• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Attempted robbery of choking of a woman, and possible loss of LTC

I have no problem with "warning shots" divorced from what the govs response might be. Situation dictates -- here, clearly, warning shots worked. They also fell into our EOF continuum as infantry overseas. Clearly there is a "tactical" place for warning shots. That said, they aren't always appropriate.

Be very careful. If that turned out to be his girlfriend she would turn on you on a dime.
Sort of my point RE warning shots. If you can end a threat and not kill the person (not always possible), that is in every way preferable. If this dude blasted this guy, you bet your ass it would be more than "voluntarily surrendered the gun and LTC," which I imagine he is likely to get back. Now "Oh my god he killed my boyfriend he was just messing around because we were arguing" and you have a mega world of shit.

Ouch... This is why you don't get involved. Doing the right thing means you're f***ed for life in this state.

Always remember, they don't want self help here.
this and it's too bad. If I lived in TX or some relatively sane state, I'd have no problem using my gun to save someone's ass. In MA, I'd likely just walk away and mind my own business. Sadly, I don't have never ending $$$$ to defend myself for doing the right thing.

Last edited:
I guess some you guys got a lot more free cash on hand than I do for the severe wallet rape you're going to get in legal bills. You are assuming the cops are 10 mins away and I get that but they could also be around the corner.
Either way I'm no Super Hero and I don't work for this state

Remember a few years back when the guy killed a waitress at a restaurant in the Silver City Galleria, the perp was shot by an off duty deputy sheriff and he still got shit I think.

Remember a few years back when the guy killed a waitress at a restaurant in the Silver City Galleria, the perp was shot by an off duty deputy sheriff and he still got shit I think.
I was thinking more in line with the security guard who dropped that fruit cake at MGH??
That cost him a bundle and he was paid to protect.
F that noise.

I sat and thought about this a bit before writing anything. I would like to applaud the guy for stopping a violent crime. Good job sir. That being said, this is Massachusetts and when it comes to self defense, don't get involved it's not worth it even *if* the outcome is good. If the perp had been a black man choking out a white woman and the guy took a shot then with the absolute nutcase liberals we have running this state he and his entire family would be charged with 1st degree murder, held in solitary confinement and his life or whatever is left of it ruined.

My own personal philosophy is that I am *not* a sheepdog, nor do I play one on TV. I am more like a black widow spider. No one sees the black widow spider until it's too late. If a crime is committed in my presence then I can gleefully pull out my phone and start recording in one hand and have a handy dandy piece of chalk to help police draw the chalkline when they finally arrive. If it's a cop getting beaten, same thing. It does not pay to help someone in this state no matter who up to and including politicians. Anywhere else, this guy would be a hero. Over here, he's a villain, *even* if he were saving a black mans life.

I just realized that the BPD report does NOT indicate that the third party produced a firearm in order to defend the VICTIM. He may very well have just yelled at the offending party to stop their attack, thus directing their attention away from the victim and toward himself. It may be that the attacker then redirected his attack to the third party, causing said third party to fear for his own life, which THEN caused him to produce his legally carried firearm.

On arrival, officers learned that the suspect had approached an adult female victim and attempted to rob her. During the incident, the suspect placed his hands around the victim’s neck while making threats to kill her. At this time a witness, who is licensed to carry a firearm, arrived and attempted to intercede. The suspect then approached this witness and reached towards the waistband area of his pants while making additional threats at which time the witness discharged a single round away from any persons or property, causing other individuals in the vicinity to call 911, hastening the response of BPD officers who quickly arrived to secure the scene.

Not a cop, not a hero... but some of you are lousy neighbors. If I'm with my family their safety is 100% the priority, but seriously nice people here caring more about your potential legal bills than someones wife, mother, daughter, etc getting choked the f*** out when you can do something about it. Cops are the "sheepdogs," good samaritans are good samaritans.

Why did he even get involved in this state? He is not a cop or other LEO so stay the hell out of it and call 911 if you want. Firing a round into anyplace just says arrest me and take my shit.
Had he just called 911 and filmed it with his phone like every other person does he’d have no issues with anyone today.
It is probably on twatter or farcebook already from three angles with narration.

Not a cop, not a hero... but some of you are lousy neighbors. If I'm with my family their safety is 100% the priority, but seriously nice people here caring more about your potential legal bills than someones wife, mother, daughter, etc getting choked the f*** out when you can do something about it. Cops are the "sheepdogs," good samaritans are good samaritans.
But no good deed goes unpunished in the PRoM.

I was thinking more in line with the security guard who dropped that fruit cake at MGH??
That cost him a bundle and he was paid to protect.
F that noise.
Martha f*cked that poor bastard hard and dry.
Your never going to see a more textbook case of justified deadly force.
Inexcusable.

NESers get a warm feeling from all of the hypothetical defensive gun uses;
many of which go unreported because some people know not to invite The Man into their life.

They tout that as a hidden benefit of RKBA.

How many tragic attacks are consummated within sight of gun owners
who don't choose to get involved - because they know exactly what happens next?

That's a hidden cost of (unconstitutional) gun control.

Never ever pulled that gun unless you are defending your life or your family. This state will screw him. He will be charged with something. Probably like discharging a firearm in a public place. The so called felon is probably out on the street and she will probably refuse to testify.

I’ll take that as a direct hit re: bills and that’s OK. I’m not willing to be somebody’s prison bitch to defend anybody but ME and my family. That line stops at my wife including my direct blood family. Not her side as they can make their own choices.
Race, color or creed does not make up my mind.

Why did he even get involved in this state? He is not a cop or other LEO so stay the hell out of it and call 911 if you want. Firing a round into anyplace just says arrest me and take my shit.
Had he just called 911 and filmed it with his phone like every other person does he’d have no issues with anyone today.
Sadly, you are probably correct.

Sounds like he did a parate round, dumb, just dumb.

Sort of my point RE warning shots. If you can end a threat and not kill the person (not always possible), that is in every way preferable. If this dude blasted this guy, you bet your ass it would be more than "voluntarily surrendered the gun and LTC," which I imagine he is likely to get back. Now "Oh my god he killed my boyfriend he was just messing around because we were arguing" and you have a mega world of shit.
The problem with warning shots is where does that shot go? I'm responsible for every piece of lead that leaves my gun. If I have to use deadly force, I may not go to jail over the shot that misses, but I'll have to live with it.

In a high stress situation? In any kind of populated area? I'd rather not. My time in the AZ desert, sure, nothing around for miles.
I'll reiterate, situation dictates. On a crowded side-walk, sure, use the dudes skull as a back-stop. But if you're on some running trail in a park or what not, I'm sure theres a pretty decent direction to take a shot that's not likely to hit anyone.

Back
Top Bottom