• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Attempted robbery of choking of a woman, and possible loss of LTC

X14478

NES Member

I wonder if he’ll lose his LTC, it was issued in Boston you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. A situation like this remind me to always have something also non-lethal.

I wonder if he’ll lose his LTC, it was issued in Boston you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. A situation like this remind me to always have something also non-lethal.
all sarcasm aside - it indeed would be nice to track somehow and find out how and what with will that story end.
my vote is on the 'accidental discharge' qualification and a subsequent ltc revocation, but, who knows. i would be very happy to be proven wrong here.

The suspect then approached this witness and reached towards the waistband area of his pants while making additional threats at which time the witness discharged a single round away from any persons or property, causing other individuals in the vicinity to call 911, hastening the response of BPD officers who quickly arrived to secure the scene.

Not saying he should lose his LTC but when are “warning shots” a smart choice?

also. Lady getting strangled. One speed of response from police. Shots fired. They kick up the response. Lol. Good luck to anyone who is in danger

Why did he even get involved in this state? He is not a cop or other LEO so stay the hell out of it and call 911 if you want. Firing a round into anyplace just says arrest me and take my shit.
Had he just called 911 and filmed it with his phone like every other person does he’d have no issues with anyone today.

Why did he even get involved in this state? He is not a cop or other LEO so stay the hell out of it and call 911 if you want. Firing a round into anyplace just says arrest me and take my shit.
Had he just called 911 and filmed it with his phone like every other person does he’d have no issues with anyone today.

I dunno man, I don't know how you would ignore someone choking anyone, especially a female, even if you didn't know a robbery was involved.

I wouldn't have pulled a gun for the average unarmed drug addict or wife beater (my initial approach would be yell, try to chase them off) but I weigh 240 lbs and I haven't had a good fist fight in a number of years and that sounds fun. But if the guy was a monster or I was 20 years older or 100 lbs lighter oh hell yes.

Bottom line - the woman might be dead or seriously injured if everyone just stood by for the police.

I dunno man, I don't know how you would ignore someone choking anyone, especially a female, even if you didn't know a robbery was involved.

I wouldn't have pulled a gun for the average unarmed drug addict or wife beater (my initial approach would be yell, try to chase them off) but I weigh 240 lbs and I haven't had a good fist fight in a number of years and that sounds fun. But if the guy was a monster or I was 20 years older or 100 lbs lighter oh hell yes.

Bottom line - the woman might be dead or seriously injured if everyone just stood by for the police.
I'm not out trying to play cop - but I'm not just going to stand there while someone gets choked out. What the f*** is the point of having an LTC/gun if you aren't going to use it when it is clearly justified?

I think another issue too would be getting into a physical fight with someone while armed. Could possibly get your firearm taken from you during the physical altercation.

I think another issue too would be getting into a physical fight with someone while armed. Could possibly get your firearm taken from you during the physical altercation.

Sure that almost might justify using it, would really depend on results of sizing up the attacker.

I am surprised the attacker actually attempted to come at the Good Samaritan, almost is like they had a back and forth about "you don't have the balls to shoot me" or "that's not a real gun", followed by a warning shot.

Hopefully the Good Samaritan comes out of this whole. The police taking the LTC and pistol isn't all that odd, for all the police know they didn't initially get the whole story. From the article they are calling that person the witness. So they have witness and suspect correct at least.

The witness voluntarily turned over his firearm and License to Carry a Firearm on scene as this investigation remains active and ongoing.

Thank you for saving that woman, citizen. Now give us your rights so you don't do it again! Go buy an ATV or something. That's what Franklin Park is for.

This is the unfortunate way to do things in MA. The state has it setup so if there's a violent crime occurring, you call the police, wait 10 mins for them to show up, rather than defensing you or someone else in the moment. In that 10 mins, a lot of bad things can happen. That's simply the way they want it, because they don'y want citizens practicing self-defense using a firearm, knife, or non-lethal means such as pepper spray or taser.

Guy should of had the Byrna HD pepper spray system,.. so then after everyone can clean up and have a good laugh,..

images(3).jpg

The suspect then approached this witness and reached towards the waistband area of his pants while making additional threats at which time the witness discharged a single round away from any persons or property, causing other individuals in the vicinity to call 911, hastening the response of BPD officers who quickly arrived to secure the scene.

Not saying he should lose his LTC but when are “warning shots” a smart choice?

also. Lady getting strangled. One speed of response from police. Shots fired. They kick up the response. Lol. Good luck to anyone who is in danger
I was just thinking the same thing shoot to kill or don't shoot..

I'm a big guy and years ago I was in a watering hole in Lawrence, I didn't carry back then. A woman was having the ever living crap beat out of her, I decided to intervene and the barmaid tried stopping me. Long story short, the woman didn't want me to get involved and the POS who was beating her got a bunch of his friends to wait for me to leave, the barmaid wouldn't let me leave until the cops showed up. Sometimes it's just better to call the cops unless it's a family member.

Gun on a golf course??? That's what your golf cart is for. ;)

I'm not saying hte guy did it right, but what else do you do?? You run over to help this woman who is getting choked and threatened. You pull your piece. He calls your bluff. At what point do you just let him leave and/or shoot him? (and/or. LOL). "Get down on the ground or I'll be forced to kill you for no good reason, sir!" Really???? Lic'd gun owner is NOT going to shoot a walk-fleeing suspect in the back.

I think warning shots can be dangerous, but I also think a bit of grace is in order.

I'm a big guy and years ago I was in a watering hole in Lawrence, I didn't carry back then. A woman was having the ever living crap beat out of her, I decided to intervene and the barmaid tried stopping me. Long story short, the woman didn't want me to get involved and the POS who was beating her got a bunch of his friends to wait for me to leave, the barmaid wouldn't let me leave until the cops showed up. Sometimes it's just better to call the cops unless it's a family member.
Eh I'm thick headed I'd have done the same thing.

Only thing you're story confirms is don't go to Lawrence lol

Gun on a golf course??? That's what your golf cart is for. ;)

I'm not saying hte guy did it right, but what else do you do?? You run over to help this woman who is getting choked and threatened. You pull your piece. He calls your bluff. At what point do you just let him leave and/or shoot him? (and/or. LOL). "Get down on the ground or I'll be forced to kill you for no good reason, sir!" Really???? Lic'd gun owner is NOT going to shoot a walk-fleeing suspect in the back.

I think warning shots can be dangerous, but I also think a bit of grace is in order.
To quote dmx

You better bust that if you gonna pull that.

If your not shooting don't pull it out. Because what if he calls your bluff and kills you.

In the story it said he threatened the man intervening already which is why he pulled out the gun.

Back
Top Bottom