Attleboro Municipal Council Meeting

lowbuckbob

NES Member
My son told me his co-workers were talking about an Attleboro Municipal Council Meeting this Sunday. One of the items on the agenda is about hunting restrictions. I am not an Attleboro resident so I don't have a dog in this fight but my son's friends are and they plan on going to the meeting, even though it is conveniently scheduled in conflict with the Patriots game. (Sorry if this is a dupe)

http://www.cityofattleboro.us/citycouncil/meetings/pdf/dec42016.pdf

Doubtless will get blown up for this but the only part of this that bothers me is that I would have to notify the city if I am allowing hunting on my land. I own 15 wooded acres and my wife, kids, grandkids, friends, etc. all walk the paths that I've cut through....and no, I do NOT want any hunters on it. Period. But if I did change my mind, I should NOT have to notify the town. Ron

Doubtless will get blown up for this but the only part of this that bothers me is that I would have to notify the city if I am allowing hunting on my land. I own 15 wooded acres and my wife, kids, grandkids, friends, etc. all walk the paths that I've cut through....and no, I do NOT want any hunters on it. Period. But if I did change my mind, I should NOT have to notify the town. Ron

That's your first mistake. You don't own the land, you rent it from the Government. Stop thinking you're free or you own anything.

Now, that's an interesting take on our private property rights. How much land do you own, oh I mean don't own?

Well, I don't hunt in attleboro so I don't know their town laws, but by mass law you have to post land you don't want people on. Otherwise while it might be nice to get permission, its not required to do so to hunt on your land.

Well, I don't hunt in attleboro so I don't know their town laws, but by mass law you have to post land you don't want people on. Otherwise while it might be nice to get permission, its not required to do so to hunt on your land.

And when asked to leave you have to leave .

i won't flame you---your property, your rules. i'm jealous u have 15 acres

Iv found its easier to leave my family's land unposted. 42 acres in palmer and when I had it posted every time id try to hunt it or drop trees the police would show up and give me a hard time. Guess its to much to run a plate on the vehicle parked at the gate and seeing the Last name is the same but what do I know

My son told me his co-workers were talking about an Attleboro Municipal Council Meeting this Sunday. One of the items on the agenda is about hunting restrictions. I am not an Attleboro resident so I don't have a dog in this fight but my son's friends are and they plan on going to the meeting, even though it is conveniently scheduled in conflict with the Patriots game. (Sorry if this is a dupe)

http://www.cityofattleboro.us/citycouncil/meetings/pdf/dec42016.pdf
That lady is a crazy anti-hunter individual. She attacked her brother with a knife recently. She lives across the street from conservation land and is pissed some archery may be going on there. Nutz.

Last edited:
The whole plan seems pretty dumb. I mean having to go get more permission from the town along with a lecture after you already have your license. Also, does attleboro already have a law stating that the only place one can hunt is private land with permission, or is this some new or dumb interpretation of state law?

yeah.. she's a former city councilor.... when I was on the Attleboro Conservation Commission, she got us involved in a neighborhood beef where this Indian couple who lived next to her was spraying Roundup on some poison ivy on their property. Since it was close to the wetlands, we had to tell them that was a no-no.

What kind of nitwit does something like that.. she's a whacko liberal busy-body who can't mind her business.

That lady is a crazy anti-hunter individual. She attacked her brother with a knife recently. She lives across the street from conservation land and is pissed some archery may be going on there. Nutz.

Well.. I met a guy at my club the other night running for City Council in Attleboro. Nice guy, pro-hunting 2A etc... Told me that the anti-hunting ordinance was defeated 6-5 last time around. There are a few others running who would flip the vote. Notably local insane moonbat Roxanne Houghton. Anyone in Attleboro with 1/4 of a brain should know that the last person who needs any power in any elected seat is this f***ing whackjob. Google her if you need examples.

Tell your Attleboro friends to consider Dale Rheaume for the council seat at large. Dale Rheaume for Attleboro City Council

Back
Top Bottom