Auburn 3 Gun Shoot

Please note: This is the first time doing this here, so they are going to be very cautious about rules and safety. It would be nice if you are nearby and want to try this out.

We are having a three gun shoot at the ASC on Saturday, June 29th. Sign up is from 8-9am, with the first shot at 9:00am. Once the first shot goes off, there will be no other entries accepted. It is a single elimination shoot. All calibers are welcome, but shotguns require #8 shot. The cost is $10 per person, and it's open to the public. The shoot is being held on the rifle range, so the pistol range will remain open to all other members who choose to use it. There is limited parking, so carpooling is encouraged.

https://www.facebook.com/events/168233753348514/?ref=22

Auburn Sportsmans Club

Auburn Sportsman's Club

https://www.facebook.com/ASC1932

Last edited:
Might try this again this Spring. Anyone interested? The last one was the first time trying this. We did rifle, then shotgun, then pistol; 2 at a time, with timer and against each other; disqualified if you violate safety rules or go past time. I did well, but DQ' for the time, which they yelled and I didn't really hear that well. They need a horn or whistle or something for it to really sink in.

Last edited:
I have a group of guys that would def be interested. How many stages? Round counts? I am def looking forward to it.

Sounds fun. I've never done one of these. Not to be dumb but how does it all work? Do we bring our own rifle, pistol & shotgun or do we all use the same ones?

If you have your own, bring it. Otherwise, you can maybe borrow something. Check the links. I think they wanted steel shot shotgun ammo, but also had some available for sale. It is pretty wide open as to what to shoot. The other one we did was the club's first. People had a 30-30, 9mm carbine, and AR for rifles. I think 1911's and 9mm's for pistol, and Mossbergs for shotguns. Was fun and interesting. Was also safe and competitive. A good time was had.

Note the date. The original posting here was for June 2013. I think we are going to plan another for this year, but no date just yet.

I'm super stoked for this. It will be my first event. I have some of the equipment, not all of it though...but certainly have the will to learn from those more experienced, and also teach what I know to anyone willing to learn.

for reference, I'll be using the following Stag 3G with MTAC 1x4 and offset irons...a S&W 1911 e series if I don't get a 92fs beretta in the meantime...and a Mossberg JMPro 930. I spent all year last year saving for 3 gun stuff...only to find out there are little to no 3 gun competitions in this area.

Watch some YouTube videos if you haven't done that yet. They'll REALLY pump you up for a match! I look forward to meeting some new people and having a good time...ASC is a great location. If anyone wants to meet up ahead of time, I have a place we can practice that will need some setup, but other than that it's good to go.

-Mike

I might be interested, I don't have a decent 12ga pump though. I have a pistol grip 12ga, and a double barrel 12ga, neither of which would be much good for this from what I can tell. I at the very least want to come check this out!

I'm curious since this is new to Auburn, what kind of match are you putting on is there going to be multipe stages? Is there going to be enough room for shooting while moving are you going to be setting up barricades and how long are the shots going to be for rifle close up (50 or less), 100 yrds, 200? What kind of scoring is expected are you using steel, USPSA/IDPA targets?

Thanks there is a need for 3-gun in Mass

I'm curious since this is new to Auburn, what kind of match are you putting on is there going to be multipe stages? Is there going to be enough room for shooting while moving are you going to be setting up barricades and how long are the shots going to be for rifle close up (50 or less), 100 yrds, 200? What kind of scoring is expected are you using steel, USPSA/IDPA targets?

See post #3. You just progress as quickly as possible, following all safety rules, from rifle to shotgun to pistol. Is that considered multiple stages? No barricades, the guns are just set up on two tables per person, and you just work your way across. Rifle is about 100 yards, shotgun pretty close, and pistol also fairly close. Sorry I don't have the distances. Scoring was how many targets you hit in what kind of time. Sorry I don't have more for you. This is not part of any league or organization like USPSA or IDPA as far as I know.

Would love to bring this back. Seems to be a trap and lounge kind of place lately. They did put in a .22 "plate rack".

Never any shooting events, other than WOT and 1st Shots. Would love to see some instructional stuff and training.

By the way, the "Board of Directors" drives this stuff, and elections are coming up.

Back
Top Bottom