Automatic powder dispenser and scale

Knicks

NES Member
My GF bought me a hornady auto powder dispenser and scale. I load my 9mm/45acp at or .1 above the starting load from the Lyman manual. With limited space in my bench would it be a bad move to remove my rcbs uniflow and 505 scale? I'm loading range ammo at starting loads. Do any of you that use auto dispensers still use the manual/analogs?

It's good practice to always weigh your loads every so many rounds. I use a progressive but when trying new loads I use the automatic.

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

It's good practice to always weigh your loads every so many rounds. I use a progressive but when trying new loads I use the automatic.

This unit dispenses and weighs the powder. I guess I'll verify the charge weight on the bean until I am confident it won't drift after 50/100 rounds.

If you're throwing charges onto a scale, then you're weighing every charge. It's a slow way to load pistol ammo.

And I'm on a single stage press haha. I'll be attending the blue northern class in April!

Eddies class is the place to be. Lots of info! I didn't mean to check every round. Like 1 out of 20. Of your using the scale to load the rounds then no need to weigh at all. I just didn't know if you had a powder thrower.

And I'm on a single stage press haha. I'll be attending the blue northern class in April!

I will be there too. I still need to get a Dillon XL650 when Shooter's has them back in stock. I am looking to
reload .223, .300 Blackout, and 9mm. I already have the Casefeeder and plates, Two quick change toolheads
with powder measures, all three die sets, 8 extra primer tubes, 1500 sm rifle primers, 1000 sm pistol primers,
1000 150gn .300 projectiles, 11 lbs of W296 powder, Electronic grain scale, Primer flip trays, plus a few other
pieces.

The press, table, .223 & 9mm projectiles, W231 powder, and stock up on range brass, is all I still need
to get. I converted all 1700 rounds of .223 brass I saved into .300 blackout.

Malodave

Back
Top Bottom