1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Australian Immigration Policy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ochmude, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ochmude

ochmude Marine Veteran

A coworker of mine brought this to my attention recently. Australian has gone full retard in several ways, especially concerning firearms. However, they seriously have their s**t together when it comes to defending their border. They don't really leave their policy open to interpretation.

Flier-English-high-res.jpg

source: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/Translations/English-m.asp

2 people like this.

2. CockedAndLocked

CockedAndLocked Banned

3. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

I like your sig line. It's pretty much the same point I've been trying to make lately: if the US government refuses to protect the borders from invasion - then the government has no reason to exist and needs to be disbanded and a new one needs to get formed.

4. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

This is what the US needs to do - become hostile to illegal immigration.

If the government won't do it - then we're going to have to do it ourselves.

And by hostile - I mean outright hostility. People need to be driven out - and when they go back home they need to tell all their friends "America sucks - don't go there".

This is pretty much the only recourse left because the government outright refuses to do it's job.

2 people like this.
  5. loneranger

loneranger NES Member

Texas Gov Perry recently "requested" 1000 National Guard troops help...???

Why doesn't Perry (and any border governor) declare a state emergency and call up their Guard units under State Duty? Is the issue Perry wants the Federal govt to pay and not Texas?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  6. mac1911

mac1911 NES Member

I myself have been wondering why Texas has not declared a state of emergency also. Call up all 19,000 NG and place them on the boarder. ? Are the "state" no longer sovereign?
    So what's next?

7. beaker

beaker NES Member

The problem is everyone is playing at power politics instead of fixing the problem. Set up an assembly line with doctors, some new cloths* a hot meal, 20 judges to get the 10 minite hearing out of way and jets waiting to take them home. After 3 airliners show up back in their own country the word will get out fast.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

8. CockedAndLocked

CockedAndLocked Banned

I'm assuming there is some reason CA, AZ, and TX can't put a few thousand on planes south. It wouldn't cost much.

9. M1911

M1911 Moderator NES Member

Perry doesn't want to lose Latino votes in the next election. He wants Obama to solve the problem so that when the inevitable controversies happen it will be Obama's fault, not his.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rivers of Blood

Rivers of Blood Banned

But Austria is a landlocked country SARC. The only issue I have with the poster is that it says you can still come to Australia legally . Legal or not, Western countries and those derived from Western people do not need any non- Western immigration. Do people really favor becoming demographic minorities in their own countries?

11. loneranger

loneranger NES Member

Not so much.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. jpk

jpk

Its because Texas is mucho dependant on the federal gooberment teat.

Texas may be doing better than most states economically but under Perry, the state of texas has dramatically increased what it takes in money from the feds.

Dependancy on federal money is what is killing us and preventing states from telling rogue components of the executive branch from FOAD

13. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

exactly, .gov taxes more and more, then using "kickbacks" as a way to control states. It's very addictive and in the end, states effectively have little rights or power, fed controls it all.

14. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

LOL, that's awesome.

I agree with calsdad that America should be hostile to illegals. We should also be hostile to those who harbor, hire, or otherwise help illegals to shortcut the system in place that was supposed to protect our borders and ultimately us.

This whole thing is an insult to everyone who faced adversity entering the US despite facing REAL and imminent danger in their home countries. I have many specific examples to support this: family friend who had been imprisoned, beaten, and tortured by his home country of Ethiopia for simply marrying an Eritrian woman and possibly for having a high level education; friends' families who fled Cambodia or Vietnam to escape a brutal death; Kurds escaping genocide in Saddam's Iraq... All were educated and/or were skilled in a trade. Despite these factors, they faced significant challenges to stay in the US, let alone collect family from abroad and ultimately gain citizenship.

