• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Availability of SR-25 style high-cap, preban mags in Ma?

SnakeEye

Banned
Hello All,
I obtained a brandy new LM&T LM308MWS rifle yesterday, chambered in .308, and was curious if high capacity SR-25 style mags (20rd capacity at most) are going to be a problem to source here in the peoples republic?
And if so, would my C&R permit help me with obtaining 20rd US M-14 Mags? Or are high caps just seen as high caps, irregardless of C&R status? Or perhaps even more rare/expensive than what I'm looking for in the first place.
AR-10 mags wont work..
The weapon already weighs in at least 13lbs unloaded, so i certainly wouldn't be interested in anything over 20 rounds that's for sure. (I see a benchrest and lots of comfy little sandbags in my future;)
I joked about it yesterday with a friend, but I genuinely see myself having to go back to the gym just to be able to wield this beast confidently from any standing position.
Getting a bunch of new manufacture, ten round mags from midway or someplace certainly wouldn't be the end of the world for me. Not to mention a lot more sensible considering the weight factor, but it might be good to have at least a few 20 rounders handy to compliment the rifle should more magazine madness ensue in the future.
thanks all!
Rich

Good luck finding ANY SR-25 mags.

I would check the EE over on arfcom. I've seen some pop up over there from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom