Authorities seize grenade launcher, weapons cache from Virginia man at motel

"Investigators also found Middle Eastern red and white traditional headdress, Forrest said. "

I'll call it what it (he) is.....a home grown terrorist.

Immidiate Military tribunal...

Unfortunately it's going to take a number of (Additional ) murders for some people to get it.

Article says altered .223 to 50 cal: BMG or Beowulf?

At the time of his arrest, Woodson was wearing a military-style ballistic vest with a reinforced steel plate and carrying a .223-caliber assault rifle that had been altered to fire .50-caliber ammunition, Forrest. He was also carrying four loaded magazines with hollow-point ammunition, Forrest said.

Beowulf most likely.

Its New Jersey, they'd pee their pants if he had a Red Rider BB gun. [thinking]
After all it holds 500 shots ! [shocked]

Anyway... lets review;

* Hollow point rounds = felony by posession in NJ.
* Carrying a concealed rifle with defaced serial number. (also a felony)
* Wearing Ballistic vest with plates while comitting a felony (See above)
* Maps of a military base & civillan community.
* Middle Eastern red and white traditional headdress.

I'll go out on a limb here and say it looks like he was up to no good and this was a good catch.

'hundreds of rounds'?

uh-oh.

And:
  • a .308-caliber semi-automatic [STRIKE]assault[/STRIKE] rifle with a defaced serial number
  • maps of a U.S. military installation
  • a Middle Eastern red and white traditional headdress, Forrest said.

Uh-oh is right. This doesn't sound like one of the good guys to me.

A U.S. Navy spokesman, Lt. Justin Cole, said Woodson joined the service in February 1988 and served aboard the USS Orion, a submarine tender, before deserting in April 1989. It would be eight years before he was returned to Navy custody, Cole said. A month later, in August 1997, Woodson was discharged.

WTF ?? You can desert for 8 years and then just get discharged? I wish I had known that. (just kidding).

Its New Jersey, they'd pee their pants if he had a Red Rider BB gun. [thinking]
After all it holds 500 shots ! [shocked]

Anyway... lets review;

I'll go out on a limb here and say it looks like he was up to no good and this was a good catch.

You say that, but what on that bullet list is un-constitutional? Dumb/illegal state/fed laws aside that is.

Let me rephrase this. Say I was going to an appleseed in Jericho. I might stay at a motel nearby. I might have several rifles with me, some of them "high powered". I would most likely have a map of the military base the event was being held at. Does this make me a criminal? As for the grenade launcher I am unfamiliar with the laws on that. Without possessing actual grenades I would be hard pressed to see that as a crime either.

I'm not saying this guy isn't suspicious but unless he outlined some actual plan that can be proven in court...

Last edited:
He's either the worst Terrorist known to mankind or the worst mall ninja wanna be out there. What self respecting terrorist is going to hide in the bushes and not get a few rounds off before being pepper sprayed. Geez. [rolleyes] I'm betting we'll find out down the road that the grenade launcher is one of those AR15 mountable flare guns.

Overall though, this guy has problems. It's probably better for us that he was picked up before he really did something stupid. Then again, reading this, I doubt heavily he would of done anything.

Last edited:
Anyway... lets review;

You say that, but what on that bullet list is un-constitutional?

Any different than..

- consuming alcohol
- Driving your vehicle on a public way
- having blood shot eyes
- being unsteady on your feet
- having slurred speech

any one of which is not illegal or unconstitutional but when combined can have deadly consequences

"Investigators also found Middle Eastern red and white traditional headdress, Forrest said. "

I'll call it what it (he) is.....a home grown terrorist.

Immidiate Military tribunal...

So now we're in favor of throwing American citizens, arrested on American soil accused of plotting a terrorist attack to the tender mercies of a rump military tribunal? How is the federal court system incapable of dealing with this clown? Last time I checked the original WTC bombers were managed just fine by the federal court system. I think the bliund sheik or whatever they called him is now doing a gazillion years in a Colorado supermax.

But hey, it's post 911 and someone said "terrorist," so we don't need no stinkin constitution.

When the anti's declare the Appleseed shoots domestic terrorist training exercises I hope you won't be surprised when they throw your butt into a tribunal system. After all, it's what you wanted.[rolleyes]

So now we're in favor of throwing American citizens, arrested on American soil accused of plotting a terrorist attack to the tender mercies of a rump military tribunal? How is the federal court system incapable of dealing with this clown? Last time I checked the original WTC bombers were managed just fine by the federal court system. I think the bliund sheik or whatever they called him is now doing a gazillion years in a Colorado supermax.

But hey, it's post 911 and someone said "terrorist," so we don't need no stinkin constitution.

When the anti's declare the Appleseed shoots domestic terrorist training exercises I hope you won't be surprised when they throw your butt into a tribunal system. After all, it's what you wanted.[rolleyes]
Not for this clown but real terrorists don`t need to be mirandized. Military tribunals for one and all. Wait till you see the spectacle the 3 high profile master terrorists put on in NYC when they finally come to trial.

Should of just tried those guy's down in Cuba and put it on a live feed if we feel the need to watch it. We're going to waste a ton of money with security just to have them in NYC. It's nothing but a show and another waste of money.

Don't we hang traitors? No?

......guess I'll put this rope away.

Would you offer the same rights if he walked into a school and gunned down 50 children screaming Alah Akbar?

When are people going to get it?
...When it's too late?

Would you offer the same rights if he walked into a school and gunned down 50 children screaming Alah Akbar?

...When it's too late?

American citizen? Then, yes. Freedom first, safety second. Never trust government to be fair, reasonable, or just. And if we go that route, then we might as well be England, France, or even Somalia. We are a country of free men governed by law, or we are a country of subjects governed by thugs. There is no compromise that can survive.

So what you're saying is that if someone commits a really horrific crime...OR IS MERELY ACCUSED OF ONE then the constitution doesn't apply. You just raised the Godwin factor of this thread by a factor of about a million.

...When it's too late?

We managed to deal with criminals, spies, saboteurs, war criminals and terrorists for 210 years without throwing the constitution out the window. You want us to just give up everything the country was built on? Why? Because you're peeing in your pants in fear of a big bad terrorist coming to get you?

Man the Hell up.

This is the ACTUAL MEANING of "Freedom isn't free." You pay a price to live in a free open society. Sometimes that price is that we get attacked on our own soil. Sometimes a guilty man goes free so we don't falsely imprison many others. Did you not take civics or what?

I am sick to death of people willing to trade freedom for a false sense of security including attacking the institutions that have always separated us from dictatorships. Reactions like yours are exactly what got us the Patriot Act, illegally interned thousands of American citizens in WW2 and pretty much every other unconstitutional power grab by the executive branch I can think of.

The threat we face from the Jihadi scumbags is real and serious, but it doesn't hold a teeny little candle to the existential threat we faced from the Russkies for 50 years. A threat we managed to deal with, including many fifth column and espionage attempts, without resorting to military tribunals.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who assume a right to keep and bear arms doesn't even need to be explained will throw out every other right we have as soon as the going gets tough.

You're making precisely the same kind of hysterical argument I hear from the Antis every time there's a mass shooting. And guess what? We lose more people to those every year than we do from terrorist attacks. Maybe you should turn in your EBRs. At least you'd be consistent.

Maybe I missed something, but there was no report I saw on whether or not he had a permit. Did anyone else see anything? One would assume no with the charges filled, but you never know what a DA will file in hopes of making it stick.

Back
Top Bottom