Aurora, CO Shooter Doesn't Want to Die (Update post 88)

**Update post 88, prosecution to seek death penalty***

If you're afraid of death, I guess you're not insane and therefore can stand trial.

He fears death so much that he offered to take a guilty plea for life in prison (with no parole). With that new information, I can't think of a better (legal) punishment than death.

Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes has offered to plead guilty and spend the rest of his life behind bars in exchange for avoiding the death penalty, according to court documents filed Wednesday.

Prosecutors have not accepted the offer because they may choose to pursue the death penalty.

"Prior to arraignment, Mr. Holmes made an offer to the prosecution to resolve this case by pleading guilty and spending the rest of his life in prison, without any opportunity for parole," the documents read.

Colo. shooting suspect offers to plead guilty | National News - WMUR Home

Last edited:
Death penalty, please.

The innocent people he murdered didnt get a choice.

Neither should he.

period. Plus ive always felt the death penalty was a darn good deterrent.

Yet another murderer that doesn't want to die. So what message are we sending them by granting their wish to not be executed? They did that very thing to innocent people yet now we're supposed to find mercy on them. I say firing squad is most appropriate for these idiots. They may be less inclined to do it knowing whats coming.

I say give each victim's family member 5 minutes with him.

Fear death, do ya? Let him out of prison. Just open the door. There ya go, see ya later. I suggest something other than orange hair. Good luck. Buh Bye.

Another vote for pursuing the death penalty. Hopefully he gets it, and spends just enough time on death row to live in terror for a bit before dying, but without languishing for years on the taxpayers' dimes.

Either way, he's going to do die. At the hands of the State, at the hands of the inmates, or at the hands of the one person who cannot tolerate his existence on this planet anymore.

Another vote for pursuing the death penalty. Hopefully he gets it, and spends just enough time on death row to live in terror for a bit before dying, but without languishing for years on the taxpayers' dimes.

**** that. I say put him on death row and every other day have him shaved down and then ... Oh, you got a reprieve.

Ever read "Invitation to a Beheading" by Nabakov?

Death penalty, please.

The innocent people he murdered didnt get a choice.

Neither should he.

period. Plus ive always felt the death penalty was a darn good deterrent.

Evidently it wasn't in this case, or he wouldn't have. The death penalty is great to stop recidivism, but I have a major problem with the wrongly convicted getting murdered by the state.

If you're afraid of death, I guess you're not insane and therefore can stand trial.

He fears death so much that he offered to take a guilty plea for life in prison (with no parole). With that new information, I can't think of a better (legal) punishment than death.

Colo. shooting suspect offers to plead guilty | National News - WMUR Home

I say we dress him up like the Joker like the first time Batman killed him and drop him from a heli about 100ft so he won't have time to reach terminal velocity and he suffers.

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom