Australian Outback Ammo .223 69gr

I'm looking for a good local (New England Area) source for Australian Outback Ammo .223 in the 69gr. I bought several boxes at Cabelas on sale about 6 Months ago. Have been doing some testing with different brands/bullet weights for my 18" AR build. It's a black hole weaponry SPR barrel and it really likes this Australian ammo. However everywhere I look now i can only fine the 55gr version.

I've had some good results with other 69gr sierra match king HPBT head rounds. like the PPU Match and the IMI Razor Corr. However the Australian I found more consistent. I reload for pistol but an considering reloading for my AR's because I can't seem to find this Australian ammo.

I reload for pistol but an considering reloading for my AR's because I can't seem to find this Australian ammo.

Reload it yourself; problem solved.
Or come on down to SE CT with your bullets, brass and powder (unless IMR 4198 will suffice - while I have some) and we can roll some and shoot them onsite.

I'm looking for a good local (New England Area) source for Australian Outback Ammo .223 in the 69gr. I bought several boxes at Cabelas on sale about 6 Months ago. Have been doing some testing with different brands/bullet weights for my 18" AR build. It's a black hole weaponry SPR barrel and it really likes this Australian ammo. However everywhere I look now i can only fine the 55gr version.

I've had some good results with other 69gr sierra match king HPBT head rounds. like the PPU Match and the IMI Razor Corr. However the Australian I found more consistent. I reload for pistol but an considering reloading for my AR's because I can't seem to find this Australian ammo.
This is exactly why I started reloading....had nothing to do with "saving" money. I spent to many Saturdays calling and driving around to find ammo.
Also what your going to find with any imported ammo Especially if they are manufacturing in Australia and shipping it in that it will come in waves.... it will be everywhere for a while then gone then a year or so later it will be back again.

the austrialian outback 69gr 223 ammo for me has also worked very well. the only place i've seen it is cabelas. it seems to frequently go on sale at like $12 a box. have you looked into Cabelas getting you a bulk order? their manager is pretty solid she can probably figure something out for you.

as pointed out above reloading is a good option but that wasn't your question so I'm not going to comment on it.

have you looked into Cabelas getting you a bulk order? their manager is pretty solid she can probably figure something out for you.

Yeah it seems like Cabelas would be your best bet. I couldn't find any online vendors that had it in stock aside from Cabelas.

Guys, I did find out what is happening with the 69gr HPBT ammo. If you notice lately Cabelas didn't have any of the 69 gr only the 55. I emailed them and a guy from the Australian Outback company said that the US market is saturated with ammo right now due to pre election jitters. He said that because of this Cabelas wanted to negotiate a cheaper price. the Australian company wouldn't move their prices. He said could be over a year before the US market sees the 69 gr again.

looks like it's time to start reloading a clone of this!

How much was the 69 grain stuff and was it sold as match?
Seems just like LQI ammo introduced at wal mart. Cheap for a while then normal prices once people start buying. It just can't be all that profitable to ship ammo from Australia to the U.S. and be very profitable. I bet they where hoping to find a state side manufacture then could not negotiate a decent price state side.

I believe it was about 15 bucks for a box of 20. They would have sales for 11-12 bucks a box. It is/was sold as a low end match round. For anyone interested I was told that there are several powders that are very similar to their formula including the popular Varget powder.

I believe it was about 15 bucks for a box of 20. They would have sales for 11-12 bucks a box. It is/was sold as a low end match round. For anyone interested I was told that there are several powders that are very similar to their formula including the popular Varget powder.

Varget would make sense...it's made down under.
Try PPU match you should get over outback with that.

Back
Top Bottom