• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF To Reclassify Semi-Auto's as TYPE-2 Firearms

No such thing as a "type 2" firearm. There are TITLE II firearms though.

Title II guns are: machine guns, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, any other weapon, destructive devices, etc.

The FUDD shotgun owners would be in for a surprise if by executive order all 12 gauge shotguns were reclassified as Title II Destructive Devices (as they have barrels over the .50 limit).

If they want to start the shooting now, this would be one way to do it. Which is why they probably won't do that. Hell, classifying AR-15's as title II would probably start the shooting. Americans seem much more complacent if congress steals their liberty from them. If the president does it, all hell seems to break loose.

Sure they'd love to, but not likely to happen.

WND is on par with Alex Jones for credibility -- less than zero.

I completely agree with you on the credibility issue, but the issue at hand of executive orders reclassifying or blocking importation is a real and legal possibility.

ATF in the past has reclassified Title I weapons to Title II weapons. It's been done in the past, and could be done again with the stroke of a pen or a phone call.

In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action, according to interest-group leaders who have discussed options with Biden and key Cabinet secretaries. Possibilities include changes to federal mental-health programs and modernization of gun-tracking efforts by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...81efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_print.html

I just think Obama has no idea what an "american" is. I know some people are sheep and all. That was true during the revolution too. I think though that americans know what real liberty is, and what it is not. Obama would do this in a heartbeat if he could, and wouldn't give a shit what firestorm it set off.

I see no limits or restraints on what could happen at this point.

this sounds nice
flushing BATFE down the toilet is a good way to cut federal claws to where they need to be.
will the GOP do it? i guess we'll see soon enough.

Looks to me like Executive order: reclassify semi autos as Title II.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/politic...682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_story.html?hpid=z1

Seeking expansive mandate

In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action, according to interest-group leaders who have discussed options with Biden and key Cabinet secretaries. Possibilities include changes to federal mental-health programs and modernization of gun-tracking efforts by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Executive branch said they will pull funding and disband the ATF if this happens. I hope it does that'll free up like 5 trillion dollars over 10 years

- - - Updated - - -

ATF = a$$holes taking firearms?

Originally Posted by jtorbin88
Executive branch said they will pull funding and disband the ATF if this happens. I hope it does that'll free up like 5 trillion dollars over 10 years

- - - Updated - - -

ATF = a$$holes taking firearms?
"Always Think Forfeiture"...

In an interesting turn of events, wouldn't that deregulate class 3 toys? Talk about your unintended consequences!

Last edited:
Interesting setiment from a post on the Gerogia Outdoor News Forum:

Why is any of this a surprise?
HUNDREDS on this very site TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
....and what did you do? You went right ahead and voted for the democrat nutcase Obama or one of those goofy libertarians.
Big Steve made a career out of laughing at those who said this would happen. So did The Waddler and Jockey Shorts. (Balrog did his part too).
You guys own it.

Here's the link, if you're interested: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=7521910

This potential move was mentioned the day after the last mass murder. Many people said that the Executive branch doesn't have the ability or power to rewrite laws. - it would need to be rewritten and amended through House & Senate.

But , I wouldn't trust no words written by no guy on some Internet.

....and what did you do? You went right ahead and voted for the democrat nutcase Obama or one of those goofy libertarians.
Big Steve made a career out of laughing at those who said this would happen. So did The Waddler and Jockey Shorts. (Balrog did his part too).
You guys own it.

Here's the link, if you're interested: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=7521910

Not really interesting, just the ramblings of a moron.

You guys own it.

Anybody who's been really paying attention over the last 5 years or so would have noticed that gun owners and "conservatives" in general - plus all of the Tea Party people, libertarians, and Ron Paul supporters - have all seemingly woken up since (at first) the threat of Obama - and later the reality of Obama - became apparent then real.

Typical behavior on the part of gun owners and conservatives in general in the past was just to excuse away all manner of stupidity and increasing tyranny - as long as a Republican was in office.

As far as I'm concerned having Obama back in office was better than Romney - because gun owners and conservatives have now woken the **** up - and are actively learning why having a big government is such a bad idea. They're paying the price for their past indescretions - and they NEED to - if there is to be any hope of ever righting this country.

People NEED to get pissed off and "not going to take it any more".

I've never seen that happen in my entire life - to the extent that it has in the last four to five years.

Anybody who's been really paying attention over the last 5 years or so would have noticed that gun owners and "conservatives" in general - plus all of the Tea Party people, libertarians, and Ron Paul supporters - have all seemingly woken up since (at first) the threat of Obama - and later the reality of Obama - became apparent then real.

Typical behavior on the part of gun owners and conservatives in general in the past was just to excuse away all manner of stupidity and increasing tyranny - as long as a Republican was in office.

As far as I'm concerned having Obama back in office was better than Romney - because gun owners and conservatives have now woken the **** up - and are actively learning why having a big government is such a bad idea. They're paying the price for their past indescretions - and they NEED to - if there is to be any hope of ever righting this country.

People NEED to get pissed off and "not going to take it any more".

I've never seen that happen in my entire life - to the extent that it has in the last four to five years.

I agree. Anyone who thinks Mittens also wouldn't have been on TV calling for a new AWB is fooling themselves.

You guys own it.

The only state where the Libertarian vote would have made a difference is Florida. All other states Obama won with more than 50% of the vote. And winning Florida would not have been enough for Romney to win.

I agree. Anyone who thinks Mittens also wouldn't have been on TV calling for a new AWB is fooling themselves.

Sadly I was one of those guys. I am of the mindset that I need to vote libertarian next time. With luck rand Paul will be running.

Would this not be an easy route for the man to levy a $200 per semi-auto tax?

I don't believe it would be legal to impose a retroactive tax on currently owned guns, but would likely include a "grace period" to complete the registrations. Either way, we are f'd because their ultimate goal IS registration because that paves an easy path to confiscation down the road. Right now there are far too many guns out there with no paper trails, and this would close that gap considerably.

I don't believe it would be legal to impose a retroactive tax on currently owned guns, but would likely include a "grace period" to complete the registrations. Either way, we are f'd because their ultimate goal IS registration because that paves an easy path to confiscation down the road. Right now there are far too many guns out there with no paper trails, and this would close that gap considerably.
Only if folks decide to bend over and comply.

Awesome! I'm going to order my full auto sear today and cut the barrel down the 14.5" like it should be. Thanks Unkie Obamie! Title II rocks! Cheaper Than Dirt takesEBT cards, right?

[/sarcasm]

Back
Top Bottom