Oh, silly me- these folks would be contibutors not takers. We'll have none of that.[banghead]

The nitwits supporting today's debacle say, 'Waaa, we must save them from horrible places like Guatemala, etc. blah blah blah.'. I doubt any of these dipshit parrots have been there (yes, I have) nor have the most minute clue about what is spewing from their pie hole. These places are nowhere near the bottom of the dung heap when comparing countries with the worst standards of living. You can actually have a decent life on limited resources in a country like Guatemala. No, it's not a cakewalk but it's not hell either. The border crashers are not coming here to escape hell, they are coming here to suck from the giant, ever-flowing government tit- I would wager 99.9% of them.

I like Australia's approach- it makes me happy. We should expect this from the government that is supposed to be representing us. Yeah, yeah- fat chance...

I actually like how Thai people 'handled' their government lately. Polls not working to oust a corrupt government? Can't eject leadership that rules only to serve itself- one that stays in power via pandering to and growing a dependant class? Get some help from G.I. Joe!

Go yellow shirts, and go yellow (Gadsden) flags. Rant not over, just on pause.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. heron163

heron163 NES Member

Australia... let's see how the policy works when faced with a wave of 300,000 child immigrants...

the era of volkswanderung is upon us...

16. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

I pretty much agree with everything you mentioned, but I think there is one further thing that has been corrupted by the current day pro-immigration people.

The constantly claim " the US is a country full of immigrants". Well that is pretty much true - but - in the past when there was huge waves of immigration, we didn't just let in all the retched refuse. People who weren't sponsored - were turned away. People who had disease - were turned away. Criminals were turned away. People from certain groups - were turned away. And that huge wave of immigration in latter half of the 1800's and into the early 1900's - HAD TO WORK - and - THEY CAME IN LEGALLY.

And during the time that was happening the country was pretty much the most prosperous it's ever been.

What is going on now is NO WAY resembles the waves of immigration of the past.

And like you said - these people are NOT coming from the worst places in the world.

17. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Pretty effing easy when you don't have any land borders to worry about.

The volume we face dwarfs Australia's influx.

Also, their PM is basically GW with an Aussie accent.

18. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Mostly true, but the laws have been changed to the point now that when people do try to follow the laws, it can literally take 10 plus years to become a citizen. I don't believe that was true back in 1800's and early 1900's. From what I've read, it was a 5 year requirement to reside within the US and have signed affidavits from two US citizens attesting to his upstanding moral character. among other things. As long as you weren't sick, a criminal or the wrong color, we'd let you IN to the country and then you'd be on your own for 5 years before you could apply for citizenship.

19. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

So the excuse is to just break the laws?

There's also 310 plus million people in the country now, a huge amount of unemployed - and an economy that is going further and further towards high skilled labor.

There's also huge governmental debt - and 100's of millions of people all around the world who would likely emigrate here if they had the chance.

Unfortunately that means some sort of limits have to be placed.

So your argument is that whoever runs across the border gets to stay? That's the new "immigration policy"?

That reminds me of some of the stories I've heard about Britain - where people go away on vacation, come back - and somebody else is living in their house. AND THEY CAN'T GET THEM OUT. The law actually protects the squatters.

Now if you want to argue that we should get rid of ALL the laws around citizenship and so forth - along with getting rid of ALL of the government welfare - and basically make the entirety of the USA a free-for-all - I'd be more willing to go along with that - than the current state of things where people who ostensibly do the right thing as a "citizen" - are basically getting screwed - and the government gives away the farm to people who break the lawn THEIR LAWS.

The whole entirely of the current way of things is just so goddam retarded on so many levels it's hard to put it into words.

20. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Maybe not so much.

Mexican / US border is
    The Australian coastline is:

http://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/geographic-information/dimensions/coastline-lengths

US - Mexican border = 3,145 km

Australian coastline = 59,736 km

I'm thinking Australia probably wins for "hard to patrol border".

I bet if by some chance people actually do make land and enter Australia - THEY GET SENT BACK.

The poster says "without a Visa".

I bet the Australians don't just say "well you made it across the border - **** it - we'll just let you loose" - like we do here in the US.

21. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

I am simply pointing out that the comparison between the wave of immigration we saw in the 1800s and 1900s is vastly different from what we see now. The laws were much more lax than what they are now.

