AWB 2022 debate

Yeah, you can’t tell me what my son can and cannot inherit. That’s some unconstitutional shit right there alone.

That’s like saying you work hard and are responsible your whole life. But when you die everything you worked for belongs to the state. Welcome to communism.

Passed 217-213. That’s why they had the media covering the bullsh*t China Pelosi story. You look one way they get things done. Also passed the handout to Tech Companies , voted down the ban on the sale of strategic reserves to China and pushed forward the new green bankrupt bill of 700 bil

Never mind. Found it here

Introduced in House (03/11/2021)​

Assault Weapons Ban of 2021

This bill makes it a crime to knowingly import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon (SAW) or large capacity ammunition feeding device (LCAFD).

The prohibition does not apply to a firearm that is (1) manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action; (2) permanently inoperable; (3) an antique; or (4) a rifle or shotgun specifically identified by make and model.

The bill also exempts from the prohibition the following, with respect to a SAW or LCAFD:

• importation, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession related to certain law enforcement efforts, or authorized tests or experiments;
  • importation, sale, transfer, or possession related to securing nuclear materials; and
  • possession by a retired law enforcement officer.
The bill permits continued possession, sale, or transfer of a grandfathered SAW, which must be securely stored. A licensed gun dealer must conduct a background check prior to the sale or transfer of a grandfathered SAW between private parties.

The bill permits continued possession of, but prohibits sale or transfer of, a grandfathered LCAFD.

Newly manufactured LCAFDs must display serial number identification. Newly manufactured SAWs and LCAFDs must display the date of manufacture.

The bill also allows a state or local government to use Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program funds to compensate individuals who surrender a SAW or LCAFD under a buy-back program.

I just scanned the text of the bill.

I hire stupid attorneys all the time, the text of the law is hilarious.

These politicians have no shame.. Id be f***ing embarrassed If i signed onto something like that. ..

It like the gun grabbers don’t even try anymore.. Or at least try and hide the nature of what their trying to do..

Hey at least they are being honest now..

I do really hope that passes the supreme courts gonna give them the ultimate Slap down.

Just the wording of the first paragraph sums up everything

Some enterprising state or town could end up with a very large auxiliary police force which then negates the laws for current and retired Police and probably adds some benefits.

Some enterprising state or town could end up with a very large auxiliary police force which then negates the laws for current and retired Police and probably adds some benefits.
Could you imagine an entire state deputizing every non criminal citizen? Genius

I just scanned the text of the bill.

I hire stupid attorneys all the time, the text of the law is hilarious.

These politicians have no shame.. Id be f***ing embarrassed If i signed onto something like that. ..

It like the gun grabbers don’t even try anymore.. Or at least try and hide the nature of what their trying to do..

Hey at least they are being honest now..

I do really hope that passes the supreme courts gonna give them the ultimate Slap down.

Just the wording of the first paragraph sums up everything
I would NOT depend upon SCOTUS to save us here.

I would NOT depend upon SCOTUS to save us here.
This is correct. It would take many years for a case to get through. There would be a tremendous amount of damage done in the interim.

When the legislative branch doesn't care about the judicial branch, then it is a serious crack in the foundation. The point is they don't care if it's constitutional.

This is correct. It would take many years for a case to get through. There would be a tremendous amount of damage done in the interim.

When the legislative branch doesn't care about the judicial branch, then it is a serious crack in the foundation. The point is they don't care if it's constitutional.
Which is one of the many reasons I feel that the current system cannot be fixed. It must be taken down to the ground and rebuilt as the Founders had intended using the COTUS as it was in 1913 before the tribe at the Fed stole the country from beneath our feet!

They can pass all the laws they want, the trick, now that so many folks have seen the state of our society, is enforcement and, if they attempt to try it, confiscation! Those won't end well

I am also not inclined to trust the Supreme Court to do the right thing either. Could go either way and maybe not all in our favor.
This should have been stopped even before it got to this point.

Is everyone so sure that the senate will not have some reconciliation play that lets anti-gun Manchin and the rest of the other RINOS that supported the red flag law pass this?
These clowns know this is their last shot for awhile to pass this, so they will be bringing out all of their best cheats and arm twisting to get this done.

Consider the historical perspective that the revolutionary war was won with 3% participation in a shooting war.
Is it so hard to believe that we could have another 3% today that is dedicated in destroying what we have built over the last 246 years?
Their treachery will not involve firearms, but pens and legal precedents.

I think the time to start considering how much infringement you can tolerate (personally I think we are beyond that) and how valuable our freedom really is.

Last edited:
Quoted from another forum:

This is straight fvckery. Congress never even counted the votes when ramming through the Hughes amendment (see vid below)

www.pewpewtactical.com

The Hughes Amendment & Machine Guns: What's the Deal?

Ever wondered why you can't just go buy a machine gun? You can thank the Hughes Amendment for that. Come read more about this law and its impact.
www.pewpewtactical.com
www.pewpewtactical.com

View: https://youtu.be/a6Mx2UcSEvQ

The very first sentence "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes".

Violation of the 2A right there.

Has not the Supreme court already said the AR 15 is commonly in use and protected by the 2A?

Last edited:
Does this ban pistol mags over 15 rounds? It seems so.
That would be the way I would read it. It seems that any magazine, fixed or removable, that is over 15 rounds (5 for shotguns, and there is an exception for tubular mags in .22 rimfire) is considered a “large capacity ammunition feeding device” and is banned under this law. I could not find anywhere in this mess where the ban on "large capacity ammunition feeding device” is even restricted to semi-autos, so even if you had a pump action like a Troy, you could not have a fixed magazine that held over 15 rounds. The magazines themselves are now banned for “civilian” possession (with the exception of those lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2022). Newly manufactured magazines (which can only be sold to military and LEO) will need to be serialized and dated.

Let the run on standard capacity magazines begin.

Last edited:
The very first sentence "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes".

Violation of the 2A right there.

Has not the Supreme court already said the AR 15 is commonly in use and protected by the 2A?

The supreme court has said both.

They said in Heller that you can not ban weapons in common use.
They said in Bruen that the second amendment is not without limits (felons, adjudicated mental defectives, etc)

Of course, each side hears the part they want to hear. Our side hears "can't ban in common use" they hear "right is not unlimited". In reality the two are not mutually exclusive.

Are there legal restrictions on the second amendment? Yes, felons can't possess firearms, you can't carry on an airplane, etc. That makes the 2nd not unlimited just like the supreme court has said.

Can you ban something in common use? According to Heller, no. Is the AR in common use? So far the supreme court hasn't explicitly said that, but it would be hard to argue that it is not.

Ironically, Jerry Nadler himself may have doomed this bill/law should it ever get to the supreme court. His response to the question about the weapons they were trying to ban being in common use was that "That's the problem. They are in common use."

Back
Top Bottom