• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATTENTION: Dealers and those who buy from them

Here's an example.... (gun is a P229M in this pic, and is unloaded... so hence it is "dark" there., otherwise you would see silver or brass)

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx169/delta10mm/ma**h***-crop.jpg

-Mike

I paint my casings blaze orange to make them more visable in the LCI.

Funny thing is that my P220 has a LCI and I've never looked at it once. All my other Sigs predate that stupid hole.

Look, if they are gonna do this it will probably be from records of sales already made. It has also probably been a consistant thing with the particular dealer they are after. Lets hope it is that pesky source of mis-information whose name we shun in disdain. That would turn many of us into cheerleaders.

I'm curious because I recently heard that Coakley hasn't been active in enforcing compliance with the "list" since she's been in office. If that has been the case for 4 years has it been on purpose to encourage dealers to take the risk? Has that fact become apparent to the governor who is insisting she get active?

I hope people geton the phone and call their favorite gun shop and warn them.

I'm with the others. I think it's the best way if it has to exist at all.

Walther has had an LCI since the 1930's on their PP/PPK and P-38 Pistols.
The protruding pin on the rear of the slide allows one to check for a loaded chamber just by feel alone, no looking down a hole is necessary. I'm surprised this type of LCI hasn't been adopted by other manufacturers.

The protruding pin on the rear of the slide allows one to check for a loaded chamber just by feel alone, no looking down a hole is necessary. I'm surprised this type of LCI hasn't been adopted by other manufacturers.

Springfield XDm's have this.

A touch based lci, even if it was also visible, was explicitly rejected by the previous AG wrt glocks.

The Second Amendment Foundation is pushing the CA case. I have no idea when it finally reaches the courts but before it does we should be raising money to bring the SAF here to file as soon as they win the case in CA. Why wait to allow MA the chance to do the forensics on the CA case to figure out how to beat it. The SAF can file and get MA under the gun in a day or so if we have money in place and have them lined up with the experienced law firms to get the job done. It is time to begin the fund raisers. It is time to enlist the elite team of people to lead the MA battle. We need names to file the lawsuit on behalf of. All you need is someone to say the only gun they can shoot accurately isn't allowed in the state. Our suit should be ready to go as soon as a CA decision is announced...within hours of the CA decision. If the CA list is determined to be nonsense then MA may not even defend the lists...especially if there is a suit filed immediately. Do we take aim and shake like Barney Fife? Hell no! Lets take a Dirty Harry stance and have a big loaded gun (figuratively speaking) waiting and take aim at busting the lists.

I agree 100% - there are lawsuits underway in places that are even more anti-gun that here (CA, NJ, etc). They are challenging the "lists" in those places. There is hope. We are never, ever going to win at the ballot box, but we can win in court!

The Second Amendment Foundation is pushing the CA case. I have no idea when it finally reaches the courts but before it does we should be raising money to bring the SAF here to file as soon as they win the case in CA. Why wait to allow MA the chance to do the forensics on the CA case to figure out how to beat it. The SAF can file and get MA under the gun in a day or so if we have money in place and have them lined up with the experienced law firms to get the job done. It is time to begin the fund raisers. It is time to enlist the elite team of people to lead the MA battle. We need names to file the lawsuit on behalf of. All you need is someone to say the only gun they can shoot accurately isn't allowed in the state. Our suit should be ready to go as soon as a CA decision is announced...within hours of the CA decision. If the CA list is determined to be nonsense then MA may not even defend the lists...especially if there is a suit filed immediately. Do we take aim and shake like Barney Fife? Hell no! Lets take a Dirty Harry stance and have a big loaded gun (figuratively speaking) waiting and take aim at busting the lists.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/content/105-Announcing-Commonwealth-Second-Amendment

Seriously.

So if they transfer to a LEO who is undercover they are still transferring to a LEO and not violating the law. That was easy. LOL
It isn't unusual for dealers to have firearms and magazines in stock that can be purchased by Law Enforcement but not by the average citizen. As to whether that dealer is willing to transfer them to non-LEO's is where this becomes possible.

Springfield XDm's have this.

I didn't know that, I live in Mass so I never actually got to handle or fire an XD

A touch based lci, even if it was also visible, was explicitly rejected by the previous AG wrt glocks.

That doesn't make any sense, but what with regards to Mass gun laws does.
A system that allows two ways to check chamber condition is rejected in favor of a sight based system only?
How did the Walther PPK/PPKs gain Mass compliance?
It uses the protruding pin LCI system and also lacks a magazine disconnect?

No determination was made other than "the Glock does not qualify under the regulations". Other brands use the LCI technique (for example, Beretta) without problem. One could argue that the Beretta's is colored red, however, it looks very much like it could be a case of "find a reason to keep the Glocks out" rather than an objective determination.

So if they transfer to a LEO who is undercover they are still transferring to a LEO and not violating the law. That was easy. LOL
LE agencies conducting under-age stings don't send someone over 21 and try to bust stores for selling without checking ID (which is not an offense), but use the services of someone who is actually under 21 so that an actual crime is committed. Naturally, this part time job gains such minors tremendous respect amongst their peer group :).

I would expect any non-compliant gun sting would use an unsworn buyer for this same reason.

So? Did anything actually happen this weekend?

Indeed.

My first thought up on reading the OP was, 'WTF is this troll crap?' Not that it's an unbelievable situation; rather it seemed unusual for accurate info concerning something like this, to wash up on our collective doorstep. Nonetheless, as I read responses, it appeared that several NES members known (to me) for measured responses, with opinions I generally respect, seemed to take the OP at face value. This lead me to wonder if perhaps they were privy to further details I was not which accounted for there apparent confidence. This would make sense.

Now, hell, I'm just curious if anything came from this teacup tempest.

You don't know that. All you know is that the AG's office said it wasn't good enough. They didn't map out a specification for what was actually required. This is pretty clear from looking at the "accepted" guns and the perceived spec being all over the map. Some of the "approved" LCIs can be removed with gun solvent. [laugh]

It's pretty clear that the moonbats that get into the AG's office have a "thing" for striker fired handguns.

-Mike

I didn't know that, I live in Mass so I never actually got to handle or fire an XD

That doesn't make any sense, but what with regards to Mass gun laws does.
A system that allows two ways to check chamber condition is rejected in favor of a sight based system only?
How did the Walther PPK/PPKs gain Mass compliance?
It uses the protruding pin LCI system and also lacks a magazine disconnect?

Does it actually show that the chamber is loaded or that the striker is cocked? I thought it was the latter but I'm not sure.

Also, that design wouldn't work with an exposed hammer like a SIG has.

Does it actually show that the chamber is loaded or that the striker is cocked? I thought it was the latter but I'm not sure.

Also, that design wouldn't work with an exposed hammer like a SIG has.

On the XDm, IIRC, it doesn't protrude when there is nothing in the chamber. Not sure about any of the other firearms.

LCI's go back even further than that, it is part of the design of the Luger. An LCI that can be felt, no need to visually inspect if a round is chambered. IMO a common sense LCI is an asset, not a liability. Obviously firearms manufacturers should not be mandated to include that as part of their design to sell their wares though.

04-luger-pistol-extractor.jpg

The HK USP also does that luger style loaded chamber indicator. They machined the extractor so it so that it protrudes about 10 mils when there is brass in the chamber, painted the sides of it red, and wrote about in the the manual.

I wonder how bad that notch in the chamber is at collecting dirt.

The HK USP also does that luger style loaded chamber indicator. They machined the extractor so it so that it protrudes about 10 mils when there is brass in the chamber, painted the sides of it red, and wrote about in the the manual.

I wonder how bad that notch in the chamber is at collecting dirt.

Yet somehow HK USPs and all the derivatives (P30, HK45, etc) still aren't MA compliant even though they have everything the AG requires. *sigh*

This is going to be my first and last post on this site. I'm going to ask to have my account deleted.

There's a sting operation underway in MA right now that could happen as soon as this weekend.

The authorities are going to try to bust a gun dealer for selling a handgun that is not on the Approved Roster. It'll be one of those guns that seems to be approved, but will be a slightly different finish or model. Since many dealers have only a partial grasp of the convoluted regulations in your state, it should be easy for them to find a victm.

It will be a weak case at best and the dealer will probably beat it in court, but that is not the reason for this exercise. The Patrick administration hopes to play it up big in the media, and use it as a reason to crack down and enact even stricter laws.

Please tell your local dealers about this, and urge them to use extreme caution in the coming weeks.
Good luck to them: the dealers still standing in MA have a lot better working knowledge of all the laws than most others.

Should fatten up Scott Brown's campaign fund nicely, though.

Yet somehow HK USPs and all the derivatives (P30, HK45, etc) still aren't MA compliant even though they have everything the AG requires. *sigh*

Your not missing out on not being able to buy HK'S. Better guns out there for less. You have been watching too many episodes of "24".

Last edited:
Your not missing out on not being able to buy HK'S. Better guns out there for less. You have been watching too many episodes of "24".

I've never watched 24 at all and I have an HK45 that I like a lot. You should try reading the whole thread though because that's not the point.

I agree 100% - there are lawsuits underway in places that are even more anti-gun that here (CA, NJ, etc). They are challenging the "lists" in those places. There is hope. We are never, ever going to win at the ballot box, but we can win in court!

Just for the record there are no "lists" in NJ that are being challenged. Other than the evil black rifle that can't have a flash supressor or folding stock. In NJ we can buy any handgun we want. The issue we face is no CCW unless you are a celebrity. And of course is the NRA helping us? NO. They just take our money and help out other states and by all accounts they avoid Ma. like the plague also.

I have read the thread and frankly you people need to stop talking about it and do something! They are 2 conflicting laws and if it is open to any interpretation it's not really a law. It's either one or the other not both.

Back
Top Bottom