Auto Ordinance 1911A1 Question

I have plenty of 9mm's and I'm looking to buy my first .45ACP. I don't want to spend much and these seem like great guns. The design seems pretty similar to any other 1911 and was wondering what everyone else thought about them. And is Para Ordinance its own company or does someone else own them? Thanks!

AO1911 is not a bad way to start. Short money, and does the trick. Keep in mind, if you are looking to customize to your liking, GI sights are terrible. Not easy to find any good replacements, and will cost a bit to have sights cut in. Probably better off going for a Ruger1911, Remington1911, or a S&W.

Oh I see what you mean. I do love the Ruger 1911. Another question. If I was looking for a compact .40, would a Walther PPS be a good choice? I love how slim the gun is.

OK Auto Ordnance and Para Ordnance are two different companies and yes they make their own guns. Although they may purchase parts from suppliers to use in their manufacturing. I have a AO 1911 and after I had the trigger job done it's one of my best shooting 1911's. If you look for a used one stay away from any Auto Ordnance 1911 made in West Hurley NY. That was the previous owner of AO till Kahr bought them.

If I were to go for a PPS, I would stick with the 9mm. The .40 is very snappy, and in a small lightweight frame, may be uncomfortable to shoot for long periods of time. I had a Kahr PM40, and it wasn't fun to shoot. I also had a PPS9, and loved it, but sold it to get a PM9. If a .40 is what you are looking for for carry and range, I would highly recommend the Sig P239 in .40

Hope I helped.

Back
Top Bottom