Average renewal time for LTC

weerwolv

NES Member
Hi all,

Spoke with my town PD yesterday (Blackstone) and was told the average time for LTC renewal is running at 6 to 8 weeks. They use MIRCS

I met with them in late December to file my renewal application and am now running on the 90 day grace as my present license expired yesterday.

Question: Is 6 to 8 weeks about average or does it really depend on what town your in?

Question: During my 90 day grace, can I buy firearms?

Thanks in advance

-Chris

6-8 weeks might be close to the average, but the variation seems to be pretty big, with reports ranging from 2 weeks to almost 20 weeks. You need and LTC to by firearms (i.e., handguns); grace period or no grace period, until your new one comes in you don't have one.

Ken

For comparison it took me exactly 90 days from submission to license pick-up in Billerica. And when I went to the station to pick it up, the compliance officer had to shuffle through a stack several inches high before he found mine. Sort of puts the aphorism "An armed society is a polite society" in perspective. People are very polite in my town. [lol]

Hi all,

Wanted to give you a quick update that I received my permit on 2/3/06. If you are looking for a nice place to live in that will play fair with you and your rights, move to Blackstone.

-Chris

weerwolv said:
Hi all,

Wanted to give you a quick update that I received my permit on 2/3/06. If you are looking for a nice place to live in that will play fair with you and your rights, move to Blackstone.

-Chris

Good to hear Chris, and congrats! :D

LTC (ALP) Town of Blackstone

Hi all,

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you share your experience applying for a LTC ALP in the town of Blackstone?

Thanks

My renewal for my NH non-res took over TWO WEEKS!! What's up with that? That's disgraceful!

My first one took all of 4 days. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom