• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**Attention glock armorers** Zev trigger installation

My Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger pack showed up today and I sank a reasonable amount of time into dropping it into my 19 with no real progress. i can't get my trigger to reset all the way up and allow the trigger safety to reset as well. The only way to get a full reset is by forcing the trigger forward so the safety can clear the frame. Any pressure on the trigger depress sticks and stays, there isn't any free movement to the trigger.

Can anyone direct me to a good armorer or shop that I could pay to help me get it tuned right. I'm compitent with other firearms but I don't really want to persue getting it right on my own. I'd like to pay to have it done right so I can feel confident with all the safeties working correctly. I live in Newburyport, MA I'm willing to drive a good distance to get it right or ship it. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Are you sure you have the right gen trigger.

I ordered one for a gen 3, a different manufacturer Sent me a g4. After a lot of fiddling with it I called and they said they mailed the wrong one. They made good on it.

Just a thought?

You want to go to glocktalk. Lot's of problems with Zev triggers over the years.

Recent problems of this nature have been resolved by replacing the zev striker spring with a stock striker spring.

My Vanek trigger kit does the same thing if the trigger spring is installed wrong. Are you sure the spring is attached to the trigger bar correctly?

Are you talking about carrying this gun to defend yourself? I would dump that trigger yesterday.

^this
for carry, stock glock trigger or the NY1/3.5# setup is perfect. the lighter weight triggers are a no go for multiple reasons. further if I need a 3# trigger to hit the target then my technique needs work.

my G19 that has the NY1/3.5# trigger and many folks have shot it much to their surprise like it. makes the trigger more consistent like a kahr trigger.

This is why these items come with "Should be installed by a competent gunsmith". Then people look on YouTube and say "how hard can it be" then come on NES asking for a gunsmith because their gun won't shoot.

This is why these items come with "Should be installed by a competent gunsmith". Then people look on YouTube and say "how hard can it be" then come on NES asking for a gunsmith because their gun won't shoot.

I hear you but that's not the way this trigger is advertised even speaking with the folks at Zev. It's a full drop in trigger with zero initial adjustments. Everything is brand new and polished that goes into the gun. I'm just looking for a suitable direction thanks for pointing out the obvious of what's happened here. Zev factory had confirmed that it is in fact a trigger error.

I hear you but that's not the way this trigger is advertised even speaking with the folks at Zev. It's a full drop in trigger with zero initial adjustments. Everything is brand new and polished that goes into the gun. I'm just looking for a suitable direction thanks for pointing out the obvious of what's happened here. Zev factory had confirmed that it is in fact a trigger error.

Hopefully Zev will fix it if the error is theirs. Forgive me if I get desensitized after all the "my gun won't shoot" threads from the trailer park gunsmiths.

Hopefully Zev will fix it if the error is theirs. Forgive me if I get desensitized after all the "my gun won't shoot" threads from the trailer park gunsmiths.

WTF did I ever do to you?
Allen-1- living in a trailer park during the summer; the management calls it a "Resort Campground" (and charges accordingly).

WTF did I ever do to you?
Allen-1- living in a trailer park during the summer; the management calls it a "Resort Campground" (and charges accordingly).

Mea culpa, I meant "Resort Campground Gunsmiths". They just happen to be in hurricane territory.

You are running too weak of a striker spring, which is not pulling your trigger bar forward enough to reset your safe action trigger. Very common with Zev kits, and not an enormous consideration for most people who would use this trigger pack in competition. The trigger is still "re-setting" far enough to fire the next shot, just not enough to engage your safety. The Zev fulcrum kits are definitely not safe for EDC, but if you desire to fix your issue, install a striker spring 1 - 1.5 lbs heavier.

I have 2 thoughts.

1) Contact Zev.

2) check the trigger spring, which actually pulls the trigger forward. This spring assists in the reset. Make sure its installed correctly. If the Zev kit replaced the spring with a different one, try the stock one.

Don
(Glock Armorer)

- - - Updated - - -

You are running too weak of a striker spring, which is not pulling your trigger bar forward enough to reset your safe action trigger. Very common with Zev kits, and not an enormous consideration for most people who would use this trigger pack in competition. The trigger is still "re-setting" far enough to fire the next shot, just not enough to engage your safety. The Zev fulcrum kits are definitely not safe for EDC, but if you desire to fix your issue, install a striker spring 1 - 1.5 lbs heavier.

What do the Zev kits come with? Stock is 5.5 if I remember correctly. With otherwise stock components, I've never gone below 3.5 lbs and didn't have trouble with the reset.

I have 2 thoughts.

1) Contact Zev.

2) check the trigger spring, which actually pulls the trigger forward. This spring assists in the reset. Make sure its installed correctly. If the Zev kit replaced the spring with a different one, try the stock one.

Don
(Glock Armorer)

- - - Updated - - -

What do the Zev kits come with? Stock is 5.5 if I remember correctly. With otherwise stock components, I've never gone below 3.5 lbs and didn't have trouble with the reset.

These Kits usually come with a 4lb, 5lb, and 6lb striker spring. Most people try to initially run the 4lb, which will lead to the issue described in the original post.

These Kits usually come with a 4lb, 5lb, and 6lb striker spring. Most people try to initially run the 4lb, which will lead to the issue described in the original post.

^ makes perfect sense since the striker spring pushes the trigger bar forward once the slide is back into battery and the trigger is let off to reset. so a lighter striker spring doesn't have the strength to do it. i have ZERO experience with any of these aftermarket triggers because i've found the stock glock triggers are pretty darn good (at least for defensive purposes). that's one perk to learning with a SW9/sigma is that every subsequent trigger feels great!

Back
Top Bottom