Attorney General Maura Healey Issues Guidance on Bruen

GOAL

NES Member
Maura Healey.jpeg

Attorney General Maura Healey Issues Guidance on Bruen

Surprisingly, AG Maura Healey released some guidance to law enforcement and the licensing system as a whole concerning last week’s landmark Second Amendment civil rights decision New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen.

It appears she has changed course and is, at least in part, capitulating and correcting some of the injustices the 2A community has faced for decades. Among these are:

“Licensing authorities should cease enforcement of the “good reason” provision of the license-to-carry statute in response to Bruen. Authorities should no longer deny, or impose restrictions on, a license to carry because the applicant lacks a sufficiently good reason to carry a firearm. An applicant who is neither a “prohibited person” or “unsuitable” must be issued an unrestricted license to carry.”

We do not believe that this guidance covers the entirety of the decision, whether legally or in the spirit of it. We will continue to review it and respond accordingly if needed.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/ago-eopss-ltc-guidance/download

I did. I posted that in the duplicate thread where they did not exist. Someone combined it into a single thread.
Sorry didn't notice that the threads got merged... way too much going on right now to follow all of the questions and responses

She is not pleased as her favorite subjects the criminals will be in more danger now. Hence the pissed off look.
Yeah, you can carry now, but expect them to up the penalties and prosecutions for any self help involving a gun outside the home. Think bizzaro world stand your ground.

"unsuitable' is the problem that Bruen is supposed to solve though. Looks like another trip to court. She just tried to do the teeniest tiniest little thing she could do to get by and called it "Here's my new stake in the ground". I say time to pull out the bulldozer on this insanity and bulldoze her stake in the ground stopping when we hit the pacific ocean.

Who determines "unsuitable"?
“determination of unsuitability shall be based on: (i) reliable and credible information that the applicant or licensee has exhibited or engaged in behavior that suggests that, if issued a license, the applicant or licensee may create a risk to public safety; or (ii) existing factors that suggest that, if issued a license, the applicant or licensee may create a risk to public safety.”

I suspect it'll take another court case to instruct the Commonwealth that "may create" and "suggest" are not the appropriate standard of proof.

“determination of unsuitability shall be based on: (i) reliable and credible information that the applicant or licensee has exhibited or engaged in behavior that suggests that, if issued a license, the applicant or licensee may create a risk to public safety; or (ii) existing factors that suggest that, if issued a license, the applicant or licensee may create a risk to public safety.”

I suspect it'll take another court case to instruct the Commonwealth that "may create" and "suggest" are not the appropriate standard of proof.

That's just a loophole so big you can drive a truck through it.

That's just a loophole so big you can drive a truck through it.
Kinda.

The CoP needs to be willing to revoke based on that loophole, and back it up in court, under guidance from NYSRPA v. Bruen, with the knowledge that FPC/Comm2A/etc are dying to collect money nationwide and run it up the flagpole.

That is, he is ready to see his name in italics, for eternity, next to Bruen's.

Last edited:
If she wasn't a spiteful power hungry bitch, the smart move would be to sell this to the liberals as, "we are ending discriminatory licensing against women, the poor, historically oppressed minorities, communities of color, and alphabet people by police departments across the Commonwealth regardless of the Trumphitler's Supreme Court ruling on the subject to help them help protect themselves in the current climate of unrest and threats from white supremacists".

She is not pleased as her favorite subjects the criminals will be in more danger now. Hence the pissed off look.
I don’t think she cares about them beyond the votes they can provide. Criminal=democrat. Minority=democrat. Gay=democrat.

She hates gun owners because they largely follow a different political ideology than her and she takes that as a personal attack on “the first openly gay AG.”

The quotes were her words. We are Nazis because we don’t fall in line with the LGBLT agenda.

Back
Top Bottom