Attempted Hack

I go an email from NES that someone failed multiple times to login my account. The IP was 117.148.49.131, arin search shows the IP is from Austrailia. I guess it's time to change my password to be safe. Did anyone else get an email on their account?

P Address:
City:
Beijing
State/Region:
Beijing
Country Code:
CN
Postal Code:
ISP:
China Mobile Communications Corporation
Time Zone:
+08:00 UTC/GMT
Latitude:
Longitude:

I go an email from NES that someone failed multiple times to login my account. The IP was 117.148.49.131, arin search shows the IP is from Austrailia. I guess it's time to change my password to be safe. Did anyone else get an email on their account?

My guess is that someone thinks they have the same username as you. There isn't much to gain by having full access as lambchop on NES. A real hacker wouldn't waist 2 min.

I'm here to help. Just give me your DOB and SS# and we will get to the bottom of this.
chinese-gangster.jpg

See, while you were messing with nonsense, I got an email about winning the Spanish lottery, all they needed were click here and there, my SSN# and CC, easy!

it's campaign and caviar for me from this point on. Have fun shoveling tomorrow, snow monkies.

My guess is that someone thinks they have the same username as you. There isn't much to gain by having full access as lambchop on NES. A real hacker wouldn't waist 2 min.

Not true. Most people tend to use the same password for everything on the internet.

Also, if they login, they can then check what email address you have registered and then go and try to hack that. Once your email is compromised, then they pretty much have a lot more power over your life. They can look at your inbox, figure out who you bank with, login there and even if they fail, they can request a password reset and BOOM...lambchop is boned.

PRO TIP: Use different passwords for EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
IP address location means nothing. When I'm on Tor, Gmail sometimes won't let me log in without a million questions since all the sudden, I'm pinging from Greenland.

And yes, I realize Tor + Gmail is a general no-no but I only use it as a proxy.

Not true. Most people tend to use the same password for everything on the internet.

Also, if they login, they can then check what email address you have registered and then go and try to hack that. Once your email is compromised, then they pretty much have a lot more power over your life. They can look at your inbox, figure out who you bank with, login there and even if they fail, they can request a password reset and BOOM...lambchop is boned.

Bingo, most hope the account will lead to more info like an email and then a shared password for a credit card or bank account.

See, while you were messing with nonsense, I got an email about winning the Spanish lottery, all they needed were click here and there, my SSN# and CC, easy!

it's campaign and caviar for me from this point on. Have fun shoveling tomorrow, snow monkies.

What are you campaigning for?

If you're an NES password is the same as your bank code than you deserve to be hacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, you guys are quite the character. On a side note, I decided to look at a few other accounts. Armslist sends your account info as clear text so make sure you have a random password for that site.

Back
Top Bottom