August 4, 2019 - 9 dead, 16 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio.

I’m sorry but a gun is a gun. All this grandstanding about military style this and that is BS. Look what the VT shooter did with a couple of hand guns. It just doesn’t matter. So while it is sad that these events happen, trying to ban a particular style of firearm is a useless exercise but of course makes some folks feel emotionally more secure.

The Dems need an angle of attack, otherwise people may start to realize these attacks are a result of their own disastrous policies. If they can annoy and inconvenience gun owners at the same time it's a bonus, but the real motive is to keep the public from asking inconvenient questions, like:
1. why are 100% of these shootings in gun free zones?
2. What part is being played by the multi billion dollar mental health drug business that pays for their campaigns?
3. If the left has done such a great job running our schools and curating our cultural norms, why are most of the shooters young men raised in this liberal greenhouse?

Last edited:
A gun makes it easier though. You'd be a fool to think otherwise and make all gun owners look bad by using this as a talking point.

Really? One guy in Paris killed 86 people and wounded 456 more. With a truck. Guns are less effective if your goal is mass indiscriminate killing.

What was the name of the alternative system of background checks, the one that licenses the owner and doesn’t result in a gun registry like UBC does?

Some curious tidbits in there. Family appears to lean left, for one.

Ohio shooter killed his sister and her boyfriend.

Hmmmmm....
Yep. Makes one wonder if the trigger might have been some sort of sibling domestic dispute that pushed a tightly-wound, low impulse control liberal kid over the edge.

p.s. I've travel to Dayton off and on over the last 25 years. We used to stay downtown @ the Crown Plaza which is walking distance from where the shooting took place. It's a yuppified area. I think I've even been in the specific restaurant/building outside where it took place, ~19 years ago.

Last edited:
Really? One guy in Paris killed 86 people and wounded 456 more. With a truck. Guns are less effective if your goal is mass indiscriminate killing.

Even if I weren't libertarian-minded, I would disagree for purely practical reasons with the left-wing premise that choking down on the availability/legality of owning firearms of various sorts is a valid strategy for reducing mass killings. Humans adapt and overcome, and Democrats never seem to ask what a human will do if they want to commit mass murder and can't get a gun. One explanation is that it really is all about giving the government complete and ultimate power over the people. The other is that they can't think more than one move ahead, even when the world provides them examples of what humans can do to commit mass murder when they don't have guns.

From the article:
Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley told the media in a 7 a.m. press conference that the gunman used a .223-caliber high-capacity magazine rifle.
Dafug is a "high-capacity magazine rifle"? I suppose it means the rifle could accept high capacity magazines. The article makes no mention of the size of the magazines used. More moronic or deliberately misleading newspeak I supposed. I can't tell which.

Watching the briefing now.
AR pistol with 100 round magazine and a shotgun in the truck of his car. Anyone want to bet rifle caliber pistols will be next on the lefts hit list.

I’m honestly amazed more American killers don’t use trucks.
Incendiaries get you much higher body counts with less effort, though. The largest act of mass murder in New York was committed with jet fuel (albeit delivered by airplanes), the second deadliest: one United States dollars-worth of gasoline. And look at what just happened at Kyoto.

Most people will do absolutely nothing to increase their chances of survival in today's society......not even improve their situational awareness.....not one bit. They basically live hour to hour in their own little bubble and are lulled into thinking that yesterday was good, today was good, so tomorrow, next week, next month will also be good.

Can’t like/quote/emphasize this enough. Stop looking at your damn phone and look at what’s around you.

This weekend, how many died by cars? How many cell phone related? Alcohol or drug related related? I went through 300 rounds today and didn't hurt a soul.

It must be because in MA we are way ahead of the gun control. We control weapons of mass destruction well. You can't possibly purchase highly powdered rifle with super dangerous bun stock. Your magazines are limited to those puny little things and not to 23 centimeters bullets always available in other states. 300 rounds are a little bit excessive, though, we have scientific reports showing us that polar bears will be fatter if we will limit your daily allowance to 30 rounds. That should be enough for a sportsman like you! [wave]

“Oh man. I’m sick of the world and that guy got on CNN. Lemme go load my mags.”

Not a fighter but nature, but this country came to this when we pussified it. Everything is talked about and no one gets a kick in the teeth anymore.

“Oh man. I’m sick of the world and that guy got on CNN. Lemme go load my mags.”

Not a fighter but nature, but this country came to this when we pussified it. Everything is talked about and no one gets a kick in the teeth anymore.

I have to be careful not to upset 5th dentist because I am not allowed to comment on America. So, take it with a grain of salt when I am telling you that we are the last one. Every other country rounded up sheep very easily. The only problem is with the growing wolves population because it appears that wolves have their own rules and our programs do not interest them.

We are now leaving a social democratic stage and we are entering the commie lite stage. Many things will change and gun control will be the easy one to stomach, my friend.

Just like in MA already, your votes will not matter, your accomplishments will not matter, your opinions will not matter........What will matter, though, will be the undeniable superiority of the Untouchable Democratic Party!

no.jpg

Last edited:
It must be because in MA we are way ahead of the gun control. We control weapons of mass destruction well. You can't possibly purchase highly powdered rifle with super dangerous bun stock. Your magazines are limited to those puny little things and not to 23 centimeters bullets always available in other states. 300 rounds are a little bit excessive, though, we have scientific reports showing us that polar bears will be fatter if we will limit your daily allowance to 30 rounds. That should be enough for a sportsman like you! [wave]
Well, I probably only hit the target 30 times. Does that count?

Back
Top Bottom