• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Attleboro man convicted of smuggling handguns into Massachusetts

Apparently his possession of 144 rounds of ammo is considered a more serious crime than selling cheap handguns to drug dealers.

I guess a "known" drug trafficker was ok but selling firearms broke the camels back.

Back in the day, my girls went to a private Christian school. I was on the board. The principal would walk into a classroom and if something was going on, she'd get my eldest daughter in trouble for the offense. To her (the principal), it was an easy win. She knew I would back her because we had just gotten rid of some take-advantage-of-their-position board members. And she could send a message to the real perpetrators.

That was a decade ago and we still talk about it and I still apologize for it. (I'd have confronted the principal, but we were on our way out the door anyhow. They shut down soon after. Hard to run a Christian school in mASS. Lowest population of Christians AND good schools relative to the rest of the country. That stuff plays well in the South with truly crappy schools.)

Same here. Why take down a drug dealer and all the danger that goes with that? Best to take down some guy who smuggled in some guns. Easy win and you can pat yourself on the back that you did tons for the community.

Of course, the turds he was selling guns to likely would never use them or use them against each other. Drug dealers??? Definitely not a victimless crime.

I guess a "known" drug trafficker was ok but selling firearms broke the camels back.
To be fair, there were numerous drug busts in Brockton in the second half of 2019, including this one in August. I have no idea if it was this dealer or someone else, nor what they got in exchange for fingering Philippe.

Back in the day, my girls went to a private Christian school. I was on the board. The principal would walk into a classroom and if something was going on, she'd get my eldest daughter in trouble for the offense. To her (the principal), it was an easy win.
You can make it up to your eldest with the gift of a personalized T-shirt.

Richard Philippe, 42, was convicted following a four-day jury trial of transporting firearms into Massachusetts from Georgia without a license and being a felon in possession of ammunition. The charge of possessing ammunition after being convicted of a felony provides for a sentence of up to 10 years in prison, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000. The charge of transportation and receipt of firearms acquired outside of state of residency provides for a sentence of up to five years in prison, up to three years of supervised release and a fine of up to $250,000. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court judge based on the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors. U.S. District Court Chief Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV scheduled sentencing for April 4, 2022.

Back
Top Bottom