. ^ That is the problem with people in this Country, we have been conditioned to Selective ownership of things, and if it Don't affect me I don't care. This why the rich are getting richer and you are getting poorer. Explain to your friend that he is wrong with this thinking.

Would you people stop referring to anti gun folk as "liberals"? Shit!

I am liberal, and also a against a change to gun laws.

And I know conservatives, who are for gun control reform.

So drop the liberal/conservative labels from threads like these. My stance on gun control has no bearing on my fiscal views...

Just go after the Mental Health crap and Background Checks and leave us alone!

no no no, wrong wrong, bad.

this is a bad post, and you should feel bad.

if you don't know why, just read this again:

So drop the liberal/conservative labels from threads like these. My stance on gun control has no bearing on my fiscal views...

I live in MA, I dont think what you said applies in this state haha

I may have to bust out that celebratory stogie. The fight's not over, but man this feels good. Maybe I'll even break in my brandy new .223 dies, too.

Are you sure you know what you are? Also, small c conservatives who say they are for gun control are not really conservatives (of the Constitutional principles of the founding fathers). They are authoritarians, just like liberals. So you are against your 2A freedom being infringed upon, but you have no problem with the government taking your money from you using the jackboot of the IRS, for the "good" of society?

No he's right. Liberal and Conservative are based on fiscal policy only. The fact that we only have 2 major parties has over shadowed this. But not all registered Democrats want gun control, nor do all conservatives own guns. Just like abortion, weed legislation etc. This is why we need multiple parties, and why nothing is every accomplished in Washington.

"what do you mean, 'you people'?"

[laugh]

"Your" (liberal) stance on fiscal policy requires a monopoly of violence in hands of government to enforce taking wealth and redistributing it.

However, I can fully accept that you don't think so and I would rather have your help in cleaning up your party's act WRT gun control as I try to clean up my party's act as well.

It would be impossible to deny at this point that the all out push for gun control is coming primarily from self described liberal democrats in office, but I have also seen a lot more self described liberals out there screaming against it as well than I ever have before and I am glad to see it.

My ultimate goal is to get people on both sides of the aisle to realize the reason we are at eachother's throat all the time now is that we are trying to legislate things outside the enumerated powers of the government. More importantly, those laws have reached our most private of places and thoughts.

The solution is to recognize that wanting to change society and legislating a forced change are two different things and one of them is violent and unacceptable.

Advocate, don't legislate. Unless it is to remove restrictions and infringement already on the books.

Last edited:
Are you sure you know what you are? Also, small c conservatives who say they are for gun control are not really conservatives (of the Constitutional principles of the founding fathers). They are authoritarians, just like liberals. So you are against your 2A freedom being infringed upon, but you have no problem with the government taking your money from you using the jackboot of the IRS, for the "good" of society?

You are correct. However, the government does not have to force me to pay taxes. I pay them and have no problem with how most of my money is spent. I don't agree with defense spending, bank bail outs and items like that that help big business fat cats.

I also have a problem with allowing those who are the richest of the rich go along and not have to see that money back down the consumer food chain. If they amass huge fortunes and don't spend it in a way that gets filtered back down to the poor, then I feel it's the govt's job to regulate that money and use it on federal welfare systems.

None of what I just said has any bearing on my gun stance. I don't think the govt has any place instituting an AWB.

Then find another way to hold some other sword across their necks. They're all corrupt, its just a matter of finding out how, where and when, then screwing them into the ground.

Rand Paul is trying to solve the lifetime politician problem. He has submitted a bill that would impose term limits for senators and congressmen. So in the same way that the President is limited to 2 terms max, reps. and senators would be limited also. There is an online petition he has going around to support the bill and of course you can call your reps. directly about it. Which you should!!

This would be huge. It would effectively stop the local shit bags from just doing whatever they want knowing they will get reelected just because their name is Kennedy or Frank. I mean seriously how ****ing long has Barney Frank been in office now? I remember seeing the sign "reserved for barney frank" in the city call parking lot I used to skate in at least 20+ years ago. I graduated HS 20 yrs. ago and stopped skating before I entered HS. so it has been a while...

Can you imagine what it would be like if politicians like ours had only 2 terms (or however many/few the bill allows) to make their mark and be remembered for it. Whatever "it" turns out to be. No more sitting back all cozy in their position pushing their personal agenda.... Oh ya, it would be like AMERICA!!

People in this thread have mentioned "keeping the pressure on". It should be kept on wayyyy after we defeat this ban. Our focus should be on getting the "act" of trying to deprive us of our rights declared unconstitutional.... Oh wait it is the Constitution says so... Point being if we can get the act of trying to take our 2a (or any other Const. rights), without amending the Const., to be declared a crime. Then we may be able to force them to rescind the other bans on state and fed. levels. Until the Const. says my gun has to be "this" long or only be semi-auto the whole concept of NFA weapons is bullshit....

Anyhow I'm ranting and have places to go... I'll find the link to the survey I mentioned above and edit this post to include it....

I also have a problem with allowing those who are the richest of the rich go along and not have to see that money back down the consumer food chain. If they amass huge fortunes and don't spend it in a way that gets filtered back down to the poor, then I feel it's the govt's job to regulate that money and use it on federal welfare systems.

Wait, what? I hope my sarcasm meter is off

You are correct. However, the government does not have to force me to pay taxes. I pay them and have no problem with how most of my money is spent. I don't agree with defense spending, bank bail outs and items like that that help big business fat cats.

None of what I just said has any bearing on my gun stance. I don't think the govt has any place instituting an AWB.

I think are correct in your characterization of yourself as liberal, based on the above. To me, I see a slight disconnect between you thinking the government is worthy enough to take our money for the good of society, but not our guns. This is simply because many who share your fiscal viewpoint are quite willing and eager to take that next step.

Yeah, I am getting tired of the whole "BUT" statements.

Jesus Christ

Back
Top Bottom