• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Aurora SWAT Walks Away From Standoff; Wanted To ‘Avoid Unnecessary Confrontation’

Reptile

NES Member
AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) – Aurora police had their man cornered. On Sept. 24 they responded to a home in the Conservatory neighborhood for what they described as a “felony child abuse investigation.” They said the homeowner, Eric Burns, 39, “had a valid misdemeanor no bond DV (domestic violence) warrant out of Denver.” Additionally, APD believed Burns had assaulted his son and abused his daughter.

It's no mystery, I think most of us know why the police walked away. For those who don't know, it was to avoid riots. If this guy was a white, he'd either be arrested or dead, end of story. Either way, there would be no riots. So, this is the new normal, de-escalation tactics? Liberal politicians who control the police will now allow violent criminals and whackos to walk freely among us just to avoid riots.

Not being privy to the conversations with the negotiator, there's a lot we don't know. The police leadership may have shown unusually good restraint and judgment, the kind we NESers hope for, or they may be pussies. To me it mostly depends on how much of a threat he is to the general public.

What I'm not understanding is why they haven't found him. Why didn't they covertly surveil the house 24/7 along with attaching a tracker to his car, assuming he had one.

Can't they just play loud music until he surrenders...???

"Da, da da dun dun... da, da dun dun..."

ArcticYoungDeermouse-max-1mb.gif

*For full viewing effect:
STEP 1) Turn volume to 11
STEP 2) Find a sturdy coffee table to stand on (or the hood of a car, any car, if out-of-doors)
STEP 3) Press "PLAY" on the above video link
STEP 4) Spray a little WD-40 into the wind while quoting:

I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like victory. ~ Lt Colonel Kilgore

Last edited:
Not being privy to the conversations with the negotiator, there's a lot we don't know. The police leadership may have shown unusually good restraint and judgment, the kind we NESers hope for, or they may be pussies. To me it mostly depends on how much of a threat he is to the general public.

What I'm not understanding is why they haven't found him. Why didn't they covertly surveil the house 24/7 along with attaching a tracker to his car, assuming he had one.
they will just wait, they will come back with more men and a swifter approach like they did with the gym owner in NJ or some where.

Shelby Steele talks about various forms of power, and in minority communities it's the power of victimization. Some forms of power are political, financial, force, etc. But if you belong to a group that claims they are victims (lets say of systemic or police racism), and people see riots, stores looted, buildings burned, etc as a result, your claim of victimization is your power. Nobody is going to touch you because they don't want to be seen as oppressive, the bad guy, and they don't want to start a riot. The police, or whoever, don't want to be splashed across the news. So as long as you can play the victim card, you have that power.

In this case they blew it by backing off and not using surveillance on the house and taking him quietly. That should have been step two.

So the cops do nothing and choose not to arrest this child rapist?

Check your privilege.

It's no mystery, I think most of us know why the police walked away. For those who don't know, it was to avoid riots. If this guy was a white, he'd either be arrested or dead, end of story. Either way, there would be no riots. So, this is the new normal, de-escalation tactics? Liberal politicians who control the police will now allow violent criminals and whackos to walk freely among us just to avoid riots.
the beat cops don’t care about riots, they care about not ending up in prison because their chief and DA have no f***ing spine

i've been deescalating for decades, it's why i cross to the opposite sidewalk when i see the african posse walking straight at me.

Well, we don't know all the facts.

The point is, nobody got killed. That's the one thing that you can't take back.

He apparently had a warrant (or more than one) for his arrest, but being accused does not rate summary execution, and neither does the statute, should he be convicted.

Not having a shoot is better than a "good shoot", IMO

That said, leaving a few beartraps on the ground might have been a plan.

Back
Top Bottom