I believe wholeheartedly that our immigration policy needs rewriting. The one we currently have is busted and has been for decades. It is one of the few things I agreed with GW on. He was a Texas governor who understood that migrant workers serve a purpose in our economy and we should absolutely revamp the system to better track them and make it easy for them to work here, pick our food and then go the hell home when the crops have been picked. But NOOOO...neither party can come to any agreement on how best to deal with this.

22. pernox

pernox

Stop the welfare. ALL of it, and open the borders. You either work for what you have, or have nothing. Full stop. Wanna stop the leeches? Take away the food source.

23. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

And where would all the .gov service agencies be then? All those .gov workers out of a job? Besides, it's entirely too simplistic to work:(

24. mremski

mremski

Put them on a plane? No way. I say we get members of the Kennedy family to drive busloads of them back over the border. Why? They have to cross a bridge and a river and with a Kennedy driving...

:)

25. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Illegal immigrants are not migrant workers. Jamaicans have been coming up to the Northeast for decades to do apple picking - and I don't see anybody having a problem with that. They come, make their money - and go home.

If what we were dealing with here was a migrant worker problem - then they wouldn't have to steal across the border in the middle of the night.

I honestly blame the Democrats more for this than the Republicans. They're the ones who have gone to the full retard end of the scale because they'd like to just let in everybody and put them on welfare. When people like Nancy Pelosi go and stand on the border and make dumb-ass comments like " Everybody is an American" - and people in this forum go to their town hall and get told by town workers : " they have just as much right to be here as you do" - all of that crap is coming from the left side of the political aisle.

I don't see any sort of commentary that even approaches that level of retardation vis a' vis "giving away the farm" - coming out of the right. At it's worst the right would just completely shut the border and block EVERYBODY. Which given all the other problems I mentioned - I honestly see as a more reasonable potential policy than what the left would do if given free reign.

26. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Not to worry. The host will be dead soon...

27. Billsail

Billsail NES Member

The not so well thought out raising of the minimum wage, has done little to stem the tide. Far from the primary attraction, but an additional incentive nonetheless. [thinking]

28. mark056

mark056 NES Member

You don't get Texas at all. Most don't. It's a big Hispanic State and will be part of the Neuvo Mexico if the US ever splits up. La Raza is really big down there. Get over this idea that it is some kind of free state just because you like their gun laws and Rick Perry. He's going to do nothing to piss off the Hispanic population there.

29. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

But many of the hispanics that actually jumped the hurdles, waited in line, filled out all the forms, and immigrated legally are pissed at the fact that virtually anyone can now just walk across the border and get an EBT card.
    How is this fair to them or anyone else who actually followed our laws ????

30. mark056

mark056 NES Member

I don't think you understand the dynamics of borderland culture and the porous border that has always existed along the Rio Grande. You are trying to turn this into some kind of big philosophical discussion but unless you are from the southwest or have lived in Texas (as I have you won't get it) nor will you comprehend the concept of LaRaza and the feeling that Mexico rightfully is entitled to the lands ceded to the US after the Mexican American War. Stick to what you know about.

Soon, very soon Hispanics will constitute the largest minority of all minorities in the United States and the majority of them will be very sympathetic to their undocumented brothers and sisters.

It is also important not to lump all Hispanic cultures together, but in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California Mexican culture and a distinctive Mexican hybrid border culture has emerged, matured and is extremely sympathetic to the porous border concept. One of the great challenges the GOP faces is wooing this demographic and it must tread very carefully on immigration issues. Oh sure you can dredge some articles by successful Hispanic businessmen who deplore the flooding of our borders, but they really are the exception and not the rule. Spend some time in the barrios of LA or San Antonio and you will get a different sensing all together. I love you arm chair Yankee self styled experts...go enjoy NH Zappa, and BTW on an entirely different topic Browning never made a stainless Hi Power, it's a brushed nickel gun, don't believe me? Do your research.