• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AUG 24" bbls new $490 shipped

As the AUG is in MA as both a "preban" gun and a "postban" gun, you all might be interested in this.

New factory FN made cold hammer forged and chrome lined 24" heavy LMG barrels for the AUG (complete with gas system and VFG) are on sale for $490 shipped. Drop shipped from Steyr when ordered from PJS-steyraug.com (you have to call or email).

Half of everyone reading this will think $490!!!1!1!!! for a barrel??!?!??!!? but 24" LMG barrels consistently sell for $2,000 on the used market.

Better news to accompany the cheap barrels is that Manticore Arms has designed the new bipod for Steyr (for use on these 24" barrels) which will be produced "ASAP".

Pic of bipod below.

If you want in on this, it won't last - get it while you can.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/428884_24_AUG_heavy_barrels____475.html

Per Steyr's requirements, the bipods are made of anodized aluminum, weight is 14 ounces (under one pound was the requirement), legs are length adjustable, and the bipod locks in the deployed and folded position. The bipod can rotate 20 degrees in either direction to accommodate uneven terrain, and is rotation limited by a new barrel nut (not shown). Fins keep a similar look to the original, and protect the leg extension locks from accidental deployement, and also protect the hands from a hot barrel when folded.

The physical prototypes are in production right now. Here are some shots of the 3D computer models.

AUGBIPODFRONT073114.jpg

AUGBIPODREAR073114.jpg

Oh boy!! more stuff to empty my wallet, it just never ends.

Any idea on price for bi-pod??

100_5676_zps50b828d6.jpg

I kinda like this setup better, know anything about it??

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, why would you want a 24" for a bullpup?

Limited run= Collectors item, like pretty much everything made for the AUG. 9mm conversion kit is already banned from importation to the US, someday another collectors item.

Still very compact for a 24" barrel.

Oh boy!! more stuff to empty my wallet, it just never ends.

Any idea on price for bi-pod??

I kinda like this setup better, know anything about it??

No idea on price for the bipod, but I imagine it will be in the 200 dollar realm.

That setup is from the Uruguayan military. It uses a modified A3 grip rail that accepts the quick detach HS 50 heavy duty bipod.
A normal A3 grip rail mounted on an AUG with a bipod would accomplish the same thing.

Limited run= Collectors item, like pretty much everything made for the AUG. 9mm conversion kit is already banned from importation to the US, someday another collectors item.

Still very compact for a 24" barrel.

Overall length of the AUG with 24" barrel is 36".
Compare that to the 20" M16 at 39".

I have an original 24" barrel, it's not too great for offhand shooting, but is perfect on a bench or prone. The original 24" barrel is the same barrel used in the AUG open bolt LMG. The heavy barrel and bipod were part of the design features of the LMG, these new FN made barrels are made to the exact same specifications and use the same original Austrian mandrels. An AMAZING deal at $490 shipped (bipod or not).

Back
Top Bottom