Auto Ordnance M1 carbines, any experience?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I've had a couple of CMP m1 carbines over the last five years, and I just saw what may be a good deal on an Auto Ordnance M1 carbine reproduction.

I'm interested in it because I've always felt a little bad about shooting my m1 carbine too much, as it is a real historical artifact.
So I figured if the Auto Ordnance works well, I would feel better about taking it to the range all the time than the CMP one.

I've read a fair amount of bad reviews of the Auto Ordnance models, just wondering if anyone has any direct experience?

Unless your CMP M1 carbine is historically significant in some special way, and has all the "correct" parts, I'd say shoot it and enjoy it! I briefly felt the same way about my M1 Garand. I came to my senses after speaking with other collectors.

Unless your CMP M1 carbine is historically significant in some special way, and has all the "correct" parts, I'd say shoot it and enjoy it! I briefly felt the same way about my M1 Garand. I came to my senses after speaking with other collectors.

This. youll never use and abuse it on the level the military did through 3 wars, and thensome. enjoy what you have and shoot them, dont waste $$ on a AO carbine for pitty sake. Hell I own 10 m1 carbines, 4 are all original as left factory avoiding rebuilds and upgrades that are concidered museum pieces. I shoot all of them.

I've had a couple of CMP m1 carbines over the last five years, and I just saw what may be a good deal on an Auto Ordnance M1 carbine reproduction.

I'm interested in it because I've always felt a little bad about shooting my m1 carbine too much, as it is a real historical artifact.
So I figured if the Auto Ordnance works well, I would feel better about taking it to the range all the time than the CMP one.

I've read a fair amount of bad reviews of the Auto Ordnance models, just wondering if anyone has any direct experience?

Shoot your usgi carbines!

I have one. I have only put about 100 rounds through it. In my experience (being a novice) it seems to do the trick. Fun, easy and accurate. The first box of 50 rounds was given to me. It jammed up a bit on that (stove pipes if I remember correctly), but the second box of 50 went very smooth (shot months after the first).

Back
Top Bottom