• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Atlanta Police Fatally Shoot Black Man in the Back at Wendy's Drive-Thru

The standards have dropped lower and lower over the years to make sure that any diversity hires make the cut.
That's not being snide, it's a fact.
Guys that would have washed out are making it through because they had to drop the standards so an out of shape minority female doesn't sue the shit out of the city or state for being racist because they couldn't make the cut.
That's not a racist statement it's the hard truth.
Or too intelligent:

So:
SCMensaCard.jpg

DISQUALIFIED! [laugh]

(FWIW, not for all the tea in China would I want a job in law enforcement. Not even bar bouncer.)

Well the thing about the education is mehhh, to me at least, I’ve seen it. Cops have to be smart in an entirely different way than can be taught from any books. I know cops that’re very book smart, almost over intelligent types and they honestly don’t make great cops.

They overthink everything, never really develop good street instincts, scare easily and then they start paying money to get promoted (*take the test, cost a lot of money) and quickly get off the street because it’s dangerous and their education tells them they should stay behind a desk.

Then they end up upstairs in admin where they develop stupid new policies that they know nothing about because they didn't work out streetwise to begin with. That’s how we got here in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how it all works but you still need people to actually solve crimes and not just patrol areas and look intimidating etc... If the person is 4'11" but has Sherlock Holmes skills they should still be allowed to be a detective for example

Are you advocating for @minininjer to be an actual Detective Pikachu?? She’d be in heaven. lol

Charges dropped against Atlanta officers in shooting of Rayshard Brooks; prosecutor says they 'committed no crimes'​

The shooting of Brooks came at the peak of the movement in the summer of 2020 for police accountability and set off nights of searing protests in Atlanta.

UPDATE: Special prosecutor Pete Skandalakis has said he determined it was "reasonable" to use deadly force by Atlanta Ofc. Garrett Rolfe in the shooting of Rayshard Brooks at a Wendy's in June 2020.

He said the officers "acted within the scope of their duties" when they began to arrest Brooks at the Wendy's on suspicion of DUI and had "no idea" a struggle would occur and result in the shooting of Brooks.

Skandalakis said they "committed no crimes" and "acted as reasonable officers" and that the use of force was justified.

The charges against Ofc. Rolfe - which included murder - and Ofc. Devin Brosnan stemming from the night of the shooting have been dropped.

Skandalakis said his office would "file in Fulton County an administrative dismissal in which we will be dismissing all the warrants" against Rolfe and Brosnan.

Back
Top Bottom