• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATK Ramping up ammo production

The company I work at recruits engineering contractors for ATK, they are ramping up production and bringing in new manufacturing personnel, like machine operators and the such.

Thought you guys might like the heads up.

Man, I want to start an ammo company, how great would that be???

Greatness isn't the question.......expense is. If it were that easy and inexpensive we'd be drowning in ammo.

If you have the bucks and the realestate, go for it.

It would be awesome. Right up until you start:

1) trying to raise millions
2) dealing with OSHA
3) dealing with EPA

None of that is fun.

Along with local and state and federal permitting, a suitable location, fire department regulations, local zoning, building specs, insurance, materials(powder, primers, brass, projectiles), machines to do the loading on, hiring help that is dependable and conscientious enough not to f*** things up for you.

Still interested?

So you don't have to go to the website . . .

CCI, Speer, Federal are all ATK brands.

Many others in the accessories line such as:
Alliant Powder
Champion
D-tect Systems
Eagle Industries
Gunslick
Intensity
Nitrex
Outers
Ram-Line
RCBS
Shooters Ridge
Weaver

Man, I want to start an ammo company, how great would that be???

Ten years ago when Russia was fire-sale'ing everything under the sun, I kinda toyed with the idea of buying the Tula Ammo works machinery (Wolf Ammo) and bringing it here. I don't have a.) the money or b.) the killer desire or c.) speak Russian or d.) know how to not-get-screwed in Russia. But I like to shoot AKs and figured that this would -- at least -- make that easier.

Fail.

Ten years ago when Russia was fire-sale'ing everything under the sun, I kinda toyed with the idea of buying the Tula Ammo works machinery (Wolf Ammo) and bringing it here. I don't have a.) the money or b.) the killer desire or c.) speak Russian or d.) know how to not-get-screwed in Russia. But I like to shoot AKs and figured that this would -- at least -- make that easier.

Your concept of "easier" is interesting. [smile]

I called Magtech this morning and spoke to a customer service person. I simply asked her what the problem was and she said it truely is a case of demand outstripping supply. She said a lot of their ammo comes up from Brazil (!) and sea-containers are arriving dail but are all presold. And, the factories can only produce a small number of calibers at a time and have to retool to change calibers. Some calibers, she said, are back-ordered to 2010, she said.

Just thought I'd share.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom