Australians With 3D Printers Turning To Disposable Barrels

mikeyp

NES Member
1613963369071.png

Australians making 3D printed guns have came up with an interesting way to get around the durability problem: interchangeable disposable barrels.

View: https://twitter.com/nswpolice/status/1293041086634418181?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1293041086634418181%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetruthaboutguns.com%2Faustralians-with-3d-printers-turn-to-disposable-barrels%2F

The frame appears to be based on the Songbird design that’s floating around the internet. Originally chambered in .22 with a plastic barrel and break-open action, the design was eventually upgraded to use a barrel liner and fire .357 Magnum rounds. The design definitely wasn’t great compared to commercially-built guns, but it worked and left the user with all their digits.

Yeah but then guess what...

People will create plans to make 3D printers from parts.

This will be a cat and mouse game forever.

Nobody can stop this.
Guy I work with bought a 3d printer for stupid shit like figurines and what not... but the model he bought needs upgrades, you can make them all on the printer... you're correct it's pandoras box...just like the rona virus and all the power the gov has

they'll institute the death penalty for it

In Soviet Union all firearm components were controlled and pretty much all citizens banned from ownership. Criminals, like everywhere, could and had guns, in our factory city plenty of people made machine guns, but if caught, you would be gone to jail forever, even worse than for a knife (which were banned too)

Any goverment or politician that/who starts discussion about gun control needs to be ejected into toilet faster than a moldy burrito

Nobody can stop this.
You're 16 years too late:

Before you could easily buy FDM printers, you could get plans for printers that could make more printers. It's turtles all the way down.

With modern tools and 3D printers, there is no way to stop the home manufacturing of guns.
Post-9/11, Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds (re-)blogged the notion that
one of the latter-day enablers of terrorism was that the march of technology
was making greater and greater "energies" available
to smaller and smaller clandestine groups.

The limit is pretty much when one guy can engineer an A-bomb or a virus
in their basement, with no collaboration or funding from anyone else.
Well, home-brewed black holes would be the real limit.

I received my Resin 3D MSLA Printer on Friday.
You sound like a man with a plan.

In Soviet Union all firearm components were controlled and pretty much all citizens banned from ownership. Criminals, like everywhere, could and had guns, in our factory city plenty of people made machine guns, but if caught, you would be gone to jail forever, even worse than for a knife (which were banned too)
I bet before the whole shooting match went up,
they were regulating hammers and sickles.

(Axes and pokers; well, that goes without saying).

Any goverment or politician that/who starts discussion about gun control needs to be ejected into toilet faster than a moldy burrito
I see your point... but I don't flush my burritos if they are moldy... generally I use the trash occasionally throw them in the woods.

Many years ago I was listening to talk radio. Gene Burns was the host so you can imagine how long ago that was. He had a guest who claimed that he wasn't a fan of guns. But he also felt that gun control was pointless. In his view, if guns weren't available commercially the black market would fill the void. He felt that even guns made from pot metal in someone's basement could be used in crimes. Granted the lifespan of these guns might be shorter but that would be irrelevant. Today when people argue with me about guns and talk about taking them away I tell them to google 3 words ' cnc gun cheap'

Nobody can stop this.

I once worked with a guy who built a 3 axis CNC router out of MDF, a couple stepper motors, ball screws, and bearings. It worked well enough you could have easily made bolt together ar lowers out of delrin or uhmwpe etc.
You are right. Nobody can stop this.

I once worked with a guy who built a 3 axis CNC router out of MDF, a couple stepper motors, ball screws, and bearings. It worked well enough you could have easily made bolt together ar lowers out of delrin or uhmwpe etc.
like this one?

like this one?
Bingo.
Maybe not the exact design he used but close enough. He first built it out of mdf then used it to cut parts out of higher quality plywood.

Boris, what criminals in the Soviet Union? Did you mean to say "talented capitalists" instead?

View: https://youtu.be/lO3P-0yvyVA

Boris, what criminals in the Soviet Union?
Pfq9hN5.gif

The best part about 3D printing is the maker community. It's to the point that there are 3D printers that have many 3D printed parts. That means if there is 1 3D printer out there, it will never end. Firmware and slicers and everywhere online. Microcomputers like Raspberry PI and Adruino are ubiquitous. The rest (steppers, guide rods, pulleys) are cheap and easily obtained (ie. not rare or specialized). You can then ask anyone with a printer to help out with the rest of the assembly parts like gears, joints, frames, etc. Anyone even remotely mechanically inclined can build one now.

Back
Top Bottom