• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Authorities Respond to Report of ’20 Victim Shooting’ Incident in San Bernardino

There were claims in some of the reports that they tried to convert their rifles to fully-automatic...

Was there actually any credible information in that regard, or was it all just idiots misunderstanding what a bullet-button is?

I've gone from never carrying to now getting myself used to carrying every time I go out. The world is a changin' and we all better change with it otherwise we eventually all become victims. Part of that thinking is to be sure I'M the only one who knows if I'm carrying or not

You are not alone by far. My daughter in law wants my son to buy another AR and she's interested in getting a hand gun to carry so she can protect the kids.

"Here's the thing. Manufacturers are allowed to build them that way with what's called a 'bullet button.' That is to say you take the tip of a button, you press... um of a bullet, you press a button and it turns your semiautomatic legal weapon into an illegal assault weapon..."

Unfortunately, this is the type of information that people see/hear on TV and think it must be real because this guy really seems sure he knows what he's talking about.

Let's pass a law to ban the bullet button. In return for eliminating the NFA. The children win, and our ears win.

Yeah, he doesn't look like a terrorist does he???

2F09D81100000578-3345744-image-m-77_1449223715080.jpg

Dunno 'bout you, but it seems like a lot of these Muslim dudes have eyes that kinda look like mine back in my college days (1979 or so), when I was drinking Smirnoff and Orange Juice for breakfast and smoking anywhere between two and three hundred joints a day...

Just sayin'

i lol'd hard when even the guy from ABC was like bro, you just said that the proposed laws still wouldn't have stopped this. then the ******* goes "aw naw man this is about the future."

what a bunch of ****ing idiots.

Idiots indeed - but idiots in power....My Dad often told us that the most dangerous man on the planet is the man who actually believes his own bullshit....

You'd have that look too if your wife looked like his...

Dunno 'bout you, but it seems like a lot of these Muslim dudes have eyes that kinda look like mine back in my college days (1979 or so), when I was drinking Smirnoff and Orange Juice for breakfast and smoking anywhere between two and three hundred joints a day...

Just sayin'

Feds have been on the perp's tail for a while. He jumped the gun and issued go time, surprised the feds.

Read the FBI's quotes and releases. Starting the first one after the event.

BTW, I read a few minutes ago, two weeks before the event, one of them told his Jewish co worker "You will never get to see Israel".

The FBI f'ed up again, my shocked face.

Last edited:
Feds have been on the perp's tail for a while. He jumped the gun and issued go time, surprised the feds.

BTW, I read a few minutes ago, two weeks before the event, one of them told his Jewish co worker "You will never get to see Israel".

do you have a source for that? Not doubting you but I've been crazy busy and out of the house all day and hadn't heard that yet. If true, this is as bad as the feds ignoring Russia's warning about flashbang and speedbump and suggests this president is intentionally allowing terror against his citizens.

do you have a source for that? Not doubting you but I've been crazy busy and out of the house all day and hadn't heard that yet. If true, this is as bad as the feds ignoring Russia's warning about flashbang and speedbump and suggests this president is intentionally allowing terror against his citizens.

Too many pieces to put together for 100% proof (which in only FBI admitting, let's face it),
that's why I recommended any reader to go about and investigate.

But:

1.I listened to some interesting items on the radio (so no linky). But, basically, Malik (the female), has been to certain areas in Pakistan that will get you flagged.

2. There's some speculation that the FBI's words: "Investigators are exploring Farook's communications with at least one person who was being investigated for possible terror connections" - well, Farook has crossed paths with some bad guys in the past (fact), tagged for future or not - nobody (besides the FBI) knows. (FBI states he was not tagged).

It comes down to this:

Green card holder from the desert from a known radicalized area, along with someone that has been in touch (in the past, as far as we know) with some person(s) of interest, end up setting up a small shop for pipe bombs, and in today's "Everything is watched" world this goes unnoticed ? Hmm..

Edit:
Found a tidbit about the woman's visit, there's a new detail here that states even Farook has been there (not sure if just Pakistan
in general, or Punjab.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/us/tashfeen-malik-islamic-state.html
Ms. Malik returned to Pakistan for college,
graduating in 2012 with a degree in pharmacy from
Bahauddin Zakariya University in Multan, a major city in Punjab.
Pakistani officials consider the area a center of support for
extremist jihadist groups, including Lashkar-e-Taiba.
A Pakistani intelligence official,
speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss a continuing investigation, said security officials were looking into Ms. Malik’s time in Pakistan,
as well as travel there by Mr. Farook"

#Edit#2, relationship between Farook and co-worker, religious/political arguments were common, but not alarming.

As for the chat with the co worker, there seems to be quite the history between one Nicholas Thalasinos (one of the slain victims), a born again Messianic Jew (Belives in Jesus Christ), and Farook:

http://nypost.com/2015/12/03/california-massacre-victim-ranted-about-muslims-on-facebook/

Last edited:
I've gone from never carrying to now getting myself used to carrying every time I go out. The world is a changin' and we all better change with it otherwise we eventually all become victims. Part of that thinking is to be sure I'M the only one who knows if I'm carrying or not
Handgun on self, bullpup Mossberg 500 in truck, 5 boxes of slugs.

N

Maybe they helped like the first trade center bombing.

Why is it that us "Old Guys" are already committed to the choice?

It may warm your heart (does mine) to know that it's not just the "old guys" but also the middle aged ones, and the younger guys too (my nephews), as well as the young girls as well that are committed to the choice. Both of my daughters wear "Molon Labe" shirts and my 19 year old tells her Facebook and Twitter “friends" to literally go eff themselves whenever they start puking out their "gun control bullsh*t" ... Oldest (28) daughter too (if she's not cleaning her G26 after a day at the range, that is)..... [wink]

Pres. speaks to the nation at 2000 tonight. This could be a good drinking game.

Sunday night. No way I'm watching that. You just know that he is going to give us that smug condescension, tell us how wonderful the muslim religion is, remind us that we can't judge islam, but that the real problem is the right to self defense and gun ownership in America. He will be above it all, preachy, wordy, and anything but genuine or honest. And no matter how low my expectations he will find a way to be worse.

And then we have his attorney general:

"The fear that you have just mentioned is in fact my greatest fear as a prosecutor, as someone who is sworn to the protection of all of the American people, which is that the rhetoric will be accompanied by acts of violence," she said.

"Now obviously this is a country that is based on free speech, but when it edges towards violence, when we see the potential for someone lifting that mantle of anti-Muslim rhetoric—or, as we saw after 9/11, violence directed at individuals who may not even be Muslims but perceived to be Muslims, and they will suffer just as much—when we see that we will take action," said Lynch.

Really? This is her "greatest fear"? Not protecting the innocent lives of people affected by islamic terror -- no, she's worried about the great unwashed americans attacking those innocent muslims. Well, nobody just and fair is advocating violence against innocent people, muslim or not. But there are quite a few unjust and unfair islamic mouthpieces out there advocating violence against innocent Americans. That should be her concern. Just unbelievable.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/obamafuture.asp

Holy shit he actually said that.

Edit: **** the "prophet of islam" and his stupid damned backward, misogynistic, homophobic, anti-freedom, pro-subservience death cult. I have no idea where people got the notion that we couldn't criticize belief just because it's based on religion. Idiocy is idiocy, regardless of how long held it may be. If I went out and started a new church based on the beliefs of islam as it's practiced in the ME it would get roundly criticized and derided by feminists, liberals, conservatives, our government, and just about anyone sensible. But drag out some such shit and wrap it up in thousands of years of belief and it's above reproach.

Last edited:
There were claims in some of the reports that they tried to convert their rifles to fully-automatic...

Was there actually any credible information in that regard, or was it all just idiots misunderstanding what a bullet-button is?

"Assault weapons" are banned in California. It's not an "assault weapon" if it has a bullet button, so modifying the bullet button into a standard magazine release turns it into an illegal "fully semiautomatic assault weapon".

See?

Back
Top Bottom